Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 17: "Aruba"

That was excellent from start to finish. Caity Lotz delivered some of her best work ever in this episode.

ending reminded me of a doctor who episode where all era's of time were turning inward and colliding together

Please don't tell me that this episode was one where the producers kept reminding us over and over again on how awesome they think Sara is and that it came at the expense of everyone else.

Also for a so called shared universe, they really don't think that well when it comes to understanding on how the ramifications of this show should be felt on Arrow and Flash.

Please don't tell me that this episode was one where the producers kept reminding us over and over again on how awesome they think Sara is and that it came at the expense of everyone else.

Apparently that's what it was considering she's the favorite of certain showrunners.

Well I guess I'm done with this show after tonight's episode then
I'm sorry to hear that and understand I'm kinda still deciding. but I'm not sure if I'll continue my self. while did find some part's funny. it wasn't all in joy side. the actor still did good job but the show it's self from the writers side...... but there were good parts still. but I do understand where your coming from.

I'm sorry to hear that and understand I'm kinda still deciding. but I'm not sure if I'll continue my self. while did find some part's funny. it wasn't all in joy side. the actor still did good job but the show it's self from the writers side...... but there were good parts still. but I do understand where your coming from.

Unless Season 3 does a major swerve like how Season 5 did with Arrow...I just can't deal with all of the plot holes that this show constantly gives out.

The fact that Amaya has been out of her time period for this long should have already presented several consequences to the present, especially in regards to her Granddaughter.

Also, I feel like Arthur as Rip adds a certain level of prestige to this whole show and its team format. Taking him out just to make Sara the captain, for such BS reasons no less, takes it away.

There's no real hero on this team that I can fully get behind. So yeah, I think I'll be sticking with the Flash and Arrow.

Unless Season 3 does a major swerve like how Season 5 did with Arrow...I just can't deal with all of the plot holes that this show constantly gives out.

The fact that Amaya has been out of her time period for this long should have already presented several consequences to the present, especially in regards to her Granddaughter.

Also, I feel like Arthur as Rip adds a certain level of prestige to this whole show and its team format. Taking him out just to make Sara the captain, for such BS reasons no less, takes it away.

There's no real hero on this team that I can fully get behind. So yeah, I think I'll be sticking with the Flash and Arrow.
I haven't come back for arrow. from what my youngest sister told me they still have the characters acting stupid to a degree. And that was one of the major reason I left. there were a number large list.. so I understand . like I said I'm on the fence with this show as well.

I haven't made chose yet with legends . I guess I'll see you in the flash and super girl forums though.

You may have to come back to Legends for the next mega crossover.

You may have to come back to Legends for the next mega crossover.

Probably. If anything, one of the things that I had liked about our last crossover was that, even when he wasn't on his own show, Barry came off and was presented as the leader for the entire group of heroes on his Earth...and Barry is the kind of hero that I could find myself backing up.

And just to make it clear, it has nothing to do with the fact that he's a guy or not. Heck, if Kara had been chosen leader then I would have been fine with it as well. It's just the type of hero that he (or in Kara's case, she) is that I feel like they'd be qualified in being the leader of a group of heroes.

Ok this was disappointing. Eobard hold the idiot ball for the entire episode and seems to die for real unless the Flash screws-up once again (which is shame given that the Flash couldn't even confront his so-called most eprsonal enemy in S1), Dahrk and Cold (two villains who were arguably wasted in their respective shows) get returned to their eras like nothing's ever happened (wasted potential) and Malcolm Merlyn (the one villain that has had his story done and done) isn't killed or imprisoned and instead gets returned to the present scott-free, obviously so that he can haunt Team Arrow once more (yeah, I'm sure Oliver will love you for that Sara).

I still don't know why the Legends crew never contacted Barry for his help or recruited any speedsters of their own.

They seem to have no problem in taking Amaya out of her timeline, despite the fact that she needs to be alive in order to start a family so that their present day granddaughter can be born to save people, so I don't know why they wouldn't risk doing so with Barry, especially if he can achieve better results.

I just wish they had made a better explanation for Thawnes not to take out Sara once she got the spear. That made no sense.

Rip leaving the team was no surprise as it's convenient for Marc Guggenheim to retain Sara as Captain.

I prefer the White Canary as Captain. Sad to see Rip go, but it may be a good thing as he has already avenged his wife and son by destroying Vandal Savage. No real point of having him on board the Waverider anymore.

Wonder if season three will repeat the story of a missing Rip Hunter and having to find him again?

I'm off to start my bakery and I won't see you ever again .

Maybe that will be where they find Rip in season three? Or he can return to the Waverider as the Legends' chief chef?

Oh, the leaving of Rip is temporary or for good?
I really love to see this character again in S3..... :csad::csad:

Me too. But Rip leaving solidifies Sara's place as Captain, which I'm happy about. And leaves room for new characters...I'm still hoping some main characters from DC Comics will find their way to the Legends (ie in the likes of Wonder Woman, Meera, Jesse Quick, Katana, maybe even Harley Quinn?)

Or maybe Sara realizes Rip is the one for her and she searches him? LOL!

ending reminded me of a doctor who episode where all era's of time were turning inward and colliding together

I think it was a deliberate callback to two Doctor Who episodes: The Wedding of River Song (time falling apart) and Journey's End (multiple copies of the hero characters).

Spoiler!

50 Reverse Flash's couldn't take them all out and grab the spear before anyone could blink? That's just..., I don't even know what that is. On top of that, when he was "taking them out", he just knocked them unconscious? Again, crazy.

