DC plans to kill Batman

K.B.

Sidekick
Reaction score
Yup long rumored for months and recently talked about in a few LITG columns including this piece in todays..

dot.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]THE DEATH OF A BAT[/FONT]
litg_yl.gif
In June/July, DC are killing off Batman. Or rather, Bruce Wayne. Robin will inherit the Batman cowl. One of the Robins anyway. Tim Drake. Jason Todd. Or possibly Red Hood. Hey, maybe Jean-Paul Valley, it has been ten years since Azrael.
Either way, the book will relaunch with a nice shiny #1.
Yes, didn't Captain America miss a trick there? I'm sure Marvel will do the same come 2009.
And what of Batwoman? Well, I'm told the launch of the Rucka/Williams series has been pushed back yet again because of the movie, and fears of "unacceptable media coverage." I'm told four issues are fully completed. Apparently it's okay for Batman to be dead, and a new character take his place when there's a movie out. But not for Batwoman to be a lesbian. At least wait till it's gone to DVD for that brunette bombshell. I'm reminded of the Warner Bros executive instruction to Grant Morrison and Dave McKean over "Arkham Asylum," that the Joker not be seen dressing up as Madonna in case the cinema audience believed that meant Jack Nicholson was a transvestite.
[/FONT]

no link, no real...plus, I really dont think DC would be stupid enough to kill off one of it's two most popular characters right when he has a new movie coming out...and the fact that Robin is way too young to be Batman.

no link, no real...plus, I really dont think DC would be stupid enough to kill off one of it's two most popular characters right when he has a new movie coming out...and the fact that Robin is way too young to be Batman.
LITG has been right alot of times, and it didn't say Tim Drake it said one of the robins. Which means Tim, Dick, or even Jason could be Batman.

if it happens, I'll drop...oh wait, I already dropped Batman becasue of the terrible writing...well, I'll drop Detective and Confidential too :o

Its not like it matters. If they kill off batman they could just bring him back, with either one of Ras pits, or bring him from one of the 52 worlds. Of course if there still around after the event.

Pretty much every DC hero/villain has died and returned in some way or another. I really don't give a **** anymore.

It's totally believeable especially since this isn't the first time it's been mentioned since Infinite Crisis screwd the DCU 52 new holes.

There have been rumors about this all over the place. Frankly, with the time frame you gave I don't think so.

Just as the other guy said, do you really think DC would kill off Batman just before TDK? I think not sir!

Besides, the relaunch of issue #1 is a dead giveaway.

Killing off superheroes is actually a great way to get people's attention. Offing Batman would be pretty big news and will no doubt increase awareness for TDK.

Doesn't mean you should do it, but I'm just saying. Just bring him back to life again, DC. :o

Lame lame lame. :down

Everyone knows killing him would just be a publicity stunt, but it's made even more cheap by coming right along with TDK. And we also know he'll come back, which takes away from the realism/humanity of Bats.

Lame lame lame. :down

They won't do it. At least, not truly permanently.

And remember the Clone Saga for Spidey? If another Bruce from another world came to replace "our" Bruce, people would be hella pissed. It'd be just like finding out the Peter we read about for 20+ years was really a clone. :rolleyes:

Wow... I love Bats but I don't read DC books and if this turns out to be true then I never will. Which is funny, with the anticipation of TDK I was thinking of picking up a Batman book. Now I'm not so sure.

Would they really do this in light of the fact that Marvel just killed Cap and plans on replacing him?

DC seems to be pretty screwed up, awhile back I read a Wizard article about this 52 business and it sounds really confusing. Anyone know where I might read a summary of the 52/ Infinite Crises or whatever Crises? Wikipedia I guess?

Trust me, even the people who have read 52 and Infinite Crisis still have no idea what happened. :o

And why would Batman's death stop you from picking up his books?

It's funny how people say DC would never do it. This is the same company that killed off Superman who is literally their number 1 character.

Wow... I love Bats but I don't read DC books and if this turns out to be true then I never will. Which is funny, with the anticipation of TDK I was thinking of picking up a Batman book. Now I'm not so sure.

Would they really do this in light of the fact that Marvel just killed Cap and plans on replacing him?

DC seems to be pretty screwed up, awhile back I read a Wizard article about this 52 business and it sounds really confusing. Anyone know where I might read a summary of the 52/ Infinite Crises or whatever Crises? Wikipedia I guess?

Stay away from Wikipedia. What do you want to know?

They ****ed up bane in Infinite Crisis.

Yeah, what the hell did they do him? Is he not even the same guy?

It's funny how people say DC would never do it. This is the same company that killed off Superman who is literally their number 1 character.

That was a long time coming and there were ways to fix it. Batman is human. Anyway they bring him back would be stupid.

So Batman is going to bite the big one ... again? That's fine with me. Why? Mainly because I dont expect the said "death" to be that much more permanent than Bats being killed by Galvin in Detective #644.

I'd bet Judd Winick is behind this whole thing....

DAMN YOU JUDD WINICH!!!, DAMN YOU GOOD!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"