Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 4

Is there an actual reason given for Miller not returning?

Him and Reynolds didn't agree on stuff. That is about all I could find.

We do know that casting was going on right now. There were early reports of conflicts on who Miller wanted in the two big roles for Neena and Nate. Maybe that played a part.

Last edited:
It's very, very rare to get exact reasons for these kinds of splits. Don't expect any details.

Sadly this means no Miller for X-Force either. Bummer.

Anyway, why not discuss it all in the Deadpool 2 forum, instead of splitting up the discussion between the two?

There's a thread on Tim Miller leaving.

Him and Reynolds didn't agree on stuff. That is about all I could find.

We do know that casting was going on right now. There were early reports of conflicts on who Miller wanted in the two big roles for Neena and Nate. Maybe that played a part.

I think it certainly could have. Agreed also on X-Force, the prospects of Miller doing that were also exciting.

Sad that Tim Miller is leaving. Maybe he could now direct Gambit!

Cannot wait to see who will they cast as Domino and Cable!

For me it would be a HUGE miss if they don't cast Mackenzie. She's the best choice.

I think it certainly could have. Agreed also on X-Force, the prospects of Miller doing that were also exciting.

It does look like the reason, and yeah shame about X-Force. Though having Kinberg writing X-Force is my main concern. He needs to stay as producer.

Creative disagreements = Money.
I don't know what else they could have clashed over. They seemed so in sync with each other.
I hope he stays on for X-force, or an other Fox comic property. Fox needs to keep hold of this guy for as long as they can.

He's directing another Fox film meant for a franchise so all is good on that level. :up:

Be nice if him and Fincher get to make Goon finally.

Creative disagreements = Money.
I don't know what else they could have clashed over. They seemed so in sync with each other.
I hope he stays on for X-force, or an other Fox comic property. Fox needs to keep hold of this guy for as long as they can.

It's not money. The studio would've paid Tim Miller, not Ryan Reynolds.

Deadpool 2 Opening Credits

Directed by:
We got someone cheap this time.

:hehe:

Deadpool 2 Opening Credits

Directed by:
We got someone cheap this time.

:hehe:

Directed by: A studio hired "Yes Man'

Is there an actual reason given for Miller not returning?

The rumor is the disagreement was about who should play Cable.

http://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-director-tim-miller-exit-ryan-reynolds-creative-differences/

Miller, who owns a visual effects studio and we’re told did much of the polishing work on the original “Deadpool” for free, wanted more of a stylized sequel, while the actor placed his focus more on the raunchy comedy style that earned the first movie its R rating.

The casting issue also eventually came to a head over the possible booking of Kyle Chandler in the sequel. Mashable movie reporter Jeff Sneider first reported Chandler’s potential involvement with the “Deadpool” sequel during a “Meet the Movie Press” podcast, saying that the actor’s name has been “floating around for Cable for months.” The insider closer to the situation tells TheWrap that Miller wanted the “Bloodline” star to play Cable, though Reynolds did not and that, ultimately, the studio backed its marketable star

So FOX and Reynolds VS Tim Miller.

Honestly losing Reynolds would have been even worse and FOX is too scared to lose him.

He is the face of deadpool.

I wonder if Reynolds was gunning for Stephen lang.

It's not money. The studio would've paid Tim Miller, not Ryan Reynolds.

They would've paid Miller more over Reynolds? I'll have to fact check that. I can't see the studio picking a star over the director.

I am wondering what they will go for now, an established director or an up and comer.

I am wondering what they will go for now, an established director or an up and comer.

They will go for whoever bends over backwards and will blindly execute whatever Ryan Reynolds has in mind.

with recent news i think it's clear when time comes to do X-force deadpool will
be the wolverine of the film.

as much as fans dislike last stand and origins there has never been any reports
that was because of Hugh jackman.and jackman produced origins and his then producing partner got executive producer on last stand.Yet Reynolds forced Miller off film.and reportly one of reasons was because of casting for Cable.

Hugh Jackman is known as like the nicest guy in Hollywood next to Tom Hanks. I don't believe he'd ever pull this diva act that Reynolds is pulling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"