Days of Future Past Days of Future Past SPOILERS! (You have been warned!) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durand would be fantastic.

But if they were to cast someone like Bardem or Durand, the Black Blogs will be enraged that a black man wasn't cast as Apocalypse because he's Egyptian.

Hopefully he looks enough like his comic counterpart that it really doesn't matter who gets cast looks wise.

Durand would be fantastic.

But if they were to cast someone like Bardem or Durand, the Black Blogs will be enraged that a black man wasn't cast as Apocalypse because he's Egyptian.

I couldn't care less, Durand is a good actor and he has the stature to pull it off. Plus he has Gray skin and Blue lips, race is not a factor or issue at all.

DoFP fixed something for me that was present in FC. There is no way on this earth that the Raven who grew up with Charles as his sister would be willing to harm Charles in the manner she does in X1 (poisoning Cerebro) but the Raven presented in DoFP absolutely would resort to that. A complete character change brought on by the deaths of her friends.

Loved this movie.

Some observations.

The defence department seem to not back the Sentinel program, so the Sentinel MKIs never go into production that is why we never see them in the original trilogy. What happens/happened is Mystique Kills Trask and they use her DNA to make the MKX sentinels years later.

So the "why no Sentinels during the OT?" Isn't an issue. We see at the end of the Wolverine that the development of the MKX Sentinel program is completed and ready to deploy.

In Origins Logan is recruited by Stryker in Vietnam and in this Logan isn't in Vietnam so that's a continuity error I think

This isn't a continuity error but we never really find out what had Xavier come out of his funk without Logan's Time interference.

So who you guys think should play Apocalypse?

I'm sticking with my suggestion of Javier Bardem

I don't have any good suggestions, but hiring a Spanish actor to play an ancient Egyptian seems a little weird to me especially since his accent is still rather thick.

The only thing I am bothered about is an imposing deep voice and I cant think who I want for that. I cannot get "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you" out of my head...

I couldn't care less, Durand is a good actor and he has the stature to pull it off. Plus he has Gray skin and Blue lips, race is not a factor or issue at all.

I'm not sure how much stature is gonna matter because I can't imagine them pulling this off without a mocap performance.

I'm not sure how much stature is gonna matter because I can't imagine them pulling this off without a mocap performance.

I also think Apocalypse will be done via MoCap. At least, if they're planning on making him as imposing as the comic version. I honestly think voice is more important for Apocalypse.

The only thing I am bothered about is an imposing deep voice and I cant think who I want for that. I cannot get "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you" out of my head...

I have the damn voice of the '90's cartoon engrained into my vision of the character now.

I also think Apocalypse will be done via MoCap. At least, if they're planning on making him as imposing as the comic version. I honestly think voice is more important for Apocalypse.

I absolutely agree, and I can't come up with any good ideas. I'm waiting on suggestions to start being thrown around. We need something as memorable as James Earl Jones with Vader.

I absolutely agree, and I can't come up with any good ideas. I'm waiting on suggestions to start being thrown around. We need something as memorable as James Earl Jones with Vader.

I currently have no ideas, either. I'm sure until he is cast, we will get the usual suspects of fan casting (Benedict Cumberbatch, etc). But, I'm excited to see who they get. They need someone who is going to nail this!

Then why not get James Earl Jones... it makes sense to me. He can do other imposing voices than Vader :D that is a good Idea actually.

The problem with that is I'd only hear Vader.

I guess but if I close my eyes and hear him say "I am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be broken" he is perfect. Make it happen Singer! haha

I like the Durand idea. I REALLY like Christopher Judge. Dude really looks the part

Right because that is his only role.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is the same series and franchise. Doesn't work.

Its like the people wanting Emma Stone to be cast as Mary Jane.

Its like if Taylor Kitsch was cast as cannonball or someone.
or Danny Huston as Mr Sinister.

Or Kelly Hu cast as Psylocke or something like that.

Its distracting and just silly. There are plenty of other people cut out to play apocalypse, and we DO NOT know the directors or writers vision for apocalypse yet, so fan casting goes absolutely no where and sets up certain expectations.

I currently have no ideas, either. I'm sure until he is cast, we will get the usual suspects of fan casting (Benedict Cumberbatch, etc). But, I'm excited to see who they get. They need someone who is going to nail this!

I honestly wish they'd cast Cumberpatch in something just so his name would stop coming up.

Benedict Cumberbatch is my second favorite voice next to James Spader

Does anyone possibly believe that the 4 Horsemen of Apocalypse in the next film could be Emma, Banshee, Azazel and Angel? I feel like having Apocalypse go around and possess 4 mutants to be his horsemen on film could be time consuming and DOFP had enough cut as is, so maybe using these four as our Horsemen could be interesting/convenient since they're familiar characters. I also feel like they were going to play up the Mystique/Azazel/Nightcrawler thing but that was left on the cutting room floor in DOFP, and this might be a pretty good way to see that relationship unfold since it was a bit neglected (although slightly hinted at) in the film.

Those four could fit for the roles. TBH, the coolest and badassest Horsemen i ever saw were the ones from AOA, Holocaust, Sinister, Abyss, and Rasputin. I liked that they were not mounting flying metallic horse like creatures, something which i find kinda silly.

I dislike cumberbish so no thanks on him playing apoc, and puh-lease apocalypse is grey-blue don't think anyone will notice if he's played by a black actor.

Those four could fit for the roles. TBH, the coolest and badassest Horsemen i ever saw were the ones from AOA, Holocaust, Sinister, Abyss, and Rasputin. I liked that they were not mounting flying metallic horse like creatures, something which i find kinda silly.

I am personally hoping that the horseman end up being Sinister, Holocaust, Abyss, and Wolverine. I think it'd be a good way of showing Wolverine doing something new, introducing Sinister for any future appearances he may have (including X-Force or something), and Abyss and Holocaust are just favorites of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"