Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Thread Manager, May 15, 2018.

1. Mike_D202 Green Lantern's roommate

:funny:

2. BlackFox The Book of BlackFox

Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying its perfect or anything but the film did try to push things at least a little in few new directions without going OTT or making a big song and dance about it but getting criticized still for some story choices.

It gave us a couple of great new female characters that werent used in a derogatory or male idealistic manner so it aint all bad in my eye's but I guess to some that will never be enough. I guess some only want to see the bad in everything tis the modern world.

3. Teelie Jokerface

Exactly it and the midcredits ending is canon, eliminating a large portion of the movie, which of course means nothing when you must find something to be outraged over.

4. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I honestly expected Deadpool to make a fridge joke, especially [blackout] during the end credits where he ends up saving her [/blackout].

5. NotNickFury Registered

Still genius marketing. Wish this had played before the movie's release, too.

[YT]Nx8eMti-rQ4[/YT]

6. HBarnill Registered

Should there be a Deadpool 3 board by now?

7. -JKR- Registered

Nah, X-Force is next.

8. Teelie Jokerface

The way Reynolds was talking is Deadpool 3 will not happen but X-Force is the next progression for the character.

9. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I for one will not be pins and needles for the X-Force film with Deadpool.

I would have to be won over by a REALLY good trailer to have any Hype.

This film, while it delivered the laughs was pretty much only good at that. Every other aspect fell flat to me for the most part. Certainly there was no strong emotional through line that resonated with me in any way. And even the majority of the action felt less than stellar even given the budget boost from the first film. There were like two eye catching sequences and the rest felt undernourished. This may work for other folk, concentrate on the humor and go perfunctory with the rest. Fine. I just felt that they made some REALLY odd choices all around with the non-humor elements that fouled up the arcs and weight of the characters' which I wouldn't say about the first film. Then they kinda compound all that with a post cred scene that, again, works as comedy but also completely undercuts the entire proceeding film if you want to take it that way right now (I mean... we won't know until they make a sequel where the story stands).

For me... The wind is about of the sails quite a bit. They have to find that balance the first movie had. Certainly they showed some testicular fortitude in the choices they made in DP2 but... I think this was a case of not quite understanding the line ghtning in a bottle appeal. Or maybe the long process of rewriting, and REWRITING the script for the first film meant they just had a tighter and more focused product the last time that stands in contrast to a quickie sequel that merely doubles down on the most obvious and crowd pleasing aspects of the original?

10. -JKR- Registered

It's interesting how people have such varying opinions on this movie. I for one disagree, as I found it to be very different for the first one aside from the humor, and even there you've a got a very different brand of humor in the first act. I also thought that one thing they doubled down on in this one was the emotion. I found it to be surprisingly touching and deeper than I expected.

Anyway, Ryan Reynolds has already confirmed that what excites him about X-Force is that it's going to have a very different tone, so I imagine it being a more straight forward sci-fi action movie with Deadpool as its comedic centerpoint.

11. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

:up:

12. HBarnill Registered

[YT]https://youtu.be/TlEARbQ2rjQ[/YT]

13. Pennywise Registered

14. HBarnill Registered

Damn. Reynolds better give him a visit as Deadpool. That’d be the best thing to do.

15. Pennywise Registered

We can only hope! :csad:

16. NotNickFury Registered

Dakoda Shepley as Omega Red:

[​IMG]

17. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    Thank good they didn’t use him I would have hated to see him wasted as a cameo I want a omega red as a main villain preferably in a mcu

psylockolussus likes this.
  18. guitarsingerguy Who am I?

I assume everyone has seen the other headshots of the ransom mutants the makeup artists posted. Does anyone happen to know who they all are? I can’t beli they posted something like that and didn’t post a list. I’m pretty sure Maggot was in there, a few others look familiar, but I want a proper listing.

19. ArmsHeldOut James K. Delaney

Original concept designs for Deadpool 2's Cable, Domino and Juggernaut when Miller was still attached as director

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I Am The Knight likes this.
  20. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    The cable designs are cool I think the winter soldier look for domino is funny and would have been hilarious. I don’t like that juggernaut concept at all I liked the juggernaut design we got in dp2 even though it wasn’t comic accurate

21. Blitzkrieg Registered

Instead, Fox is releasing, what we hear, is a PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 on Dec. 21. They’ve listed it as untitled Deadpool movie.

22. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

They look fantastic. I loved Brolin's Cable but this is closer to what I would have liked the character to look.

23. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

PG-13 Deadpool 2? This news is just...weird, LOL!

24. StarLord Freezing Vibrations

I don't get why people are so mad at this news. The movie was released as an R and did very well, it's had a great blu-ray release with cool extra s***.

Why the hell not release it so maybe some kids can see it? No harm done.

25. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I agree. It's just an odd move. Especially considering it has been on Blu Ray for some time now.