Deadpool Discussion- SPOILER WARNING!!

Discussion in 'Deadpool' started by TheSpectacular, Feb 8, 2016.

1. def28 Registered

Edit

#376 def28, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. JEM Registered

You are right, Blue and Yellow costumes was Singer's idea.
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46217

I saw others articles when Singer said that one month before he drop FC. For better or worse, he makes decisions for specific reason. I don't think he hates colors and FC, Psylock, Magneto prove that. He just want to make sense in his storyline.

Bald's Xavier and colorful costumes seem to be symbolic for him. Something will happen to Xavier in XA and he will change his vision for the X Men. IMO we will see colorful costumes in the end with bald's Xavier and Danger Room. If, it's done right, it could be really powerful " Come to me my X-Men.

For Deadpool, he fits the world post DOFP where human know mutant exist. Look Colossus, he can walk in metal during the day and nobody give a s... ( taxi, highway, third act). Beside, it seems humans aren't afraid about mutant. Maybe, a blue mutant saved the president in 1973 :cwink:.

#377 JEM, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

You're incorrectly lumping me in with the people who want the X-men back at Marvel. I'm not interested in the studio nonsense because I'm more than fine with the X-franchise where it is currently at. Again, all I said was that they've finally made a movie that adheres to and respects the source material and that I'm glad they were rewarded for it. It's a welcome change given that their "approach" (or lack thereof) thus far has proven to be anything but consistent. Im not saying they should try to ape what Marvels been doing but damn if Marvel doesn't have consistency.

#378 Flint Marko, Feb 23, 2016
  4. -JKR- Registered

I'm not lumping you in with anyone. Don't worry. I was speaking generally about the subject and about very common comments.

5. NateHevens Social Justice Warrior

So I just got back from seeing Deadpool.

Wanna know how much I hated it?

Well... it's definitely my favorite movie of the year so far, and, in my opinion, the best CBM out of Fox and maybe even out of Marvel (for the record, I love the MCU, even though I'm generally a DC fanboy, so from me that's saying a lot). I'll be seeing it again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...

And then buying it on Blu-Ray.

6. Faora Registered

I love so much ending. And here very good dramatic moment. Love music, and Morena playing here very impressive.
    And after so romantic. Ryan, Morena and George Michael song. Beautiful).

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Likewise. It feels like, in the background of the Deadpool movie's R-rated comedy? Is the PG-13 rated modern day X-Men that we all kind of wish we'd get.

8. Neno_Kos Registered

I just got back from seeing Deadpool. So happy. Great movie. Jokes on x-men, romantic story. Great CGI on Collosus. Ferris Bueller's credit scene :D Many in cinema didnt catch it but those who did laughed hard.

Reynolds is Deadpool

8/10

#383 Neno_Kos, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  9. P Supreme Registered

finally got to see it this week and boy how great was Colossus he was so spot on and T.J Miller when have Deadpool the card and said "Maybe this will advance the Plot" I was gasping for air how hard I laughed and they way Teenage Warhead and Colossus costumes were I truly hate the black one they have on in the Apocalype movie

10. DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

When Wade asks for the Voltron ring in the play centre and the camera gives us the close-up, was anyone else but me thinking of Devil Dinosaur upon seeing the T.rex figures next to it?

11. CyclopsSummers Registered

This is a good movie adaptation, unless:
    Angel Dust : human mutate
    Vanessa Copycat : human

whereas they are mutants in comics

12. Hordakfan Registered

Awesome movie, saw it 3 times in theaters and got it on blu-ray.

Quite faithful to Liefled's character and comics all the way and this one is like an R-rated Guardians of the Galaxy in some sort of way. Hilarious and action packed.

13. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Glad to say this holds up damn well on BD, 3rd viewing and I was still noticing new jokes, this movie is superb.

14. Kargo Warrior Scientist

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/11-best-movies-of-2016-so-far-20160621?page=2

Deadpool

''The R-rated black sheep of the Marvel movies actually gets better with repeat viewings. If Academy voters weren't such tools and ass-hats then Ryan Reynolds would get award attention for turning snark into an art form. As Deadpool, a medical experiment gone wrong, he proves that a rogue superhero is a lot more fun with a mouth on him. Thank Reynolds and director Tim Miller for turning what should have been junk into something deliciously disreputable.''

15. Neno_Kos Registered

Yh. I agree with that review. I watched it multiple times and everytime It got better. And I liked it even more.

16. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Watched it for a 4th time, this movie stands up damn well on repeat viewings for me. The serious moments seem to hit harder ever since my first viewing, where I think the humour may have overwhelmed a bit. But now I think the mix is perfect in the movie. So much fun with a Lot of heart and good drama involved.

17. -JKR- Registered

It holds up incredibly well!

I watched it just two weeks ago, and can't wait to see it again!

I think Deadpool is definitely a film that will last. It's a film that is 100% itself, and doesn't cater to last weekend's audience, that it just sticks with you. Just like other past films, like the original Hangover, or going back further, Ghostbusters, Predator, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, and many more.

Up until the editing stage, Tim Miller and his cast and crew put everything into this, polishing and streamlining it in order to make it THE best 108 minutes fans and the audience for this could wish for.

It's just one of those flicks! And I hope that the sequel will be ONE OF THOSE SEQUELS.

And by one of those sequels I'm talking about The Dark Knight, Aliens, Spider-Man 2, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Toy Story 2, etc.

18. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Just a perfect Deadpool film really.

19. -JKR- Registered

Source: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/12/exclusive-pitch-art-from-an-unmade-deadpool-movie/

Ugh, Wadlow...
    I'm not a fan of Kick-Ass 2. The tone is off, and it lacks the charm and vision of the original.
    The idea of him directing a Deadpool movie, in which he faces the Marauders isn't appealing in the least to me.
    Thank God for Tim Miller and his team!

#394 -JKR-, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  20. BlackFox Monster Hunter

Finally got round to watchin this again on blu-ray after owning for the best part of two months. Glad its still got that spark and charm on the small screen that I remember from the cinema going experience. Though the jokes and lines are now ingrained in the memory there are still moments that make me chuckle even though you know they are coming. The free-way fight with Colossus is a classic that will never get old.

No matter what happens with the sequel, be it better or worse than this, DP will always rank very highly in my fave films, comic book or otherwise, so much fun and considering a lot of what has come since has been a let down to one degree or another its a nice reminder that films can still exceed expectations and it wasnt that long ago it happened for me.