BvS David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 3

This is SERIOUSLY still the discussion in here?

Unreal.

I hate Goyer for destroying Blade 3, but will not hate him over a few jokes.

Terrio will guide this ship correctly with better character interaction. Goyer is a good idea's man, but I feel bringing Terrio in from Argo credit, was brilliant.

I hope this film ends with "Argo **** yourself" being said somehow.

The General will say "Argo F' yourself" and Batman will laugh at his censorship.

Because of a few jokes? The stereotypical nerd rage coming out in full rage mode proved him right.

She Hulk jokes are no different than when someone brings up how Superman and Lois would do it. :woot:

Kevin Smith does even harsher jokes about cbm characters all the time, but no fuss is made.

The difference is, Kevin Smith is a comedian. One who's knowledgeable about comics and loves them, but a comedian nonetheless. You expect him to joke about that stuff.

By contrast, Goyer, IMO, has always seemed to push for a classier, more serious and adult take on comics and film...and yet here he is, joking about sex with She-Hulk and Martian Manhunter having a stupid name, like he's fourteen years old again.

The difference is, Kevin Smith is a comedian. One who's knowledgeable about comics and loves them, but a comedian nonetheless. You expect him to joke about that stuff.

By contrast, Goyer, IMO, has always seemed to push for a classier, more serious and adult take on comics and film...and yet here he is, joking about sex with She-Hulk and Martian Manhunter having a stupid name, like he's fourteen years old again.

The guy can't have a sense of humor? He isn't exactly writing Citizen Kane here.

Incredulity.jpg

He needs someone guide him. He's more of an ideas man IMO.

His work on TDK was fantastic but it was with help from Johnathan Nolan and Chris Nolan's directing that made it a masterpiece.

I also liked what he did for Black Ops 2... *hides*

I don't know man.. I listened to the entire podcast..
Within the context of the discussion? It wasn't as bad... 5 writers on a stage trying to come up with reboot and interaction ideas.
The comments about the She-hulk made sense in context, as well his comments about Martian Manhunter.. (Though, I am general not a fan of most of his work )

I am one that also thinks that he is an alright idea man, but his dialogue and character interaction needs another writer..
I still think that the way MOS handled Mr. Kent's death was ridiculous..
Not sure if that was Goyer? Or Snyder?

It didn't take long for Stan Lee and Neal Adams to react to David Goyer's comments about Martian Manhunter and She-Hulk.

I hope that the success of MoS hasn't got to Goyer's head.

So only comedians can make jokes?

YMGUQ00.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back