DC plans to kill Batman

IF DC does this, and that's a HUGE if (I don't believe they'll really kill him) I think something would happen along the lines of Bruce faking his own death. Maybe someone close to him is murdered (Alfred?) and he has to go into the underbelly of Gotham to find out who. He can't do it as Bruce Wayne, and he can't do it as Batman...he has to "become" one of them to get to the bottom of it. How can he give up both Batman and Bruce Wayne? Simple, fake your death as Bruce Wayne, Maybe a plane crash in the middle of the ocean. I'm sure that Dick would take up the mantle in that case, if need be. Maybe have it play out for a year. About a year later after Bruce has found out who the person is and gets the evidence, he could suddenly be found on an island somewhere. ( Set up by him and Dick ) Maybe even throw in Superman to help out with a few issues and everything is good to go.

It would have to be the murder of someone close to Bruce though and something that would make him go this route....sadly, the only person I can really think of is Alfred...but who would murder Alfred?

Eh, just a thought...and that's only if DC goes with "Death of Bruce Wayne" crap...which I doubt.

Even if Batman dies, he'll always be around. We all know that. He's the flagship character of DC.

I'm for it.

It's funny how people say DC would never do it. This is the same company that killed off Superman who is literally their number 1 character.
That was an entirely different situation brought on by a huge sales slump and general disinterest that was going on in comics at the time.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how long you've followed fandom online, but this isn't the first time the rumor mill has started reporting Batman's death. It's not even the first time they've rumored Batman dying admist a Crisis. Back in 2005, in the lead up to "Infinite Crisis" almost every major comic news network reported the death...or at least replacement of Batman. They even foreshadowed it in the comics themselves. They super-imposed the bat symbol onto the Spectre, brought back Jason Todd who claimed "I can do this better than you can", even went so far as to have Bruce crying on his hands and knees saying "I can't...I can't do this anymore, I want to start over" (And then went on to tell Superman 2 how much better Dick was than he himself).

Guess what? they didn't kill him off. Not the first ten times they promised, swore on a stack of Bibles and foreshadowed it did they do it and they won't do it now.

yes it does, hence Jason Todd. That was what one of the emo-punches changed.

really? i thought jason todd being alive was just because of the emo punches....and not because emo punches made lazarus pit work on dead people. damn, i need to remember things better....

So I guess what I'm wondering from all this is, are the Batman comics worth reading? With all the rumors and things I hear about the Infinite Crises, seems like some of the same reasons I might drop Amazing Spidey.

What with all the sensational changes just to sell books and such.

The Batman comics, currently, are in a far better place than the Spidey books, in my oppinion.

I don't buy it either...not so close to the 2nd Batman Movie release. It would be Moronic on DC's part.:whatever:

If it did turn out to be true...I would drop ALL My Batman Book's emediately...and not buy another, until Bruce Wayne returned!:cmad:

That was an entirely different situation brought on by a huge sales slump and general disinterest that was going on in comics at the time.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how long you've followed fandom online, but this isn't the first time the rumor mill has started reporting Batman's death. It's not even the first time they've rumored Batman dying admist a Crisis. Back in 2005, in the lead up to "Infinite Crisis" almost every major comic news network reported the death...or at least replacement of Batman. They even foreshadowed it in the comics themselves. They super-imposed the bat symbol onto the Spectre, brought back Jason Todd who claimed "I can do this better than you can", even went so far as to have Bruce crying on his hands and knees saying "I can't...I can't do this anymore, I want to start over" (And then went on to tell Superman 2 how much better Dick was than he himself).

Guess what? they didn't kill him off. Not the first ten times they promised, swore on a stack of Bibles and foreshadowed it did they do it and they won't do it now.

There you have it! :woot:

I doubt it'll ever happen. If it does, you can say I told you so.

really? i thought jason todd being alive was just because of the emo punches....and not because emo punches made lazarus pit work on dead people. damn, i need to remember things better....

honestly, who the f**k even knows? IC with it's emo punches and all that crap is still so confusing I dont even think DC knows what's going on half the time now...

lazarus pit doesnt work on the dead.

First ....they have always worked on the dead.......the recently dead anyway.But besides that didnt Ras's daughter Nyssa find a way to modify the pits so that they last indefinitely and work better on the dead?????

The emo punch brought him back to life.....but he seemed to be mentally damaged by having to dig himself out of his grave the pit healed him from that.

I hope that it won't. Bruce is such a complex character and so fun to read about...I don't want them ruining that!

"haven't they just "relaunched" the Batman character with the whole One Year Later-thing? Killing him off is just stupid, Batman is one of the only truly mortal superheroes, what makes him so great is him surviving everything when he really shouldn't, he's the REAL superman!

I hope that it won't. Bruce is such a complex character and so fun to read about...I don't want them ruining that!

Thank you! I was starting to think that I was the only person here who knows this.

"haven't they just "relaunched" the Batman character with the whole One Year Later-thing? Killing him off is just stupid, Batman is one of the only truly mortal superheroes, what makes him so great is him surviving everything when he really shouldn't, he's the REAL superman!

Once again thank you! :woot:

lol, I'd rather it be Alfred then Bruce. :p

That being said I don't want DC to off either of them.

They won't kill batman. The dark knight will be coming out this summer, you think DC comics is stupid enough to kill off the bat? when a film is going to come out. The dark knight film is also served as propaganda in other words TDK will make some audiences go out and buy a batman comic. Even if they do dare kill him off, he will be back by summer 08 on screen and in papers :)

They won't kill batman. The dark knight will be coming out this summer, you think DC comics is stupid enough to kill off the bat? when a film is going to come out. The dark knight film is also served as propaganda in other words TDK will make some audiences go out and buy a batman comic. Even if they do dare kill him off, he will be back by summer 08 on screen and in papers :)

Marvel did the stupid thing of killing off Capt. America who has a film coming out. Then again, at this rate, it probably won't hit theatres until 2019.

I think killing off any iconic character is pretty much a mistake in comics, unless there is a real reason for it. Boosting sales should never be the reason. However, they all come back to life in some way anyway.. so whatever.

Marvel did the stupid thing of killing off Capt. America who has a film coming out. Then again, at this rate, it probably won't hit theatres until 2019.

I think killing off any iconic character is pretty much a mistake in comics, unless there is a real reason for it. Boosting sales should never be the reason. However, they all come back to life in some way anyway.. so whatever.
True

What's is this now... like their 20th time "Killing" him? Good Grief. :whatever:

I know the current editors and writers of DC right now are total bone heads (yeah 'm talking about you, Dan Diddo and that idiot Mark Waid who wanted to "lighten up" Batman) Batman is a CASH COW and they won't let his death be permenant.

This is just another temporary publicity stunt!

Old gimmick, been done PLENTY of times before...

batman245.gif

batman_242_45.jpg

What's is this now... like their 20th time "Killing" him? Good Grief. :whatever:

I know the current editors and writers of DC right now are total bone heads (yeah 'm talking about you, Dan Diddo and that idiot Mark Waid who wanted to "lighten up" Batman) Batman is a CASH COW and they won't let his death be permenant.

This is just another temporary publicity stunt!

Old gimmick, been done PLENTY of times before...

batman245.gif

batman_242_45.jpg
Yeah but those are a little more gimmicky than killing off Batman and replacing him with another character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"