Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 3

Variety's Playback Podcast - Rob Liefeld on ‘Deadpool 2’ and the Superhero Movie Landscape

“I’ll jump on the sword. I don’t really work in the movie business, so I’ve always been able to navigate and speak freely. The answer is two words: Tom Rothman,” Liefeld says. “He is now the [chairman] of Sony. I wish him well. He’s a canny operator in the business. But when he gets it in his mind to dismiss something — nothing seemed to push him over the edge. I thought for sure [he would be on board] when he saw how good Deadpool looked and moved [in the test footage], but for whatever reason, we had an opponent to the film.”

Ultimately it was “Guardians of the Galaxy” that pushed the movie to a green light, courtesy of former Fox chief Jim Gianopulos. “I cried like a baby,” Liefeld says of when he first heard the news. “And it wasn’t just for me. It was for Tim [Miller] and Ryan [Reynolds] and Rhett [Reese]. The script you saw in 2016 was written in 2010.”

Gold.

[YT]6b5DBQeh1cU[/YT]

"If you told me back then that one movie will spawn an expensive two movie universe, I would say that you're crazy" :funny:.

The back of the X-Men first class (deadpool) cover

DdYQfd7WkAAX4pY.jpg

Presumably its the same on the back of all of them.

Deserves all the exposure it gets.

Glad I did the double feature. Clearly, I have seen the FX version way too many times.

Loved the movie. Greatest disappointment was that I was the only one who laughed at a Liefeld joke. My audience sucked.

It probably helps to see it with comic dorks, as bad as the smell will be. :o

The marketing team behind these two movies deserve a big, fat raise. I don't think there's been a better marketing campaign for a film since The Dark Knight's rival marketing.

This sequel sound super obnoxious so far.

Hoping I don't end up looking at the first one as though the gimmick was good for just one movie.

This sequel sound super obnoxious so far.

Hoping I don't end up looking at the first one as though the gimmick was good for just one movie.

Porquoi? If you haven't seen it, why does it sound obnoxious?

I loved this one SO much more than the first, which I felt was rather overrated. I felt it was a painfully cookie cutter origin tale only made distinct by the blood, sex, and swearing. The story was much more interesting and the range of emotional beats much more compelling this time.

I thought there were quite a few things in this film that were improvements over the first. I loved the pace. It bopped a long and entertained with relentless glee. The only complaint I have is -

Why is it so damn hard to get the Juggernaut right? I know, I know, this is the closest we have literally ever come to a perfect Juggernaut, but I was still disappointed. No charging. No rampaging. Just a brawl with Colossus that ended really stupid like. I was hoping for more. It's a fanboy complaint, I'll totally conceded that, but still.

Other than that I really loved the movie. I think I may prefer it to the first actually.

The marketing team behind these two movies deserve a big, fat raise. I don't think there's been a better marketing campaign for a film since The Dark Knight's rival marketing.

True!

Deadpool 2 cost $110m, an increase I anticpated years ago (with most of the people on here thinking that they'd never increase the budget to that point).

I also saw both yesterday and I liked the first one better but only because that kid annoyed me so bad, just the worst

Deadpool 2 cost $110m, an increase I anticpated years ago (with most of the people on here thinking that they'd never increase the budget to that point).

I remember reading some time ago that the budget was 100 mil, but must have gone up $10 mil for reshoots perhaps.

Nah, Celine wanted $5 mill and Beckham wanted $5 mill. :oldrazz:

I remember reading some time ago that the budget was 100 mil, but must have gone up $10 mil for reshoots perhaps.

Early budget figures are always a bit iffy. Better wait for release and actual data from reliable sources such as The Numbers and Box Office Mojo.

Saw it last night, no IMAX screenings in my area, I really enjoyed it, I feel the first is a better film, but I laughed and had a good time. 8/10

I loved it even more than the first.:yay: This might be the most fun and fan-generous comicbook movie yet. It had many elements that I had hoped the first one would have had(still loved it). Never a dull moment on this film. This totally felt to me like the comedic superhero movie that someone like John Landis, Harold Ramis, or Ivan Reitman could have made if the superhero genre would have already been this big back in the day. :dpf:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"