Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 48

I guess I would be more inclined to agree with you, if it didn't seem like the character you're getting hung up on is Kitty Pryde. Her mutation is her protection and affords her more safety than any body armor ever could. Moreover, when she's seemingly vulnerable, she's tucked away in a steel vault, or mountain, with an entire team of super powered people sacrificing themselves for her. While I understand they have to put her in something, I think it's also understandable why that something isn't body armor akin to that of a front line brawler, like Wolverine.

With the exceptions of the characters I mentioned I have issues with the way they all are dressed. They don't look battle torn or roughing it, nor battle ready. Either would have been the better route and made more sense imo. With Kitty I disagree, she's still vulnerable in more then a few situations as well as the main target. Sentinels don't have a problem getting into vaults, temples or anything like that. If that Sentinel at the intro was a few seconds earlier she would have been toast. Nobody would have saved her. Piece of rock, blast ricochet or whatever hits her arm she's done. Mission done.

Just really don't see it as being pointless, and if she was in a more protective outfit I doubt think there would be anyone really complaining. But all good, agree to disagree. :up:

Last edited:
They look great on screen. On pic... eh, i don't know. But I can't wait to see the new ones! I hope QS gets something good.

With the exceptions of the characters I mentioned I have issues with the way they all are dressed. They don't look battle torn or roughing it, nor battle ready. Either would have been the better route and made more sense imo. With Kitty I disagree, she's still vulnerable in more then a few situations as well as the main target. Sentinels don't have a problem getting into vaults, temples or anything like that. If that Sentinel at the intro was a few seconds earlier she would have been toast. Nobody would have saved her. Piece of rock, blast ricochet or whatever hits her arm she's done. Mission done.

Just really don't see it as being pointless, and if she was in a more protective outfit I doubt think there would be anyone really complaining. But all good, agree to disagree. :up:

I think your complaint is that essentially she is in nothing that resembles anything from the comics. If she wore something that makes her look like Kitty from the comics, I doubt you'd be this adamantly against her lack of any armor.

But let's be honest, her DOFP costume was not the most exciting.

Like the comics or not, if it looked cool I wouldn't have an issue.

I just flat out don't like the designs. I would have liked A) Something that looked visually better style wise or B) Something that showed off the time and struggle they were in more. Be it roughing them up or more battle prepped.

I liked them too. Magneto obviously having the best one but that's usually the case with these films.

i liked the costumes for Wolverine, Storm, Prof X, Colossus, Bishop and Blink the most. Iceman's costume looks a bit off but for some reason I really liked the jacket. Rogue's costume also looks neat.

So I just downloaded this Cerebro app from Play Store and its very cool. The video montages are nice especially the ones that feature scenes from Dofp. However, they did not include Kitty, Nightcrawler, Havok and the other mutant villains.

My sister bought me the X-Men Days of Future Past blue ray for Christmas (Was gonna wait for the X-tended cut, but a gift is a gift) and I have to say X-Men Days of Future Past is slowly becoming my favorite X-Men movie after watching it again a few times. I feel like it is on the same quality as X-2 but XDOFP just has more of everything. Cool action scenes, intense dramatic scenes and a good story. The movie does get better on a second view for sure.

20th Century Fox teamed up with Kia... Kia is releasing X-Car inspired by the X-Men. theres a video of it on YouTube.

Vaughn on DOFP and X-Men

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/01/exclusive-matthew-vaughn-talks-leaving-x-men-days-future-past-work-kingsman-secret-service.html

“So I asked Fox if they could put back Days of Future Past and they said ‘absolutely not’,” he continued “And so I said, ‘alright, I’m going to do Kingsman then’. You know, X-Men is not my franchise, it really is Bryan [Singer]’s. Bryan let me play with his toys and I had the time of my life, rearranged them a bit and then handed them back.”

“Do you know what, I thought it was really well done,” he said. “I was a little bit worried for me directing it because, time travel is so hard to pull off. And I think they all did a brilliant job. And Quicksilver was just genius – and that was Bryan, nothing to do with me.”

Black leather and bland stripes are suppose to be futuristic? Looks like cheap, awful designs to me.

In destroyed world you would create expensive wear, tell me more...
What's your IQ?

Part of the Sentinel Geneva Convention was that they left all tailors alone so fashionable war-wear could be developed :oldrazz:

huh fashionable war wear? I dont remember a Sentinel Convention happening in Geneva, Switzerland.

It was in a novelization that Christina Claremont wrote. You people do know who Christina Claremont is right?

Yeah, I can't believe people dont' know about this. It was on a viral site and everything!

The movie won "Best 3D Sequence of the Year" for the International 3D & Advanced Imaging Society’s Creative Arts Awards, presumably for the Quicksilver sequence.

GOTG won the Lumiere trophy for best live action 3D feature.

really? I watched it in 3d and the only thing I remember is not liking the flatness on Blink's portals. There were also a few snowflakes. I really hope Apoc can top this out.

I really really wish that FOX wouldn't stick "from the maker's of DOFP" in the FF trailer... Makes me feel all dirty...

So Kingsman is getting a Superbowl Commercial...

Guess which Fox movie from last year didn't? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"