DC to "Rebirth" in June - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need more Gary Frank in my life.

Separately, I'm catching up on Detective Comics. Just read the Victim Syndicate trade. Have they revealed yet who the First Victim is? If not, does it seem like they intend to? Or just let that mystery hang in the air?

Congratulations to Tom King. He has done with no DC villain has ever been able to do. He has killed Batman. What he did in this latest issue is unforgivable.

Batman fails. Lets a little boy be murdered. And instead of being overcome with grief and guilt, what does he do? He partners with the child's murderer and then stands beside him, while the murderer taunts the grieving father.

F@$?* you Batman. At this point, I'm going to try to pretend this entire run by Tom King is nothing more then an elseworlds tale.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Tom King. He has done with no DC villain has ever been able to do. He has killed Batman. What he did in this latest issue is unforgivable.

Batman fails. Lets a little boy be murdered. And instead of being overcome with grief and guilt, what does he do? He partners with the child's murderer and then stands beside him, while the murderer taunts the grieving father.

F@$?* you Batman. At this point, I'm going to try to pretend this entire run by Tom King is nothing more then an elseworlds tale.

Is that what happened? The entire issue confused the hell out of me, minus the taunting part.

While i'm sure we'll find out soon enough if this is the case, i'm fairly certain that's the whole point of this current story.

I haven't kept up, but if the content of that issue was half as intense as that post makes it sound, I have to imagine there would've been HydraCap-adjacent headlines about it, and I saw none.

To me, and from what I read about the plot of the last issue, it just screams of the outrage over Sansa and Arya turning against one another, while giving no thought to the idea that what we're seeing isn't the whole story.

Anyway, The Oz Effect kicks off tomorrow.
[YT]EXFDyzPcl0c[/YT]

It seems Oz's identity is revealed in Wednesday's Action Comics issue so watch out for those spoilers!

Just read the issue. The punch is taken out of it if you'd paid attention to certain things, but it reads fine. Will be interesting to see how they justify Oz's behaviour.

I enjoyed the art more than I thought I would, particularly this rendition of Metropolis.

Is that what happened? The entire issue confused the hell out of me, minus the taunting part.

Yeah, it was confusing somehow.
But not something new, just Tom King proving once again that he doesnt get Batman at all.
I have to read a interview or so from him, i have no idea what his base for Batman is supposed to be and who he thinks batman is etc.

I didn't read it as Batman watching Riddler gloat in some sort of negative way. Notice he seems to move closer at the end there. I read it as he showed up, unseen by the Riddler, hears Riddler confessing to murdering Kiteman's kid, and the scene cuts as he's moving in to deal with Riddler.

It seems Oz's identity is revealed in Wednesday's Action Comics issue so watch out for those spoilers!

Yeah...it's dumb. Granted, I need to see how it plays out. But, obviously he's not who he says he is, or its some sort of red herring. But even still, I feel it's dumb.

so Oz is

Jor-El

Holy ****!!! I know I didn't see that coming! :wow:

I didn't read it as Batman watching Riddler gloat in some sort of negative way. Notice he seems to move closer at the end there. I read it as he showed up, unseen by the Riddler, hears Riddler confessing to murdering Kiteman's kid, and the scene cuts as he's moving in to deal with Riddler.

Hope you're right. But it's no secret what Riddler did and yet he's working with Riddler. Maybe there's some redemption around the corner such as "Batman has been working with Kite Man all along as a double cross" but as a father of two young boys, I can say that this story killing Kite Man's child the way it did and having Batman fail the boy like he did (remember, he told Kite Man that the boy was all right and just had a cold. He failed to recognize that he'd been poisoned) made me physically ill.

Yeah...it's dumb. Granted, I need to see how it plays out. But, obviously he's not who he says he is, or its some sort of red herring. But even still, I feel it's dumb.

The reveal was a bit unimpressive and is an obvious red herring but I have to say that the story and art are really great imho.

Disappointing and underwhelming/predictable Oz reveal.

I like how people keep saying it was predictable. Wasn't everyone and their mother saying it would be Ozymandias?

It obviously isn't who they say it is. Because unless I missed something wouldn't he be
affected by the kryptonite?

And while we are on the subject: what was up with
John Corbin being tortured by ARGUS? And his death was pretty hard core

Yeah, I do hope there's maybe more to it. Solid issue overall, though.

I'm getting a real kick out of Metal so far.

I like how people keep saying it was predictable. Wasn't everyone and their mother saying it would be Ozymandias?

Actually yes, so i dont get it either why people acted like it was so predictable.
I didnt expect it to be "This" character, but i in general didnt wanted to throw any names out there.

Metal issue 2 was not bad i have to say...i already love the Batman who laughs so much...his design is so god damn cool.

Also its nice to have at least a okayish batman for once with Snyder.
King cant write one.

According to the leaked December solicitations, Christopher Priest will take over the JL book with artist Pete Woods! Also, Sam Humphries will switch over to Nightwing, [blackout]Booster[/blackout] will appear in Action Comics, a sequel to Batman/TMNT is announced and Dennis O'Neil will write a Batman story in the holiday special.

I love Pete Woods. Have since his pretty long stint on Robin with Chuck Dixon back in the day. Priest is hit or miss, but I'll give that JL book a shot.

According to the leaked December solicitations, Christopher Priest will take over the JL book with artist Pete Woods! Also, Sam Humphries will switch over to Nightwing

I've not read much Priest, but he'll be a welcome sight on Justice League. I don't dislike the current title as much as most do, but it's definitely grown stale.

And I'm excited about Humphries on Nightwing. He's a great writer who tends to really understand the characters he writes. The current run has been decent, but I'm getting pretty bored with it. I really liked the arc that felt like a follow-up to Morrison's Batman & Robin, but the rest has just been okay.

Okay, so is Christopher Priest doing Deathstroke and JL? And is it JL or JLA (two different books)? Point is, don't take Priest away from Deathstroke...that book is good.

Okay, so is Christopher Priest doing Deathstroke and JL? And is it JL or JLA (two different books)? Point is, don't take Priest away from Deathstroke...that book is good.
Definitely JL. Here's the solicit for the book:

USTICE LEAGUE #34
[(W) Christopher Priest (A) Pete Woods (CA) TBD]
"LOST" part one! When the Justice League is confronted by three concurrent threats, a sleep-deprived Batman makes a crucial error that causes an unthinkable-and potentially unforgivable-tragedy. Legendary Eisner Award-nominated writer Christopher Priest (Deathstroke) is joined by artist Pete Woods for a brand-new must-read Justice League story like you've never seen before!
RATED T

JUSTICE LEAGUE #35
[(W) Christopher Priest (A) Pete Woods (CA) TBD]
"LOST" part two! Still greatly affected by the shocking events of the previous issue, the Justice League attempts to regain its balance when an alien infestation threatens the Earth. But nothing can prepare them for an attack closer to home... one that will reveal devastating truths about the League itself!
RATED T

From what I saw from a DC editor on Twitter, Priest is still on Deathstroke as well.

Official press release and art...

A Watchtower Welcome: Priest & Woods Climb Aboard Justice League

DJx7FeCUQAAZ02o.jpg

DJx7FeCV4AE8APy.jpg

DJx7FeDVwAAsfds.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Humphries, Chang Take Over Nightwing

DJxzyV8XcAE8Fwo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"