Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stefan Kapicic

Yeah, I doubt it. Unless there's an upcoming surprise, it seems like the 20th Century Fox panel was only about the Kingsman sequel.

Man, that's disappointing, I hoped that there'd be at least something about Alita: Battle Angel and The Predator, considering that both are in post-production.

Pretty weak of Fox considering the amount of fan related properties they have going on. They could have had a pretty impressive panel. Now a few of these won't be hitting SDCC at all even next year prior to release date.

Not bringing Deadpool to Hall H at all even just in a small set video greeting is an odd decision. Anything Deadpool there plays huge.

Anyone X-Cited for the Deadpool Marvel Legends line?

Part of the line-up has been announced and pics have been released from SDCC:

Rob Liefeld Cable (complete with bigass pouches and shoulder pads)
Domino
'Pool.
Nice!

Last edited:
Deadpool plays huge everywhere. They already have the teaser and periodical updates from Ryan, so there probably isn't that big of a pressing need this far out. Still wanted to see everyone but also it's understandable.

Deadpool plays huge everywhere. They already have the teaser and periodical updates from Ryan, so there probably isn't that big of a pressing need this far out. Still wanted to see everyone but also it's understandable.

SDCC is where the character started to grow, got the most support and where the most rabid fans were prior to the film. After they pretty much owned SDCC in 2015, this is disappointing.

There was no effort at all with too many properties. This is where these kind of things are supposed to go down and why SDCC has its rep. If they wanna be a no show then say so. I'm sure there will be plenty of stuff in the future and this isn't the end of the world, but if I was there this year I'd be pissed and just not understand. They missed out on the biggest convention that is in celebration of these films.

Last edited:
Don't disagree with any of that, and they did explicitly call it a Kingsman panel after all. I just take issue when people call it a slight against fans (not you specifically) and whatnot when they aren't required to reveal things there at all. For all we know, Ryan could've been the one who wanted to keep things on the down low until they have a bit more ready too etc.

Don't disagree with any of that, and they did explicitly call it a Kingsman panel after all. I just take issue when people call it a slight against fans (not you specifically) and whatnot when they aren't required to reveal things there at all. For all we know, Ryan could've been the one who wanted to keep things on the down low until they have a bit more ready too etc.

In fairness they named it that last minute and people were confused. They should have called it the Kingsman panel from the get go as well as officially announce that their most fan driven properties will not be there this year, then nobody would be expecting other properties. All these articles say 20th Century Fox panel and show their X-Men properties cause thats what the crowd wants. That stuff is expected for the most part.

If it was Ryan, then I'd disagree with him too. They don't need to show off official footage. I've been to quite a few of these and just having an update or a video greeting goes along way with fans and gets trade/social media attention. Fox just didn't' want any sort of presence. If all the studios acted that way then there would be no show.

Not the end of the world, just disappointing. A nice summary of wants going on in the X-Men world and things to come would have been perfect here. It's the place to sell hype after all.

Last edited:
I don't doubt the effect of having something, no matter how small, for cons and whatnot. It's a nice gift for the fans who lined up. (Though to be fair, there didn't seem to be too big of a wait for this panel judging from social media)

Thankfully, many cast members will be there this year for other panels, so hopefully we'll get some updates about each film.

I've only seen the line for Sat haha. Not fun.

I guess the other thing is I want Fox to show they are excited to have these properties. Their 2015 panel was solid and it was cool to see an effort of expansion. Only a few days ago you and I were talking about the pros and cons and how even poster art can add to all this.

Last edited:
I've only seen the line for Sat haha. Not fun.

I guess the other thing is I want Fox to show they are excited to have these properties. Their 2015 panel was solid and it was cool to see an effort of expansion. Only a few days ago you and I were talking about the pros and cons and how even poster art can add to all this.
Yeah, it would've been nice to show something off. Imagine if Sienkiewicz and Liefeld made something for New Mutants and DP as a giveaway for fans. They'll probably do something closer to the film's debut, but like...an SDCC giveaway would've been dope.

Stefan is there being interview with Liefeld about DP2 though right now. So that's an update for fans.

All I wanted was an official Cable pic. Is that so much to ask? :csad:

That's what I was thinking. Though I'd imagine they will release something online if they think set leaks of Cable and Domino could happen.

Logan started then, so it makes sense that they start marketing for 2018 then.

That's what I was thinking. Though I'd imagine they will release something online if they think set leaks of Cable and Domino could happen.

Yeah, they will definitely post official pics of the new characters before any leaks can happen.

And it makes sense to wait for New York Comic Con, as by then they'll probably have more and better footage to show for their big late spring & summer releases.

It's still a bit of a dick move the way they handled the situation. They should've shut down reports and rumors about the X-Men movies or other blockbusters showing up at Comic Con instantly, and announced that this was gonna be a Kingsman panel from the get-go.

All I wanted was an official Cable pic. Is that so much to ask? :csad:
It would've been badass if they managed to be a presence without actually being at Comic Con, by dropping some official pics during the event, just like The Dark Knight did back in 2007. Talk about the most talked movie that year, without there being an actual panel.

Last edited:
Yeah, they will definitely post official pics of the new characters before any leaks can happen.

And it makes sense to wait for New York Comic Con, as by then they'll probably have more and better footage to show for their big late spring & summer releases.

It's still a bit of a dick move they handled the situation. They should've shut down reports and rumors about the X-Men movies or other blockbusters showing up at Comic Con instantly, and announced that this was gonna be a Kingsman panel from the get-go.

Exactly, and that's my main issue here. When we need Rhett Reese to confirm that's not cool. Just creates false hype which leads to disappointment. Not what Fox needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-ldWVt8cM

Another interview from the same day. Stefan plays a bit coy about playing the human form for Piotr, says he wants to see Colossus interact with Illyana and Kitty and also brings up The Unstoppable Colossus as something he'd like to see adapted.

Nice find :up:

Hoping we can at least get confirmation on the motion capture. Or maybe more info on being a mentor for NTW and how that evolves.

Last edited:
Another interview from the same day. Stefan plays a bit coy about playing the human form for Piotr

I honestly don't see how they could pull that off unless they have him expand as he changes or make the actor 7 foot and huge with effects.

SDCC is where the character started to grow, got the most support and where the most rabid fans were prior to the film. After they pretty much owned SDCC in 2015, this is disappointing.

There was no effort at all with too many properties. This is where these kind of things are supposed to go down and why SDCC has its rep. If they wanna be a no show then say so. I'm sure there will be plenty of stuff in the future and this isn't the end of the world, but if I was there this year I'd be pissed and just not understand. They missed out on the biggest convention that is in celebration of these films.

you said it best. There was no effort, and for those attending and spending money and waiting to enter the Hall H hopping to be surprised, to me, is disrespectul and being totally out of touch with the fans. Thats the dissapointing thing for me, the studio not giving a damm about their fanbase, the one that started it all on first place.

That's a bit dramatic.

I'll never understand fan entitlement.

I honestly don't see how they could pull that off unless they have him expand as he changes or make the actor 7 foot and huge with effects.
That's how it works in the comics though.

And yeah, there's really no slight against fans here at all. What does it mean that Fox shows their stuff at a later con? Nothing. Just timing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"