Days of Future Past Days of Future Past SPOILERS! (You have been warned!) - Part 3

I think a very underrated scene in the film was when Wolverine wakes up in his old body and he fight the three body guards, I think they were body guards. The fight is the most vicious Wolverine fight in the series.

IDK, his rampage through the X-Mansion in X2 seemed more badass to me. Those were highly-trained and experienced special forces operatives. These were mob thugs.

IDK, his rampage through the X-Mansion in X2 seemed more badass to me. Those were highly-trained and experienced special forces operatives. These were mob thugs.

What I mean is the way the scene was directed. It seemed like no holds barred Wolverine. If I'm not mistaken there's even a bit a blood involved in the scene

I think a very underrated scene in the film was when Wolverine wakes up in his old body and he fight the three body guards, I think they were body guards. The fight is the most vicious Wolverine fight in the series.

Its not the most vicious, anything in The Wolverine(especially uncut) is better, but the wake up scene is def one of, if not my Fav scene in DOFP :up:

It was pure wolvie from start to finish, his characterization was spot on and never better. Just wish he had fresh action with adamantium under Singers direction!

Its not the most vicious, anything in The Wolverine(especially uncut) is better, but the wake up scene is def one of, if not my Fav scene in DOFP :up:

It was pure wolvie from start to finish, his characterization was spot on and never better. Just wish he had fresh action with adamantium under Singers direction!

whats the uncut version of wolverine like?

Basically it's the R-rated version that they wanted to make, but had to cut down. It's more bloody and hardcore and the ninja fight in the village is longer.

It's Awesomer, lol. I love The Wolverine, its still the best representation of Wolvie so far. Singer had a lot to live up to, but didn't give Wolvie as much action this time around. Thats totally understandable since he was fresh off his own movie. Maybe next time! I want to see Singer top his Mansion raid/70's wake up scene.

It's Awesomer, lol. I love The Wolverine, its still the best representation of Wolvie so far. Singer had a lot to live up to, but didn't give Wolvie as much action this time around. Thats totally understandable since he was fresh off his own movie. Maybe next time! I want to see Singer top his Mansion raid/70's wake up scene.

I have the regular version of Wolverine on dvd, I'm so going to get the uncut version.

I have the regular version of Wolverine on dvd, I'm so going to get the uncut version.

I recommend it. Also a couple scenes that deepen the story in there. Funeral+Love Hotel fights have some extra touches too, but the ninja fight is the only one significantly longer and now feels more whole.

In DOFP, was that trailer shot where Wolverine stabs that guy in the neck/upper back cut? I think I didn't see it. They probably pushed that annoying PG13-rating to max and couldn't afford that anymore.

Basically it's the R-rated version that they wanted to make, but had to cut down. It's more bloody and hardcore and the ninja fight in the village is longer.

Yeah like Loki said the ninja fight is very bloody. And if I remember correctly, Especially when
Yukio runs over one of the ninjas with this giant drivable snow blower and it grinds him up spewing out blood.
:woot:

I recommend it. Also a couple scenes that deepen the story in there. Funeral+Love Hotel fights have some extra touches too, but the ninja fight is the only one significantly longer and now feels more whole.

In DOFP, was that trailer shot where Wolverine stabs that guy in the neck/upper back cut? I think I didn't see it. They probably pushed that annoying PG13-rating to max and couldn't afford that anymore.

I believe they cut to a closeup to Wolverine performing the stab right before we got to see the full thing like the trailer so it was probably a rating thing. Kind of like how they spliced in a closeup of bobby when Wolverine stabbing the soldier in X2 because Wolverine screaming in the soldier's face that long felt more brutal and closer to the R rating. Funny enough that's still my favorite Wolverine kill in the series.

Again, Silverfox would be the same age as Scott, not 70 years old. I dont see how one can confuse that with Frost from First Class when he made sure to specify which Emma

Are you joking or what ?! Kayla and Scott are the same age ? :o Go re-watch Origins, scott is a teen, silverfox is an adult

Are you joking or what ?! Kayla and Scott are the same age ? :o Go re-watch Origins, scott is a teen, silverfox is an adult

Good lord, why don't you try reading the entire message before you post. I don't know if serious or just trolling now

Officially released hi-def pic of young Apocalypse.

