Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 48

Kingsman is freaking awesome though, and out right around now. If I recall correctly, we'd only got trailer 1 at this point last year?

Well it's marketing, that's one of the best ways to sell that movie.

Yeah I know but still... I hate X-Men being associated with it

So Kingsman is getting a Superbowl Commercial...

Guess which Fox movie from last year didn't? :o

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Though Kingsman probably got a Super Bowl ad, because its out in 2 weeks.

Sweet Jesus, do not start the Super Bowl discussion again... :doh:

Kingsman could use it since it has to deal with 50 shades of grey.I am sure that was factor here.

Those were some good times. I can't wait until next year.:funny:

^ She'd be a bit older than that, no? but I do think that, if she really is dead in DOFP, someone could easily have her cloned because Trask banks samples of its test subjects, for sure. Sinister?

Given there is nothing even close to evidence that she is dead or was killed Id say they could bring her back with a one line of dialogue to say no I ain't dead

That's if they choose to bring her back, the only 2 they can't do that with is azazel and girl angel

^ I think they should go ahead and go into cloning. Genetics is a large component of the series anyway, right? And they're very sci-fi anyway, the characters achieve time-travel and build drones that hunt specific races based on DNA and even use a cloud to upload, share, and use some of that DNA.

If not, I wouldn't mind seeing some reanimation (maybe Apoc could achieve that... Actually can't wait to see him work on Archangel some day)

Genetics is definitely a large component of the series. Are you talking about cloning one of those 3?

'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Tops Visual Effects Society Awards, 'X-Men: Days of Future Past,' also wins trophies

Oscar nominee X-Men: Days of Future Past won two awards:

Outstanding Virtual Cinematography in a Photoreal/Live Action Motion Media Project
X-Men: Days of Future Past; Kitchen Scene
Austin Bonang
Casey Schatz
Dennis Jones
Newton Thomas Sigel

Outstanding Effects Simulations in a Photoreal/Live Action Feature Motion Picture

X-Men: Days of Future Past; Quicksilver Pentagon Kitchen
Adam Paschke
Premamurti Paetsch
Sam Hancock
Timmy Lundin

Since the first VES Awards were handed out in 2002, the winner of the top category has gone on to win the visual effects Oscar nine of the past 12 times.

Two of the most pretentiously named awards I've ever heard of :funny:

Props to the team for the QS scene though, deserve recognition

I've always loved Singers approach to VFX focus on one or two scenes and make them look mind-blowing rather than make the whole film riddled with great, good to mediocre effects. Then use mostly practical ones throughout.

There is only so much you can use the slow aging thing for certain mutants before it just becomes an excuse

^^ I knew they would have a load of fun with Days of future past :awesome:

Last edited:
This series is so damn good.

I have a question, since I can't seem to find either X-Men movies on netflix (only have streaming), and neither are at the library, but I can find the Days of Futures Past at a redbox, should I rent the redbox Xmen2 or do I need to watch the first one first? Does the second one sum up some of what happened in the first one, or is it that big of a deal?

X2 can stand on its own.

Some people think X1's effects are very outdated, but it has a beautiful story. So if you can bear through the visuals, you should watch X1 & X2. Those are by far the best in the franchise with Days of Future Past (and maybe The Wolverine and First Class, but I there are too many issues with the latter). So I'd recommend X1 and X2.

Some may also discourage you from watching X3, but watching that one will let you appreciate DOFP even more. You will understand :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"