Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 10: "The Legion of Doom"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
1500x500

TAKING RISKS - The Legends are determined to find and rescue Rip (Arthur Darvill), but first must focus on locating the Spear of Destiny. Stein (Victor Garber) thinks he has the perfect person to help but knows involving her will be risky. Meanwhile, Malcom Merlyn (guest star John Barrowman) and Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) realize that Thawne (guest star Matt Letscher) is pitting them against each other. Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Franz Drameh and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. Eric Laneuville directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Marc Guggenheim (#210). Original airdate 1/31/2017.

EXTENDED PROMO
[YT]qi8UEI_PzR0[/YT]

I know they probably won't get one, but it'd be nice if this Legion talked about a potential headquarters in a swamp of all places.

Hey, the show's already used the name and just gave us an episode with George Lucas. May as well reference the Vader helmet base.

How do we know this base they are in *isn't* in a swamp? *eg*

I'm left wondering why Thawne even needs Darhk or Malcolm to help him get information out of Rip unless he doesn't want to get his hands dirty.

What? Now you cant pluck someone out of the timeline? Huh?

if Thawne took Darhk from the timeline 30 years before he die.. wouldn't he have disappeared from that timeline that never got killed? or does Thawne return him to the same time he got him from when this is all done?

does the fact that we still saw him die in the future tell as that they already failed? I know were dealing with changing reality not changing time so it might not work the same way, but, still

btw has it been said when actually this Thawne is from? is it before or after he killed Barrys mom and took over Wells live?
edit: ok well that answers the question

Last edited:
if Thawne took Darhk from the timeline 30 years before he die.. wouldn't he have disappeared from that timeline that never got killed? or does Thawne return him to the same time he got him from when this is all done?

does the fact that we still saw him die in the future tell as that they already failed? I know were dealing with changing reality not changing time so it might not work the same way, but, still

btw has it been said when actually this Thawne is from? is it before or after he killed Barrys mom and took over Wells live?

It's better not to think about it. The timeline freezes at will on this show lol. Amaya is from the 40s, Mari should be wiped out which means Team Arrow loses to DD BUT.....DD isnt in the timeline so he should never attack Star City which means Laurel should be alive...but somehow Amaya going on the waverider, time moved on and she disappeared from the JSA and they disbanded.

Presumably he gets the Spear of Destiny and resolves the issue. Because, yes, either he has to return Darhk otherwise or everything will get screwed up.

ETA:
"Of course that's not whiskey, it's brandy. What do you take me for, a sailor?"

Jackson to Stein: "Changing history is what we do."

Wait...didn't you guys chew out Barry for doing that very same thing during the crossover?

I just hope that everything isnt wrapped up into a pretty little bow at the end of the season. DD sent back to his "present" with his mind wiped, MM back to 2017 and Thawne gone.

Wouldn't Thawne just be able to phase through the door?

Wait...didn't you guys chew out Barry for doing that very same thing during the crossover?

That's different. When Barry does it there are consequences.

Stein's daughter doesn't seem pleased to learn that she's an aberration.

^would you be? lol

why can't Thawne just vibrate through the wall out of the vault?

Shouldn't Black Flash be coming for Barry as well?

Oh yay...another episode set that far back. I like it when they keep it set to 40s+

But overall, I really enjoyed this episode. LoT made Malcolm bearable again and the entire Legion of Doom was great

The Flash and Arrow really need to take a page out of LoT and that you can do an episode focused on someone else for the main plot from time to time. Barry and Oliver dont need to be at the forefront 24/7.

Shouldn't Black Flash be coming for Barry as well?

I think the only reason why the Black Flash is going after Eobard is because he's not supposed to exist, whereas Barry's existence hasn't been compromised by Time Travel.

If Thawne gets his hands on the entire Sphere of Destiny, is this why Eddie Thawne is returning?

The Legion of Doom carried this episode big time.

I hope the writers don't forget that Vixen may be a time aberration since she's out of 1942.

And we have yet to see Snart added to the Legion crew as well. I'm curious to see on how he'll blend with the others.

It was actually kind of surprising that Malcolm actually displayed some traits that were...dare I say, merciful...or more benevolent when compared to Thawne and Dark. I mean every time a decision had to be made regarding the life of a civilian, Malcolm preferred to go about it without shedding blood if it was at all possible.

I wish they would give a story reason as to why the Legends won't call up Barry for help, now that they especially know that Thawne is the evil speedster that they're after.

And we have yet to see Snart added to the Legion crew as well. I'm curious to see on how he'll blend with the others.

It was actually kind of surprising that Malcolm actually displayed some traits that were...dare I say, merciful...or more benevolent when compared to Thawne and Dark. I mean every time a decision had to be made regarding the life of a civilian, Malcolm preferred to go about it without shedding blood if it was at all possible.

I wish they would give a story reason as to why the Legends won't call up Barry for help, now that they especially know that Thawne is the evil speedster that they're after.

I was wondering why not barry ethier. He isnt exactly busy right now.

This was easily the best episode of the season thus far. Im glad they explained why thawne kept running away every couple scenes. Seeing the black flash in action was good but I wish it would have been a guy in an actual suit.

Oh yay...another episode set that far back. I like it when they keep it set to 40s+

But overall, I really enjoyed this episode. LoT made Malcolm bearable again and the entire Legion of Doom was great

The Flash and Arrow really need to take a page out of LoT and that you can do an episode focused on someone else for the main plot from time to time. Barry and Oliver dont need to be at the forefront 24/7.

Arrow has done a Felicity episode or two and a handful of Diggle episodes. Plus that whole 3-episode arc after The Climb with Arsenal and the newly-suited up Black Canary fighting Brick.

I think you are reading that line a bit too literally. Jackson was merely expressing that Martin does not have to be as cold and distant as his own father was. As to the fact that Lilly is an aboration, it makes sense that Jax would be less concerned with that than the others.

This was an all around great episode I thought. The focus on the Leigon was great and Zoom's return was a pleasant surprise. This show definitely fixed its villain problem of the first season. Now all that is left to do is get rid of the boring Collosus ripoff whose only purpose for being on the show is to spout conveniently timed lines about historic events/ramifications (a role that could easily be filled by Gideon).

if this Darhk is from 30 years ago, what well the Legends do with him when/if they stop them?

if they stop the him from back then, wont it completely change everything he's done since, such as the events of last season of Arrow with him... can they as Legends let all those changes happen?... or will they have to let him go back to the timeline he was taken from? knowing that it will eventually lead to Laurel's death

its kind of an interesting time paradox/ as well as an ethical dilemma... if they set him free, a lot of people (including Laurel's) will die, but, that's all part of history which it is there job to preserve (an all those people who original died as a result of his actions, would become time aberrations)

Arrow has done a Felicity episode or two and a handful of Diggle episodes. Plus that whole 3-episode arc after The Climb with Arsenal and the newly-suited up Black Canary fighting Brick.

They were still heavily focused on Oliver except for like 2 episodes if i remember correctly.

if this Darhk is from 30 years ago, what well the Legends do with him when/if they stop them?

if they stop the him from back then, wont it completely change everything he's done since, such as the events of last season of Arrow with him... can they as Legends let all those changes happen?... or will they have to let him go back to the timeline he was taken from? knowing that it will eventually lead to Laurel's death

its kind of an interesting time paradox/ as well as an ethical dilemma... if they set him free, a lot of people (including Laurel's) will die, but, that's all part of history which it is there job to preserve (an all those people who original died as a result of his actions, would become time aberrations)

It's even more of a problem now. Returning DD to his "present" day would still change the futute since he knows of his death in the future which would lead him to try to change things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"