Deadpool Deadpool Discussion- SPOILER WARNING!!

You are right, Blue and Yellow costumes was Singer's idea.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46217

The costumes will be far more comic bookish than we've seen before -

I saw others articles when Singer said that one month before he drop FC. For better or worse, he makes decisions for specific reason. I don't think he hates colors and FC, Psylock, Magneto prove that. He just want to make sense in his storyline.

Bryan Singer has said before, in many ways the origin of the X-Men and the notion of a guy who would, like I say, start a Freedom Force in the basement of his house."

Bald's Xavier and colorful costumes seem to be symbolic for him. Something will happen to Xavier in XA and he will change his vision for the X Men. IMO we will see colorful costumes in the end with bald's Xavier and Danger Room. If, it's done right, it could be really powerful " Come to me my X-Men.

For Deadpool, he fits the world post DOFP where human know mutant exist. Look Colossus, he can walk in metal during the day and nobody give a s... ( taxi, highway, third act). Beside, it seems humans aren't afraid about mutant. Maybe, a blue mutant saved the president in 1973 :cwink:.

Last edited:
And that I agree with.

My point is that not all studios operate like Marvel Studios, nor do they need to. Too many people see it as just one thing. As "the Fox films," when it's very clear that the tone and style of the films is very much informed by their filmmakers and the creative team involved.

For example, Matthew Vaughn comes in and introduces the yellow and blue suits. Then Bryan Singer takes the helm, and opts for black suits.

Am I excited about future X-Men films being more faithful to the source material? Of course!

I agreed with the Fox hate when Tom Rothman was on board and the studio was pretty much putting out c**p after c**p, even outside of comic book adaptations, and every blockbuster (except for James Cameron's, Steven Spielberg's or Baz Luhrman's) or commercial film used to be dumbed down trash for the most part.

But the studio has gotten much better, and has been taking chances. And Deadpool was one of them. And once they pulled the trigger on that, they did it 100%. So instead of constantly trashing the studio, complaing about this "Fox way" and talking about how rights should revert to Marvel (which is stuff I've really heard too often now) why don't we just sit back and see what the future has in store? Especially now that Deadpool can be seen as a great turning point.

You're incorrectly lumping me in with the people who want the X-men back at Marvel. I'm not interested in the studio nonsense because I'm more than fine with the X-franchise where it is currently at. Again, all I said was that they've finally made a movie that adheres to and respects the source material and that I'm glad they were rewarded for it. It's a welcome change given that their "approach" (or lack thereof) thus far has proven to be anything but consistent. Im not saying they should try to ape what Marvels been doing but damn if Marvel doesn't have consistency.

Last edited:
I'm not lumping you in with anyone. Don't worry. I was speaking generally about the subject and about very common comments.

So I just got back from seeing Deadpool.

Wanna know how much I hated it?

Well... it's definitely my favorite movie of the year so far, and, in my opinion, the best CBM out of Fox and maybe even out of Marvel (for the record, I love the MCU, even though I'm generally a DC fanboy, so from me that's saying a lot). I'll be seeing it again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...

And then buying it on Blu-Ray.

I love so much ending. And here very good dramatic moment. Love music, and Morena playing here very impressive.
And after so romantic. Ryan, Morena and George Michael song. Beautiful).

I want to see more of Miller's X-verse, and less of Singers. That's mainly what I took away from this. Loved Colossus

Likewise. It feels like, in the background of the Deadpool movie's R-rated comedy? Is the PG-13 rated modern day X-Men that we all kind of wish we'd get.

I just got back from seeing Deadpool. So happy. Great movie. Jokes on x-men, romantic story. Great CGI on Collosus. Ferris Bueller's credit scene :D Many in cinema didnt catch it but those who did laughed hard.

Reynolds is Deadpool

8/10

Last edited:
finally got to see it this week and boy how great was Colossus he was so spot on and T.J Miller when have Deadpool the card and said "Maybe this will advance the Plot" I was gasping for air how hard I laughed and they way Teenage Warhead and Colossus costumes were I truly hate the black one they have on in the Apocalype movie

When Wade asks for the Voltron ring in the play centre and the camera gives us the close-up, was anyone else but me thinking of Devil Dinosaur upon seeing the T.rex figures next to it?

This is a good movie adaptation, unless:
Angel Dust : human mutate
Vanessa Copycat : human

whereas they are mutants in comics

Awesome movie, saw it 3 times in theaters and got it on blu-ray.

Quite faithful to Liefled's character and comics all the way and this one is like an R-rated Guardians of the Galaxy in some sort of way. Hilarious and action packed.

