Days of Future Past Days of Future Past SPOILERS! (You have been warned!) - Part 3

How do they have the same hair? Cable's is pure white, and Nate's is brown with a white patch. :confused:
Um no.

ask2pg01qh1.jpg

298286-1359224_nate_1_super.jpg

The image on the top is Cable and the second one is Nate Grey. They have the same exact hair, which makes sense since Nate is a younger counterpart to Cable.

"Interview Today! Lauren Shuler Donner talks Gambit - Beyond The Trailer"

[YT]xRwecfC0nN4[/YT]

You know, I've seen one group say that they thought Mystique's journey in this film was the heart of it, while another group has said that it was Charles's arc that was the heart and soul of it. Who do you guys think the film's main emphasis was between the two?

The battle over mystique's soul for me.

Charles emotionally, Mystique more plot-wise. Both had important roles. If I had to choose, Charles.

Charles' journey to becoming the Professor. It was his story from start to finish, overcoming everything he had lost and trying to regain his soul

I think Charles. Wolverine had to get him on side first before anything else could happen.

Charles' journey to becoming the Professor. It was his story from start to finish, overcoming everything he had lost and trying to regain his soul

Yeah pretty much what the makers have eluded to in all the interviews so I guess that makes sense, its Xaviers journey from being Charles to Prof X.

Its just Mystique is quite a big sub-plot with her being in the middle of Charles and Erik struggle.

But I see that more as Charles regaining what he had lost. A big part of his hurting was that Raven had left him, and by the end he sees hope in her again, and in Erik eventually

the last movie did that though. We already saw his journey to become the Professor. This movie undid that and started backwards, making it seem like a retread in this regard

How so? He was the party boy in fc, I saw no prof x from the ot there, well he was in a wheel chair by the end but that's about it.

the last movie did that though. We already saw his journey to become the Professor. This movie undid that and started backwards, making it seem like a retread in this regard

Not really... rewatch first class... xaviers not as wise as you may think. Hes a young naive and somewhat unrealistic person. Not the logical man we see at the end of dofp.

He really couldnt and didnt understand how mystique felt. And he had quite alot of learning to do imo. I dont think they regressed him just made him more human

Exactly, he was in denial about humans until erik snaps some sense into him.

Not really... rewatch first class... xaviers not as wise as you may think. Hes a young naive and somewhat unrealistic person. Not the logical man we see at the end of dofp.

He really couldnt and didnt understand how mystique felt. And he had quite alot of learning to do imo. I dont think they regressed him just made him more human

Exactly! Plus at the end of First Class, he sort of was just dumped in the chair after losing his legs and in this film he has to learn to accept the chair.

Plus, like Hank said in the film, Charles opened the school after First Class but a lot of the teachers and students were drafted for Vietnam so it broke Charles and add that to losing his legs, losing his (presumed) best friend Erik and losing his sort of sister Raven, Charles would be a broken man and far from the wise Patrick Stewart character we all know and love.

That's why he uses Hank's serum, for therapy to cope with the pain because he's lost so much and doesn't want to hear the voices in his head anymore. So I don't think it's a retread of First Class at all.

Last edited:
My friend joked that they killed off Angel Salvadore so that they could cast Zoe Kravitz in a different role which is a younger Storm in Apocalypse.

To be honest, Zoe's film presence bothered me more than Emma's. Haha.

How so? He was the party boy in fc, I saw no prof x from the ot there, well he was in a wheel chair by the end but that's about it.

FC was his origin story and we saw him grow and mature as he assembled his first group of students. The events of the movie end with setting him on the course to eventually be the man we would know in the future. In the interim between FC and this, he had formally opened up the school to more mutants and had become a teacher to gifted youngsters . He was officially being called Professor. This was all explained by Young Beast and we even saw flashbacks. What this movie was undid all of that to reboot the status quo to get him to where he was before all of that and redo setting him back up to reopen the school, gain more students and become Professor. He had already done that!

When FC ended, did you or anyone else REALLY feel "oh I wonder how he becomes the Professor of the school, that we'd know decades into the future?" FC set things up perfectly and told a good origin story, which I felt was pretty clear. There really wasn't anything that needed to be expanded upon.

Last edited:
FC was his origin story and we saw him grow and mature as he assembled his first group of students. The events of the movie end with setting him on the course to eventually be the man we would know in the future. In the interim between FC and this, he had formally opened up the school to more mutants and had become a teacher to gifted youngsters . He was officially being called Professor. This was all explained by Young Beast and we even saw flashbacks. What this movie was undid all of that to reboot the status quo to get him to where he was before all of that and redo setting him back up to reopen the school, gain more students and become Professor. He had already done that!

When FC ended, did you or anyone else REALLY feel "oh I wonder how he becomes the Professor of the school, that we'd know decades into the future?" FC set things up perfectly and told a good origin story, which I felt was pretty clear. There really wasn't anything that needed to be expanded upon.

All very true, but you're forgetting the part about "just because someone stumbles doesn't mean they're lost forever" stuff that old prof. X told youn prof. X.

Second chances is the theme of the film. That's why we rehashed ground. The prof. X from FC was on the way to being the prof. X of the future, but he stumbled. And had to pick himself up.

It wasn't necessary, no, but it was good and gave prof. X some depth. I personally like the fact that his path wasn't smooth, as nobody's path ever is.

Still need to know how he becomes bald though ;)

You know, I've seen one group say that they thought Mystique's journey in this film was the heart of it, while another group has said that it was Charles's arc that was the heart and soul of it. Who do you guys think the film's main emphasis was between the two?

Charles' character arc was better developed and more compelling.

Charles' saved himself, Mystique, and the future.

Mystique was a pawn being pulled by two sides.

Zoe Kravitz would be an even more inappropriate choice for Storm than Berry.

My friend joked that they killed off Angel Salvadore so that they could cast Zoe Kravitz in a different role which is a younger Storm in Apocalypse.

To be honest, Zoe's film presence bothered me more than Emma's. Haha.

Don't even put that into the universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"