They had the Black Flash to take out Reverse Flash, would have been a better option to have Thawne just come in and try to stop them, and the Black Flash gets him, the 50 Reverse Flashes not only minimalized Dahrk/Malcolm/Snart roles, but again really diminished the threat that Reverse Flash seemed to pose.

The T-Rexes aren't even a thing with Vixen there, she already calmed them down, so no big whoop there.

Also, WHAT ABOUT THE THANAGARIANS!!???!?!?!

So when the future Legends went back in time to tell the past Legends the mistakes they made, the Reverse Flash who was interacting with the past Legion of Doom was from the future when he had already created his own reality (not the past), which means that from the Reverse Flash's perspective the moment the waverider ship traveled back he noticed time rippling so he traveled through the speed force and merged with his past self right before the past Legion of Doom was about to take the spear from the Legends. Kinda like how Barry merged with his past self to stop Central City from Weather Wizard or stop Vandal Savage from destroying the earth.

I had some logic issues with the episode, but I thought it was fun.

That was definitely an enjoyable finale. Sure, the show has its own logic issues, but that's always been the case and I don't care 'cause I'm entertained anyway.

One thing I would've liked to see, though, is to have one of the crew replaced by their aberration. Okay, yes, I know that the aberrations are supposed to disappear after they correct the timeline (like Future!Sara did), but I thought it'd be a nice little bit of added drama to have one of the Legends die and be replaced by not-exactly-but-pretty-much the same person.

I just wish they had made a better explanation for Thawnes not to take out Sara once she got the spear.

There's even a pre-made explanation from season 1 of Flash: Thawne runs out of power quickly, and the problem is worse when he runs fast enough to travel through time. It makes sense that he wouldn't talk about his weakness, but they could've shown it happening on Legends.

An army of Reverse Flashes and not one thinks to attack Sara til it's too late. Hell, one should be enough to quick kill all of them before they even see it happening. But he talks too much.

The mess they've created makes Barry's mess look like a paper cut. If Flash and Arrow's season finale doesn't reflect to what they've done. Then the biggest mess created is by the showrunners.

I still don't know why the Legends crew never contacted Barry for his help or recruited any speedsters of their own.

They seem to have no problem in taking Amaya out of her timeline, despite the fact that she needs to be alive in order to start a family so that their present day granddaughter can be born to save people, so I don't know why they wouldn't risk doing so with Barry, especially if he can achieve better results

So when the future Legends went back in time to tell the past Legends the mistakes they made, the Reverse Flash who was interacting with the past Legion of Doom was from the future when he had already created his own reality (not the past), which means that from the Reverse Flash's perspective the moment the waverider ship traveled back he noticed time rippling so he traveled through the speed force and merged with his past self right before the past Legion of Doom was about to take the spear from the Legends. Kinda like how Barry merged with his past self to stop Central City from Weather Wizard or stop Vandal Savage from destroying the earth.
yeah I just remembered before the thawne Rf from doom world went to pick up his time Remanent's he told them he was from the future. then he said he was gonna get back up and he did with his time Remanent's.

so it mean's that the one that was supposed to be with the legion during that might still be alive cause it was the one that created doom world that was killed by zoom /the black race thanks to saraseeting him freem. yeah I'm aware that doom world sara vanished and her crew were killed befor her with that version of rip's throate cut.

but no one saw that former version of thawne that came to pick up the spear with legion, when the version of him from doom world came to stop the legends. i

t's very possible the same one that barry freed from "flash point "that brought the legion there escaped. So barry will still get his chance for a final show down with thawne if you all understand what I mean.

point is it was the thawne from doom world that died . the one that brought the legion to that point to get the spear wasn't seen again when one that created doom world came about. that one died . so it mean's one escaped. so Barry will see thawne again .

Last edited:
That was definitely an enjoyable finale. Sure, the show has its own logic issues, but that's always been the case and I don't care 'cause I'm entertained anyway.

One thing I would've liked to see, though, is to have one of the crew replaced by their aberration. Okay, yes, I know that the aberrations are supposed to disappear after they correct the timeline (like Future!Sara did), but I thought it'd be a nice little bit of added drama to have one of the Legends die and be replaced by not-exactly-but-pretty-much the same person.

I thought Sara was replaced. I thought it was the original Sara who disappeared and that she was the one who used the spear. She was dressed in black like the original Sara while future Sara was in white, as we saw earlier.

In Star Trek Voyager, a future version of Harry Kim and Naomi Wildman replaced their original selves on the ship and for the rest of the show. I think this happened quite early on in either the first or second season. It wasn't versions of them from the distant future but only a short time after like it was with these Legends as the original ones died.

I thought Sara was replaced. I thought it was the original Sara who disappeared and that she was the one who used the spear. She was dressed in black like the original Sara while future Sara was in white, as we saw earlier.

In Star Trek Voyager, a future version of Harry Kim and Naomi Wildman replaced their original selves on the ship and for the rest of the show. I think this happened quite early on in either the first or second season. It wasn't versions of them from the distant future but only a short time after like it was with these Legends as the original ones died.
no the sara from doom world was in a white sweater ish shirt.v the one in black was the one that lived and she's the sara pre doom world . every one that came from doom died and only the sara in white faded out of existance.

no the sara from doom world was in a white sweater ish shirt.v the one in black was the one that lived and she's the sara pre doom world . every one that came from doom died and only the sara in white faded out of existance.

Future Sara is the one from Doom world and she was in white or light clothing. But the one who faded was wearing a black blazer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"