Eat it, haters. :storm: :awesome:

Honestly, much as I loved the cameos of older Beast, Cyclops, and Jean at the end and seeing Wolverine wake up in a utopian future, I think that whole coda should have been dropped in favour of the 1970s-characters remarking that they are now in control of this new timeline. Seeing a "good future" means that, whatever happens in the sequels that aren't set in or after that future, we're guaranteed to have a future where all your favourite characters are alive and everything's fine, which kinda ruins the dramatic impact of any First Class-related sequels.

Apparently Singer talked to Cameron about time lines and futures and stuff, but he probably should have also thought about the ending of Back to the Future Part III for the final shot of the film, which again suggests that the future isn't written and can be changed through free will, the choices we make, and obviously having knowledge of the future (Cameron did enforce this in his Terminator movies, but the series eventually settled on "the future is inevitable"). Time travel doesn't have to be complicated, but this film did complicate it a bit, if only because the X-Men franchise is hardly in love with continuity at the best of times.

Interested to see how they resolve these lingering issues or if they'll just ignore it, like how Wolverine got his metal claws back in the dysoptian future and, most glaring, how the hell Xavier is still alive (sure, we all saw the post-credits scene in X-Men: The Last Stand but that really didn't explain much and they've just seemingly gone "he's alive, accept it" which bugs me).

Honestly, much as I loved the cameos of older Beast, Cyclops, and Jean at the end and seeing Wolverine wake up in a utopian future, I think that whole coda should have been dropped in favour of the 1970s-characters remarking that they are now in control of this new timeline. Seeing a "good future" means that, whatever happens in the sequels that aren't set in or after that future, we're guaranteed to have a future where all your favourite characters are alive and everything's fine, which kinda ruins the dramatic impact of any First Class-related sequels.

Apparently Singer talked to Cameron about time lines and futures and stuff, but he probably should have also thought about the ending of Back to the Future Part III for the final shot of the film, which again suggests that the future isn't written and can be changed through free will, the choices we make, and obviously having knowledge of the future (Cameron did enforce this in his Terminator movies, but the series eventually settled on "the future is inevitable"). Time travel doesn't have to be complicated, but this film did complicate it a bit, if only because the X-Men franchise is hardly in love with continuity at the best of times.

Interested to see how they resolve these lingering issues or if they'll just ignore it, like how Wolverine got his metal claws back in the dysoptian future and, most glaring, how the hell Xavier is still alive (sure, we all saw the post-credits scene in X-Men: The Last Stand but that really didn't explain much and they've just seemingly gone "he's alive, accept it" which bugs me).

Because they want to have it both ways. With fact the non-FC films now didn't happen as far as being in Contunity from now on I felt the ending was pointless except to pander to those who want trilogy or at very least X-Men and X2 to matter.But,if none of their films happened now why should anyone care about seeing them.

Famke seems to have done a mini junket for her role in DOFP (she's discussing it now, so I guess it's no longer a secret):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn5z35V9Tf4

She also discussed Jean's future and seems to hint that we may be seeing more of future Jean Grey (though she's very cryptic and it's hard to understand what she's saying exactly ha).

Since it was junket, you'll be able to find a number of interviews with Famke (and I'm guessing maybe James?) with different interviewers.

Last edited:
I thought the boy with the white hair searching through the rubble was either Cable or Nate Grey :huh:

he had nate grey's hair alright... but there's no way that would have made any sense considering his parents were dead in the 2023 gloomy future... and in the 2023 happy future (he appeared in both) he was a student.

it could have been just a nod, but totally not actually the character.

he had nate grey's hair alright... but there's no way that would have made any sense considering his parents were dead in the 2023 gloomy future... and in the 2023 happy future (he appeared in both) he was a student.

it could have been just a nod, but totally not actually the character.

Nate and Cable had the same exact hair. Theres no way to tell who that was supposed to be

FYI, Nate was born in a test tube. Neither of his parents need to be alive for him to be born so if that was him, it isn't illogical that he would exhibit even with them long gone

Nate and Cable had the same exact hair. Theres no way to tell who that was supposed to be

FYI, Nate was born in a test tube. Neither of his parents need to be alive for him to be born so if that was him, it isn't illogical that he would exhibit even with them long gone

How do they have the same hair? Cable's is pure white, and Nate's is brown with a white patch. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"