Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 3

Mr. Pool
A movie is made in the edit room.

Ra7aC0y.jpg

0okWkSx.jpg

I worry a little bit at how often he is in the suit...

Obviously it’s not the movie’s fault but it was hard to watch some of the violence in this movie after the school shooting in Texas yesterday. Obviously the movie plays it up for humor but it’s getting harder to just take a break from reality.

Just got back from this. Even better than the first one. They nailed this movie.

I liked it very much but didn’t find it to be as near perfect as the first one. Gave it an 8/10

Obviously it’s not the movie’s fault but it was hard to watch some of the violence in this movie after the school shooting in Texas yesterday. Obviously the movie plays it up for humor but it’s getting harder to just take a break from reality.

C'mon now. You could use that argument about virtually every action-oriented blockbuster out there, PG-13 or R alike.

I haven't seen this yet, but the cameo was just spoiled for me thanks to a Yahoo article putting it in the title.

They assume people have already seen it a few days after, nature of the beast.

So whats people view on the backlash that film is sexist for

killing the girlf friend and its portrayals of women in general

killing the girlf friend and its portrayals of women in general

I mean...
Wade brings Vanessa back at the end, and that's been confirmed to be canon, so while some people may accuse the film of "fridging" her (part of me loves that a random Green Lantern comic from like, 1993 somehow is still relevant, btw), she ultimately comes back and will likely have a bigger role in DP3. Also, you have Domino, Negasonic and Yukio, who are great female characters. The latter two don't have huge parts but they're utilized well and they also gave us our first LGBTQ relationship in a superhero film, so that's something significant.

killing the girlfriend and its portrayals of women in general

Still one of the best implementations of the trope even before the mid-credits because it shows how much she mattered to the main character. Plus, the ways he interpreted what he thinks he has to do just kept escalating to absurd situations. They also offset the fact that she can't be onscreen as much with Domino, a unique butt-kicking female.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"