DC Universe - Justice League vs. The Fatal Five (2019)

He's exec produced other recent movies.
When I say he's checked out, I mean his interest level in this isn't what it used to be.

Ah gotcha! He did really seem to enjoy his work on God’s & Monsters. Maybe this is another one that reinvigorated him.

Tbh were I him I think I’d have checked out too at this point. I don’t really know what else he can bring to the DC table at this point.

He's exec produced other recent movies.
When I say he's checked out, I mean his interest level in this isn't what it used to be.
I can see why you would say that as The Killing Joke and Batman and Harley Quinn were both disappointing imo. But based on the preview for this movie he seemed genuinely interested in exploring mental health regarding Starman and Jessica Cruz so it does me hope that we will could get a satisfying story from Timm. But we gotta wait and see.

Last edited:
Digital: March 30th 2019
4K/Blu-Ray: April 16th 2019

Special Features:
-Battling the Invisible Menace (Featurette)– This featurette will explore the nuanced hero as many characters must deal with the everyday feelings of anxiety, depression, and other incapacitating emotions that we all must battle and overcome.
-Justice League vs. Fatal Five: Unity of Hero (Featurette) – A look at how the pantheon of DC heroes has never been more diverse and inclusive, as writers and artists break boundaries and smash stereotypes.
-Audio Commentary – Bruce Timm, Sam Liu, Jim Krieg and Eric Carrasco share their thoughts and insights on Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.
-A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Batman: Hush – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
-Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League Dark – John Constantine leads a group of misfit characters that use magic to vanquish their opponents. This is the dark version of The Justice League taking on the malevolent forces that go beyond our plane of existence.
-Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League vs. Teen Titans – A glimpse into the characters known as the Teen Titans.
-From the DC Vault: Justice League Unlimited, “Far From Home”
-From the DC Vault: Legion of Superheroes, “Man of Tomorrow”

Running Time: 87 minutes.

14mg8yq.jpg

Classic Bruce Timm.

Quite hyped for this one. I would’ve preferred all the DCUAOM be in Timm’s designs and following the DCAU continuity. Aside from the ones that are direct adaptations.

They should ****ing abandon their current continuity, the fans haven’t really responded to it. Just look at the response to Hush being set in their continuity and style instead of making an attempt to look like the comic.

If they’re going to do a shared universe, just abandon the Bourassa designs and bring back the Timmverse. This universe pales in comparison

I've googled, but can't find an answer to this. Is the entire DCAU movie catalogue available in 1080p on DC's new streaming service? Thanks

Quite hyped for this one. I would’ve preferred all the DCUAOM be in Timm’s designs and following the DCAU continuity. Aside from the ones that are direct adaptations.

They should ****ing abandon their current continuity, the fans haven’t really responded to it. Just look at the response to Hush being set in their continuity and style instead of making an attempt to look like the comic.

If they’re going to do a shared universe, just abandon the Bourassa designs and bring back the Timmverse. This universe pales in comparison

No thank you. I grew up with the Timmverse and it's a huge part of my childhood, but those designs look petty dated. It'd be like DC going back to the Super Friends designs for the DCAU back in the 2000's. The DCAU was created over 20 years ago and ended almost 15 years ago, think it's time to move on, with the exception of a nostalgia based project here and there.

Right now the Bourassa designs/YJ animation looks modern, they should stick with that and do a better job of telling stories. The last few films have been huge step ups (Reign/Death/Hell to Pay/Judas Contract)...

They just had two major successes with their in universe continuity movies The death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen so why would they abandon it? Also despite what some fans moan about they’re not gonna abandon it anyway cause they sell fine.

Personally I prefer the DCAU's design over the New 52 movies and unlike Super Friends I still feel that chracters designs from the DCAU still look great in 2019 due to the trailer. Besides I doubt that WB will abandon the New 52 animation universe anytime soon as they have their own cult following and Bourassa's character design is still prevalent in stuff like Young Justice, so it isn't going away for a long time.

Last edited:
I prefer Phil Bourassa's design Myself!

Athou it must be animated as Great as Young Justice! There are times it feels animated poorly such as JL DOOM.

And I'm WAY MORE Excited for Batman HUSH than this Nostalgia induced JL vs F5.

I've soured on Bourassa big time. His designs have gotten worse and he's much too overexposed between Young Justice, CW Seed shows and the DTV's.

This is like a breath of fresh air. HUSH will have O'Mara mumbling all over the place so that already brings it down a few notches.

I just don’t know why O’Mara is their guy. He’s not a good Batman... sorry...

He's certainly the worst Andrea Romano ever hired/cast.

Kevin Conroy (Batman: TAS, DCAU, Various)

Jeremy Sisto (Justice League: The New Frontier)
Diedrich Bader (Batman: The Brave & The Bold)
William Baldwin (Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths)
Bruce Greenwood (Batman: Under the Red Hood)
Ben McKenzie (Batman: Year One)
Peter Weller (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
Anthony Ruivivar (Beware the Batman)

Jason O Mara (DCU/New 52 animated films)

Of course, O'Mara had to get the long term gig. He's not awful awful, he's just unremarkable and after 10 movies, he's not getting any better.

He's certainly the worst Andrea Romano ever hired/cast.

Kevin Conroy (Batman: TAS, DCAU, Various)

Jeremy Sisto (Justice League: The New Frontier)
Diedrich Bader (Batman: The Brave & The Bold)
William Baldwin (Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths)
Bruce Greenwood (Batman: Under the Red Hood)
Ben McKenzie (Batman: Year One)
Peter Weller (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)
Anthony Ruivivar (Beware the Batman)

Jason O Mara (DCU/New 52 animated films)

Of course, O'Mara had to get the long term gig. He's not awful awful, he's just unremarkable and after 10 movies, he's not getting any better.

I've actually grown to like O Mara. He's decent in the role.

The worst by far was Ben McKenzie. His line delivery was so flat.

I quite liked McKenzie. He made for an excellent Bruce Wayne and while his Batman wasn't perfect, it was effective for a novice Batman who was trying slightly too hard.

I get what they were going for.

These designs look too much like the angular Timmverse for my taste, but the story is intriguing. I'm excited to see that Jessica is getting a considerable slice of the story pie instead of there just being a GL turnstile.

I quite liked McKenzie. He made for an excellent Bruce Wayne and while his Batman wasn't perfect, it was effective for a novice Batman who was trying slightly too hard.

I get what they were going for.

totally agree. I thought it was good batman in his early career.

Every batman doesn't have to a be Kevin Conroy imitation

My god the feels...

DCAU is still the absolute best content DC has ever put out. And that includes the comics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"