Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 3

Is it crazy to think that it might be their way of trying to show people that a PG-13 Deadpool could work, because he might potentially show up in an Avengers Movie? Like "See, he can work without dropping an F-bomb every 2 seconds or dismembering a foot soldier. So don't blow your collective lids when in an Avengers Movie he isn't jerking off with a Unicorn plushy."

I think they want China money....

I'm not a fan of this at all, but whatever, I've already seen the thing multiple times in theaters and blu ray. This is the least appealing version of a DP film.

Is it crazy to think that it might be their way of trying to show people that a PG-13 Deadpool could work, because he might potentially show up in an Avengers Movie? Like "See, he can work without dropping an F-bomb every 2 seconds or dismembering a foot soldier. So don't blow your collective lids when in an Avengers Movie he isn't jerking off with a Unicorn plushy."

Well Disney don't own FOX yet so am not sure why fox would be doing that for them, so I am gonna guess probably not.

I have heard people speculate it's not about showing deadpool can be PG13, it's more jokes aimed at the idea of a PG13 deadpool movie.

I would rather watch Ryan dress up as DP and go Mystery Science Theater on the theatrical version. It's going to need some new footage if they expect people to pay theater prices for a movie that's already on Blu-Ray.

Here's an idea. If they're adding extra scenes and a new character, maybe they could expand Black Tom's role.

Well that confirms it to me. If they are spending money to bring back the cast and shoot whole new scenes they are not doing that just for a lark. Disney wants to see how a PG13 Deadpool will go over with audiences. And you can bet your last dollar if this does well Deadpool3 will be PG-13 and Deadpool will be in the MCU.

Well that confirms it to me. If they are spending money to bring back the cast and shoot whole new scenes they are not doing that just for a lark. Disney wants to see how a PG13 Deadpool will go over with audiences. And you can bet your last dollar if this does well Deadpool3 will be PG-13 and Deadpool will be in the MCU.

Have to agree with this.

Originally I was thinking it's a low cost way of testing the water. Movie has been shot, effects are done, all you're doing is re-cutting it for TV essentially. All they have to do at the theater is cover the cost of re-editing, and marketing. Adding the new scenes and shots means they're doubling down on this. I'd bet they heavily monitor the buzz to see what comes of it.

This way parents don't get as squeamish about letting kids watch it, and all of a sudden they sell more toys. Conventional thinking would be 'R' doesn't sell toys, it annoys parents groups. It also means when or if DP comes into the MCU, parents of kids who see him pop up in a PG-13, have a PG-13 to show them.

It doesn't erase the 1st movie though. . . .

I heard some speculate this is more of a joke aimed at PG13 Deadpool. like instead of juggernaut ripping Deadpool apart it will just be him describing it in a new shot scene. and that would be the joke of a PG13 Deadpool. yeah we could show you... but this is PG13, sorry.

Although my guess is that Ryan will be the only returning actor filming any new bits for it. i just don't see them getting back every actor on short notice to shoot new scenes.

Last edited:
Title has been confirmed to be Once Upon a Deadpool with $1 of each ticket going to a charity.

Yeah, it's also a limited release.

Makes sense given the cause as well as well as the younger fanbase Deadpool has. This is actually pretty cool.

I actually think this could be better than what we got this summer which I was very underwhelmed by. The pg-13 rating allows for new jokes that actually have to be somewhat clever and not just retreads of previous ones.

Childlike innocence? Wait until Wade learns that Fred Savage directed episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Love how they make fun of online nerds. They already did that re: Josh Brolin's height.

To kick off the holiday season audiences of almost all ages will soon be able to enjoy the Merc with the Mouth’s reimagining of Deadpool 2 filtered through the prism of childlike innocence.
"Fox has been asking for a PG-13 basically since the start in 2006," Ryan Reynolds told Deadline. "I've said no since 2006. Now, this one time, I said 'Yes' on two conditions. First, a portion of the proceeds had to go to charity. Second, I wanted to kidnap Fred Savage. The second condition took some explaining...

" Fred Savage will join Reynolds in new scenes for ONCE UPON A DEADPOOL in an homage to Savage's starring role in the 1987 bedtime-story classic THE PRINCESS BRIDE. Fred remarked, “while my participation in this film was anything but voluntary, I am happy to learn that Fudge Cancer will be the beneficiary of this shameless cash grab”

For every ticket sold, $1 will go to the charity Fudge Cancer - previously known as **** Cancer, who have graciously changed their name to be more PG-13 friendly for the 12 days of Once Upon A Deadpool’s release.

The trailer looks descent, looks like Fox is trying to get last minute money before Disney pulls Deadpool, Fantastic Four, and X Men in to the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Personally i think it was Ryans idea to release this movie. not for Disney sake, but because of the charity stuff.

I can't really see FOX going to Ryan and asking him to film new scenes for a pg13 release... id almost believe it more if Ryan volunteered himself to do it.

Last edited:
I may have to spend money on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"