• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
wolverine is a bad movie and its problems make it so

I was asked to explain why I liked the movie. I did. That's still not good enough, and all that's happened since is the fanboy crusade telling me how wrong I am . Enjoy Deadpool.
you were the one that started the crusade of trying to prove how wrong we were for considering wolverine a bad movie so don't try to make yourself a victim

That's the problem I think everyone has with Nell. It's fine if he likes 'Wolverine', hell, I take guilty pleasure in Jackman's 'Van Helsing', so I'm no one to talk. :o
It's just that pseudo elitism where is simply dismisses everyone who disagrees as a case of close minded fanboyism, and then plays the victim card frequently. It's old.

Objectively, the film is flawed beyond recognition of the character. He chooses to ignore this blatant fact when people point it out.

A movie is not bad due to a lack of violence.

Sorry you all didn't like it. I did. And no, I dont see it as a "bad" movie, so its pointless telling me how flawed it is as a film because I dont see the same severity.

And CelticPred, maybe "anyone who likes x3 and wolverine has the intelligence of a 12 year old" will jog your mind.

I was asked to explain why I liked the movie. I did. That's still not good enough, and all that's happened since is the fanboy crusade telling me how wrong I am. Enjoy Deadpool.

It's bad for one reason if you dig action from movies alot.

:oldrazz:

It is impossible to consider Wolverine a bad movie when truly terrible films like Blade 2, Hellboy, Hellboy 2, Elektra, and Punisher: War Zone exist.

And its leaps and bounds better than mediocre / alright but not memorable movies like Fantastic Four, Daredevil or Ghost Rider.

Wolverine is a flawed movie, but its no del Toro movie.

Hellboy? Hellboy 2? Blade 2? :doh::wow:

Jesus Christ. :doh: No matter what movie, book, music, food, TV show, play, game, prostate exam, or whatever it comes to, no two people will have the experience or opinion. We all know that. What's the point in trying to prove to someone that their opinion is wrong? They're not going to, and they shouldn't, change their opinion.

Well...when you hate everything good, and love everything bad and make a huge deal about.....then your taste is kinda weird..aint it?

Plus, it's the internet. Not real life. Therefor, rules change. And what they like, is who they are, ect...all that ****y jazzz.

That's the problem I think everyone has with Nell. It's fine if he likes 'Wolverine', hell, I take guilty pleasure in Jackman's 'Van Helsing', so I'm no one to talk. :o
It's just that pseudo elitism where is simply dismisses everyone who disagrees as a case of close minded fanboyism, and then plays the victim card frequently. It's old.

Objectively, the film is flawed beyond recognition of the character. He chooses to ignore this blatant fact when people point it out.

No, my problem is that my liking of Wolverine is only accepted if it comes with a disclaimer of being a "guilty pleasure". The notion that me genuinely liking Wolverine being wrong has been something running rampant around here since the movie came out, and even longer when you take into consideration my liking of X-Men 3. That "pseudo elitism" that you're talking about comes from all the **** I've taken over the years for having the audacity to like X-Men 3, and Wolverine, and that opinion is only allowed if it's considered a "guilty pleasure". Wolverine isn't a guilty pleasure for me. I genuinely like it. And people on this forum have taken issue with that since 2009. Because people around here can't accept the opinion that someone may like X-Men 3 and Wolverine as more than just "guilty pleasures". It's rather annoying and obnoxious.

I don't care about your taste in film, man. Seriously. It's just baffling how you refuse to acknowledge what has been pointed out about its mistakes in both plotting and depictions of the characters.

All you ever go on to say is, "it does not make it inherently bad." It kinda does, bro.

The notion that me genuinely liking Wolverine being wrong has been something running rampant around here since the movie came out

Well, to be fair to us, it's more the notion of ANYONE genuinely liking Wolverine :p

Look, the fact of the matter is, there are many ways to look at a film.... To say whether you liked/enjoyed it or didn't like/enjoy it is a subjective assessment, which no one can take away from you. To say it is a good/well made or bad/poorly made film is OBJECTIVE because it's based on tangible evidence, such as how well the script comes together, lighting, action scenes, acting, all these tangible things that CAN be judged, and Wolverine just doesn't match up.

