Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 9: "Beebo the God of War"

CONSTANTINE?

Well, didn't call him appearing here at all! That was a great tease.

Too bad Jax leaves, but Constantine is back

Between Supergirl, Flash and Legends, this was the best midseason finale.

Yeah, not even interested in how good Arrow may be even though I'll definitely still watch, but for me, this was easily the best of the four DCCW fall finales. Between Themyscira and now Constantine, Legends has done a good job not letting stuff like that get out and being spoiled.

With Professor Stein, it makes sense for Jax to leave the team to resume his normal life before being Firestorm.

Glad to see Constantine back. I was hoping he would be in Legends since that group needs star power.

That Constantine theme... so good to hear it again.

Hopefully this sets up his new animated series and/or finally resolves the cliffhanger that Constantine's live action series ended on.

Honestly this episode was kind of stupid but the ending tease with Matt Ryan returning as John Constantine actually has me excited for the next episode.

After the crossover so far:

Kara suffers the worst defeat and is in coma, Barry gets framed and arrested, Jax leaves the team, and Constantine reappears.

Now we need to see what happens in Arrow post-crossover.

Yup, John Constantine coming back is great. it is kind of sad Jax left so fast though.

Beebo was like a mix of Furby and Tickle Me Elmo. Cracked me up.

I wish they figured out how to have Jax at least have the Firestorm powers for himself.

I'm surprised that Jax is legitimately gone.

I'm surprised that Jax is legitimately gone.

I feel sorry for the actor. It's not his fault Garber didn't want to do the show anymore. And now there are no black men on the show. The only CW DC show without a black man playing a regular character.

That was AAAAAAAAAAMAZING! Vikings worshiping Beebo, Young Martin and Jax goodbyes, Leo and Mick come together, Sara and Sharpe's slow burn, it all worked. Seriously, the whole thing looks ridiculous on paper, but it worked and gave me the best hour of tv in ages. Ray, Nate and Darhk's ridiculous wigs and beard! Like I actually laughed and cried and was surprised. It completely washed away the cr@p that was Flash's Don't Run, but then LoT has been doing that since last season.

I get why Jax left, but it was still sad to see him go, that they couldn't find a way to keep Franz on the show. But if Leo is any indication, they could still bring Jax back as an effective team member.

Best ep of the series and just plain best DC show. :ilv::ilv::ilv:

I don;t know, I'd argue "John Constantine shows up and hangs around" is a far greater disaster, traditionally, then being framed or stuck in a coma. ;)

I feel sorry for the actor. It's not his fault Garber didn't want to do the show anymore. And now there are no black men on the show. The only CW DC show without a black man playing a regular character.

Well.....that may not be an issue in the future
giphy.gif

So has Jefferson left the cast now as well? Is there someone who will be replacing him?

Also, I wonder if they're planning anything between Sara and that female Time Bureau agent.

There have been rumors that Kid Flash will jump ship to Legends. Which. . . eh, I am dubious if that would be a good idea. Or rather, it'd make perfect sense that they'd want to replace their big gun. I just can't imagine it working well, in terms of "not getting nerfed and jobbed to hell and back".

So has Jefferson left the cast now as well? Is there someone who will be replacing him?

Also, I wonder if they're planning anything between Sara and that female Time Bureau agent.

Yes Jefferson is officially gone. Im surprised the actor didnt do any exit interviews.

According to Caity it doesnt seem like they will do anything with whatshername.

a lot of cast shakeups in the 2 years the show has been on air.

Hate to see Jefferson go. He sucked season 1 but i enjoyed him a lot more in season 2. I literally only watch now for Sarah and Mick

I really enjoy the rotating cast aspect of the show. It keeps it fresh for me, and so far I've liked all the newbies.

Also, I hope they don't go for a romance between Sara and Agent Sharpe, at least no more than a fling at most, because I love that since the Hawks left the show has steered clear of relationship drama and all the "shipping" that goes along with it. It's all very refreshing for a CW show.

Beebo was like a mix of Furby and Tickle Me Elmo. Cracked me up.

I wish they figured out how to have Jax at least have the Firestorm powers for himself.

Easy, he could have fused with anyone, but all his fusions would be more unstable and taxing to maintain than fusing with Stein was, with the level of instability depending on the person involved with the fusion. The more unstable the fusion the more taxing it would be making the overall time while fused shorter (with the most unstable ones lasting only minutes) and making the recharge period before he could do fuse again longer.

This instability weakness would actually play to the writers not wanting to use Firestorm too much due to his plot breaking power without a nerf or the idiot ball, as to keep it stable he would have to back off on the amount of power he'd use. If he used too much they'd violently defuse, not to the degree the Ronnie and Stein did back in the Flash, but enough to cause serious damage to a small room.

The best thing this would bring would be letting Jax fuse with Mick and having Mick clash with Jax and control his actions a little (this would also be a pretty good acting opportunity for Franz as he'd have to take on the other characters demeanors').

Letting Jax be Firestorm would be the simplest way to go instead of trying to find a new partner for Jax. Nate doesn't need someone else to be Citizen Steel. Ray Palmer doesn't need someone else operating the suit to be Atom.
I honestly thought someone like Ray Palmer was going to figure out a way to let Jax be Firestorm all on his own instead of writing the character off the show.

but the whole random partner fusion is a great aspect of him in the comics, one in which the volatility and instability I mentioned are present as well, so not only would it be in line with the character but it would make for interesting story potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"