Glad to say this holds up damn well on BD, 3rd viewing and I was still noticing new jokes, this movie is superb.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/11-best-movies-of-2016-so-far-20160621?page=2

Deadpool

''The R-rated black sheep of the Marvel movies actually gets better with repeat viewings. If Academy voters weren't such tools and ass-hats then Ryan Reynolds would get award attention for turning snark into an art form. As Deadpool, a medical experiment gone wrong, he proves that a rogue superhero is a lot more fun with a mouth on him. Thank Reynolds and director Tim Miller for turning what should have been junk into something deliciously disreputable.''

Yh. I agree with that review. I watched it multiple times and everytime It got better. And I liked it even more.

Watched it for a 4th time, this movie stands up damn well on repeat viewings for me. The serious moments seem to hit harder ever since my first viewing, where I think the humour may have overwhelmed a bit. But now I think the mix is perfect in the movie. So much fun with a Lot of heart and good drama involved.

It holds up incredibly well!

I watched it just two weeks ago, and can't wait to see it again!

I think Deadpool is definitely a film that will last. It's a film that is 100% itself, and doesn't cater to last weekend's audience, that it just sticks with you. Just like other past films, like the original Hangover, or going back further, Ghostbusters, Predator, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, and many more.

Up until the editing stage, Tim Miller and his cast and crew put everything into this, polishing and streamlining it in order to make it THE best 108 minutes fans and the audience for this could wish for.

It's just one of those flicks! And I hope that the sequel will be ONE OF THOSE SEQUELS.

And by one of those sequels I'm talking about The Dark Knight, Aliens, Spider-Man 2, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Toy Story 2, etc.

Just a perfect Deadpool film really.

Exclusive: Concept Art From Rejected Deadpool Movie Pitch

Open spoiler tab for the concept art:

8h1JMs5l.jpg

ofooSjrl.jpg

lcwbC7il.jpg

In 2013, while 20th Century Fox was still on the fence about proceeding with an R-rated Deadpool movie helmed by Tim Miller — a visual effects guru who hadn't directed a feature film yet — the studio welcomed pitches from other filmmakers.

From November to December of that year, Kelton Cram — a professional conceptual artist that has worked on such films as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and X-Men: First Class — worked on concept art for a Deadpool pitch, coming from the mind of Jeff Wadlow, the writer and director of Kick-Ass 2.

Like in Miller's Deadpool, Wadlow wanted to show a progression/evolution of Wade Wilson's superhero costume. Setting his pitch apart from Miller's, Wadlow was planning to have the Merc with a Mouth go up against The Marauders, a team of super-villains. In the comics, The Marauders act on Mister Sinister's orders; however, it isn't known at this time if Mister Sinister would've appeared in Wadlow's film.

What direction were you given with the Deadpool designs?

Kelton Cram: We wanted to try a completely new direction with the suit. More of an origin suit — a self-made, makeshift suit made from motorcycle gear. As with most origin stories, this suit would go through a transition, eventually becoming something closer to the one he wears in the comics (much like the suit Blur created for Ryan Reynolds).

Deadpool is traditionally drawn with white eyes, which is something director Tim Miller utilized in his film. Was that left out of your designs because superhero films at that time typically avoided that feature?

Kelton Cram: I think Jeff Wadlow was going for a more gritty/realistic approach. The white eyes are a bit campy, though I have to admit Fox and Marvel seemed to pull it off with Deadpool and Black Panther, respectively.

The non-Deadpool design is of Random (a.k.a. Marshall Evan Stone III), who in the pitch was part of The Marauders (though in the comics, he's actually a member of The Acolytes), and seeing as though The Marauders are associated with Mister Sinister in the comics, does that mean he would've been the main villain in Wadlow's film?

Kelton Cram: I'm not really sure if he had a relation to the Sinister character. The basic idea was a merc with the ability to grow a weapon from his arm. And of course they wanted him to be huge! (Which is why I went with Stone Cold [Steve Austin] for the reference.)
Source: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/12/exclusive-pitch-art-from-an-unmade-deadpool-movie/

Ugh, Wadlow...
I'm not a fan of Kick-Ass 2. The tone is off, and it lacks the charm and vision of the original.
The idea of him directing a Deadpool movie, in which he faces the Marauders isn't appealing in the least to me.
Thank God for Tim Miller and his team!

Last edited:
Finally got round to watchin this again on blu-ray after owning for the best part of two months. Glad its still got that spark and charm on the small screen that I remember from the cinema going experience. Though the jokes and lines are now ingrained in the memory there are still moments that make me chuckle even though you know they are coming. The free-way fight with Colossus is a classic that will never get old.

No matter what happens with the sequel, be it better or worse than this, DP will always rank very highly in my fave films, comic book or otherwise, so much fun and considering a lot of what has come since has been a let down to one degree or another its a nice reminder that films can still exceed expectations and it wasnt that long ago it happened for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"