• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
*still hasn't seen John Wick*

post-28326-Marshall-slaps-Barney-NPH-HIMY-hMwc.gif

yeah the action will be good David Leitch was a 2nd unit director on civil war

Deadpool + John Wick? Two of my favourite's in a long long time in different genre's. This is good news to me at least after Millers departure.

yeah the action will be good David Leitch was a 2nd unit director on civil war

Which isn't what gets me excited for the project... at all. I thought the action (and overall movie) was pretty underwhelming compared to what the Russo Bros. whipped out for The Winter Soldier.

The reason I'm excited about David Leitch directing this is John Wick, which is an amazing action movie, not just because of the action scenes, but because he and Chad Stahelski managed to deliver on every aspect, making the most of a pretty basic storyline, by building an intruiging world and breathing life into it thanks to a great use of (tight) storytelling and characteriztion.

I just don't understand what was so good about John Wick. Probably similar case with Fast & Furious, Taken and some other bizarrely overrated stuff.

I just don't understand what was so good about John Wick. Probably similar case with Fast & Furious, Taken and some other bizarrely overrated stuff.

John Wick is in another league compared to Fast & Furious and Taken. What was so good about the movie is that it took a basic storyling, and managed to breathe life into it, by building and intruiging world around it and filling it with interesting characters. The movie has a great direction by Chad Stahelski and David Leitch and delivers in both the action and the narrative. It's a fun and badass ride, with slick visuals and Keanu Reeves at his best.

John Wick is just a perfect action thriller for me. It's efficient and exciting. It's got a real emotional spine with both Wick and the villain. Great performances from pretty much everyone. Intriguing world building and a mythos that flows naturally without exposition dumps. The action balances realism and style perfectly. The touches like Wick reloading regularly show an attention to detail rarely seen in these kinda films.

I think Reynolds, Reese, Wernick and Leitch will nail this again.

John Wick is just a perfect action thriller for me. It's efficient and exciting. It's got a real emotional spine with both Wick and the villain. Great performances from pretty much everyone. Intriguing world building and a mythos that flows naturally without exposition dumps. The action balances realism and style perfectly. The touches like Wick reloading regularly show an attention to detail rarely seen in these kinda films.

I think Reynolds, Reese, Wernick and Leitch will nail this again.

Just the fact that they went with someone like David Leitch is a good sign for me.

As I was watching, nothing really worked for me. Intro with a dying wife made no impact, unlike, for example, Guardians of the Galaxy's similar intro. Then he gets a dog, but she's like for one minute on screen and then dead. Again, it's hard to care for that. Mob talk how John Wick is such a legendary assassin, and again - they just can't sell it. Action felt unexciting. The movie felt sterile. Same as F&F and Taken... That's why I just don't have much faith in this director. I'd love to be wrong, because Miller's Deadpool is one of the best CBM of the last decade for me. I don't want it to be screwed.

As I was watching, nothing really worked for me. Intro with a dying wife made no impact, unlike, for example, Guardians of the Galaxy's similar intro. Then he gets a dog, but she's like for one minute on screen and then dead. Again, it's hard to care for that. Mob talk how John Wick is such a legendary assassin, and again - they just can't sell it. Action felt unexciting. The movie felt sterile. Same as F&F and Taken... That's why I just don't have much faith in this director. I'd love to be wrong, because Miller's Deadpool is one of the best CBM of the last decade for me. I don't want it to be screwed.

Everything that didn't work for you worked for me. Sorry to hear that you couldn't get into it. But it's really a much better film than any of the Fast & Furious or Taken.

And yeah, Miller's Deadpool is one of the best comic book adaptations for me, as well.

Every FnF & Taken movie are garbage when compared to John Wick. JW was a great action thriller.

Deadpool 2 probally comes out in february or march 2018

I would hope it's early in the year. One of the best parts about the marketing for the first Deadpool was the Valentines Day adverts and posters. Not to say that couldn't be done for any other time of the year, but also, I would wager Fox wouldn't put Deadpool 2 in a spot where it would have stiff competition.

I would hope it's early in the year. One of the best parts about the marketing for the first Deadpool was the Valentines Day adverts and posters. Not to say that couldn't be done for any other time of the year, but also, I would wager Fox wouldn't put Deadpool 2 in a spot where it would have stiff competition.

after news on new mutants it's looking like Deadpool 2 is coming in june or novemebr 2018.Fox previously had a early 2018 and june 2018 spots.

The first film began principal production in March and made it to a February release this year (even though they only 49 days of principal production), so I feel like unless Leitch revamps the film considerably, they can still make that early 2018 release date.

Though I wouldn't object to New Mutants coming first if it's further ahead in production compared to Deadpool 2.

Just how many Comic book films are coming out in 2018 lol. The early March 2018 date is the best untitled Fox/Marvel film date in such a crowded year. That date should be for Deadpool 2.

Just how many Comic book films are coming out in 2018 lol. The early March 2018 date is the best untitled Fox/Marvel film date in such a crowded year. That date should be for Deadpool 2.

It seems like Fox are targeting the spring 2018 release date for New Mutants. Hey, the project had a major setback with Tim Miller leaving the director's seat. David Leitch is probably making contributions to the script, and Tim Miller's designs (which he had already started working on) will probably be scrapped in favor of the new director's style and take on things (judging by John Wick Leitch is a visualist, as well, and probably has a specific look in mind for Deadpool and his world). That takes time, and cameras were supposed to start rolling in March with Miller at the helm. So if Deadpool 2 is released in November 2018, that's completely fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"