This is about the movie, not you. Don't try and peg yourself as someone being victimised, it's simply not true. You say you love X3? I personally find it a bit out of place in the X-series, but as a movie it's fine! It looks gorgeous in some parts, no random cuts, the story beats all connect. On a technical level, the film works. I would say most problems people have with that movie is mainly on a story level, but that itself IS more subjective. Wolverine, however, is a very different movie to X3.

I was kinda on your side before, but as I said, liking a bad film is one thing, which is fine if you can own it, but being in denial that a film is bad is just silly. You're allowed to like whatever you damn well want, but please let the evidence speak for itself. I mean, if Patrick Stewarts badly CGI'd face cut onto a mannequins body isn't enough to make you see that, I don't know what is.

Wolverine has flaws. Lots and lots of them.

If you can overlook those flaws and still get enjoyement out of the movie? Good for you.

But don't flat out deny that those flaws are there, because that makes you look stupid.

I never denied those flaws exist. Did you all not see my posts? I pointed them out pretty plainly. It is a flawed film, and that is one reason why it's my least favorite of the series.

What I don't agree with is the severity of the "bad". You all are going to the extreme that the "bad" makes it some horribly unredeemable film that can only be enjoyed as a "guilty pleasure". I see it's "bad" as detracting from the potential that it had, and not allowing it to be as good as it could have been, but still having "good" elements as well that make the movie as a whole just fine. Flawed. But fine. Not how I'd make a movie, but not so bad that it's just some steaming pile of trash.

CGI??? Really??? Yes. The CGI in the movie is downright awful in a number of places. But calling the film bad because of bad CGI is like saying Nintendo games suck because they have bad graphics. :doh::doh::doh:

CGI??? Really??? Yes. The CGI in the movie is downright awful in a number of places. But calling the film bad because of bad CGI is like saying Nintendo games suck because they have bad graphics. :doh::doh::doh:

And you ask if we read your posts...

This is why people continue to bash you, Nell. You come across as if you're looking down on people who can't see what you see in Wolverine.

I guess we're all rabid fanboys jerking off to Nolan's vest. :whatever:

I was using that particular example but I could use more if you like... The flooding of unnecessary characters, who didn't further the story or contribute in any way and only seemed to serve as a distraction from the title characters development, in what is easily the most important story in the characters entire arc?

Or the plotholes, such as Gambit calling him 'Logan' when he wasn't introduced that way at all...

Or the poorly and choppily edited fight scenes? Or the visible strings on Sabretooth in the bar fight?

I was using that particular example but I could use more if you like... The flooding of unnecessary characters, who didn't further the story or contribute in any way and only seemed to serve as a distraction from the title characters development, in what is easily the most important story in the characters entire arc?

Or the plotholes, such as Gambit calling him 'Logan' when he wasn't introduced that way at all...

Or the poorly and choppily edited fight scenes? Or the visible strings on Sabretooth in the bar fight?
Lol:lmao:

haha yea that's another thing. Even as an action movie it's kinda lame. Especially the Wolverine vs Creed fights. They really were pretty dull and unimaginative. I expected so much more from them.

Ironically the only good action scenes were the first Wade Wilson scene with the chopping bullets out of the air, the start of the Gambit vs Wolverine fight and the final part of the barakapool fight.

The best part is Wolverine slicing down that poor ladder, while Gambit continues to move up.

SO ****ing funny.

I'd say the only cool moments of the whole film were Wade Wilson pre-mouth stitching, the opening credits montage, the scene were Creed sticks his hand through Wraiths spine and maybe some of the Canadian lumberjack Wolverine stuff.... Now, if only these moments were somehow connected by a well constructed film.

I agree Wolverine has many flaws, but I do enjoy the film. And I generally agree with what most people say about Wolverine (and to an extent X3--honestly, I think the good outweighs the bad in X3)...but to each his own...

...any news on Deadpool? I've been too busy lurking in the Spidey (is Spidey's crotch really that important?) and Bat (I like Bane's costume) threads...

Just the same interviews with Reynolds where he is saying they are working on it right now. The most recent one is on the Deadpool Bugle. Says he is doing RIPD next then is doing Deadpool.

In the first scene Reynolds appears in of the Change-Up, he's twirling a katana around in his apartment.

Fun fact, 'Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool' is an anagram of 'Deapool is Ryan Reynolds'. True story, try it yourself. I was completely blown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"