DC September 2006 Solicitations.

Please for the love of God, be Wally and Linda on that cover! :(

SonOfCthulhu said:
Does this look slightly suggestive to anyone else?

Supergirl_LegionOfSuperheroesTP.jpg

Sorry, but to me this just screams streetwalker. I'm not sure why anyone would want to draw Supergirl like she is some hooker on the corner waiting waiting for johns to stroll by. Bad cover choice IMHO

SonOfCthulhu said:
Sorry, but to me this just screams streetwalker. I'm not sure why anyone would want to draw Supergirl like she is some hooker on the corner waiting waiting for johns to stroll by. Bad cover choice IMHO
I think that says more about you than the cover, actually...

CHECKMATE #6
Writtenby Greg Rucka, Nunzio DeFilippis & Christina Weir
Art and cover by Jesus Saiz
The return of SUICIDE SQUAD! Rucka teams up with co-writers DeFilippis and Weir (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN) for a 2-part thriller that puts Amanda Waller’s pet project back in action with a CHECKMATE twist!
On sale September 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

---

WEEK 21: "No disrespect, Raven, but we’re as much Infinity Inc. as you are Titans. Neither team is the same one it used to be." Special full-length story!

Hell ****ing yes. The return of my two favourite superteams! :D

TRIALS OF SHAZAM #2
Writtenby Judd Winick
Art and cover by Howard Porter
Enter Freddie Freeman — left powerless by the events of DAY OF JUDGMENT and BRAVE NEW WORLD — who finds his life outside of being Captain Marvel Junior in even worse shape. The good news: Freddie is given the opportunity to regain his abilities…if he can pass a few tests administered by the gods themselves. The bad news is he has to earn each and every ability from scratch!
On sale September 27 • 2 of 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Go Freddie Go!

THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN: THE BLACK DOSSIER HC
Writtenby Alan Moore
Art and cover by Kevin O’Neill
Acclaimed writer Alan Moore once again joins forces with artist Kevin O’Neill for THE BLACK DOSSIER — a stunning original hardcover graphic novel that is the next chapter in the fantastic saga of THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN!
England in the mid-1950s is not the same as it was. The powers that be have instituted some changes. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen have been disbanded and disavowed, and the country is under the control of an iron-fisted regime. Now, after many years, the still youthful Mina Murray and a rejuvenated Allan Quatermain return in search of some answers — answers that can only be found in a book buried deep in the vaults of their old headquarters — a book that holds the key to the hidden history of the League throughout the ages: The Black Dossier. As Allan and Mina delve into the details of their precursors, some dating back centuries, they must elude their dangerous pursuers who are hellbent on retrieving the lost manuscript…and ending the League once and for all.
THE BLACK DOSSIER is an elaborately designed, cutting-edge volume that includes a “Tijuana Bible” insert and a 3-D section complete with custom glasses, as well as additional text pieces, maps, and a stunning cutaway double-page spread of Captain Nemo's Nautilus submarine by Kevin O’Neill. Don’t miss what’s sure to be one of the most talked-about books of 2006!
Advance-solicited; on sale October 25 • 208 pg, FC, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS
About darn tooting time!

Darthphere said:
AquamanCv45.jpg

AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS #45
Writtenby Kurt Busiek
Art by Butch Guice & Tony DeZuñiga
Cover by Guice
Don’t miss the destructive and deadly climax of Aquaman’s first true test of heroism! He must take command in an all-out undersea war to defeat an enemy who nearly killed him, and embrace or reject his destiny. Plus, Aquaman discovers new powers, and secrets behind his alliance with King Shark are revealed!

cover kicks all sorts of arse. im really digging this aquaman,

TheCorpulent1 said:
I think that says more about you than the cover, actually...

If it says something about me, it also says something about the artist. I had to work at a bank in a really rotten neighborhood while I was in college. While driving through the hospital district going into work every day, I got to dodge a lot of hookers, bums and winos. Most of the working girls used that pose while waiting for johns.

SonOfCthulhu said:
If it says something about me, it also says something about the artist. I had to work at a bank in a really rotten neighborhood while I was in college. While driving through the hospital district going into work every day, I got to dodge a lot of hookers, bums and winos. Most of the working girls used that pose while waiting for johns.

Lay off the marijuana man.

SonOfCthulhu said:

She just looks like she's relaxing to me :confused:

OMG! I stood like that in line waiting for a movie, im a ****e!

They're doing a Ninja Scroll comic?! Hmm. A very kick ass anime if I do say...I may have to check out the comic to see what it's going to be like.

Though I buy far too many comics as it is right now...so I may wait. :o

Darthphere said:
Advance-solicited; on sale October 11 •168 pg, FC, $14.99 US

Checkmate6.jpg

CHECKMATE #6
Writtenby Greg Rucka, Nunzio DeFilippis & Christina Weir
Art and cover by Jesus Saiz
The return of SUICIDE SQUAD! Rucka teams up with co-writers DeFilippis and Weir (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN) for a 2-part thriller that puts Amanda Waller’s pet project back in action with a CHECKMATE twist!

didnt notice this before, but is the guy in the background roy?

SonOfCthulhu said:
So...eh...How much?

Remiscing about the times when you were going to work in that bank, eh?:up: No wonder you were always late.:D

GoldenAgeHero said:
cover kicks all sorts of arse. im really digging this aquaman,

I used to love Guice's art but I feel it has degraded somewhat. I love Aquaman, but that cover actually made me laugh since to me it looks like Aquaman tripped and is screaming because he's about to be trampled.:o:O But I have to agree that DC has a LOT of kick ass stuff for Sept. Suicide Squad? I'm SO there!!! I hope Atom Smasher gets some kind of mention, I don't care if it's just to say that he didn't fit into the team.

Darthphere said:
wildcatscv14qo.jpg

WILDCATS: WORLDSTORM #1
Writtenby Grant Morrison
Art and cover by Jim Lee & Scott Williams
Variant cover by A Todd McFarlane & Jim Lee
Variant cover B by Jim Lee
Jim Lee makes his triumphant return to Wildcats, and he’s bringing along an impressive new collaborator: superstar writer Grant Morrison! The man who redefined the JLA and Superman — and created groundbreaking works The Invisibles and WE3 — now brings his considerable talents to the Wildcats.
In the aftermath of the events in Captain Atom: ARMAGEDDON, the WildStorm Universe has undergone a shift that will affect characters big and small. This first issue will reintroduce the Wildcats you know and love — but how will they differ? Be here in September to see the star-studded premiere of the all-new, bimonthly WILDCATS! Retailers please note: This issue will
be available with two variant covers. Please see order form for details. For a signed edition please see the Dynamic Forces section of Previews.
On sale September 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Holy crap, I can't wait for that. :(

And I don't even know what WILDCATS is. :(

Should I be writing this down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"