Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that they start soon. The script is perfect, I MUST see it on the big screen!

Also, is it bad that when my friend & me watched Buried last weekend that we kept making DP jokes?

I'd like to think that the whole situation in buried was DP's revenge on ryan for going to make Green Lantern before his movie.

Is this movie ever going to happen? Lauren Schuler Donner has talked up a Constantine sequel for six years that has never materialized.

Is this movie ever going to happen? Lauren Schuler Donner has talked up a Constantine sequel for six years that has never materialized.

They have a director, writer, and everything all set. Ryan's filming another movie at the moment though.

Or they could you know move on without Ryan Reynolds. I don't see why Ryan Reynolds is necessary to make this movie. A better actor can play Deadpool probably better than him. The movie has no connection with Wolverine so it doesn't matter.

No what? Why is everyone so attached to the idea of Reynolds playing Deadpool? He's not that good. He's not a draw and he's not a big star.

This is a heavy makeup and stunt role. For that I'd sooner look at someone like Doug Jones before Ryan Reynolds.

No what? Why is everyone so attached to the idea of Reynolds playing Deadpool? He's not that good. He's not a draw and he's not a big star.

People are attached to Reynolds because he played the character great with what he had to work with, he was one of the key players in getting the project off the ground, he's passionate about the character, he interacted with the writers heavily on the screenplay, he is a big star (find one person who doesn't know his name) and he's a great actor.

LOL @ Change Up being Deadpool.

He's not a big star. He can't open a movie on his name alone. Lots of actors have heavy input on scripts and the writing process to things that don't end up materializing.

I'm just saying, if it means making the movie maybe with a better actor . . . why not do it?

To me its silly that the idea is that only Ryan Reynolds can only play Deadpool considering he was hardly even in Wolverine which was hardly even a legit take on Deadpool that most fans hated and were disappointed with. I still don't get why some fans are fixated on the idea that it has to be Ryan Reynolds. Reynolds has already moved on. If he were that committed to this project and character I think he would've done it by now. Instead he did Green Lantern and RIPD.

**** Ryan Reynolds. He helped put this movie in development hell by taking Green Lantern (which he surely knew would be crap, unless he didn't bother reading the script).

He went after the $$$ with GL and it backfired on him. The Deadpool script is widely regarded as a great screenplay, he should have done Deadpool. Who knows, it maybe would have made more money than GL anyway?

So yea, **** Reynolds. Get Woody Harrellson in. Think a mix of his Mickey Knox from Natural Born Killers and Tallahassee from Zombieland.

Well I won't fault Reynolds for taking Green Lantern. I mean look what happened in Entourage when Vinnie tried to do that drug dealer movie instead of the Aquaman sequels. Life is ironic sometimes.

At the same time, if he was truly committed to this project you would think he would've done it by now.

As for him talking about it, lots of actors talk about or pursue passion projects that don't materialize.

RR > All.

Not his fault Fox had nothing to give him. They had a script, but did they ever look for a director? No. He did GL because it was going to happen. How can anyone fault him for that?

Now they have a director because they saw Reynolds exploding. He was game....remember? He did the X-Men nonsense, just to do the actual movie.

Yea, but I just think if he didn't take GL, this movie would be much further along by now.

And I just think Harrellson would be awesome as Deadpool.

Deadpool is supposed to be Reynolds next movie after RIPD, if it doesnt shoot after RIPD then its ****ed.

From what weve heard, everything in Deadpool is set up from Reynolds specifically. Not saying other actors cant play him, but we would have to endure more rewrites. This is the project Reynolds has been anticipating the most for almost a decade. I believe hes Producing and also had a hand in the script. Im sure the reason for the hold is FOX and everyones just trying to be cool about it. They need to state a start date instead of saying its gonna happen over an over. Just make the ****ing movie already.

Last edited:
He's not a big star. He can't open a movie on his name alone.

So this movie should star either Johnny Depp, Adam Sandler, Brad Pitt, Will Smith, or Robert Downey, Jr?

He didn't do Green Lantern, Safe House, and RIPD instead of Deadpool. He did it while FOX was still lollygagging around without a director.

To me that just shows lack of commitment on Fox's part that they even want to make the movie. And I think not having a big star or draw in Reynolds attached to it reinforces that. Yeah let's make a big comic book movie starring the dude from the maligned Green Lantern movie.

To me that just shows lack of commitment on Fox's part that they even want to make the movie. And I think not having a big star or draw in Reynolds attached to it reinforces that. Yeah let's make a big comic book movie starring the dude from the maligned Green Lantern movie.

Well they finally signed a director two months before Green Lantern even came out so... That's not it. You just don't like Reynolds and are trying to make it look like everyone else doesn't either.

Directing deals expire. Matthew Vaughn was "signed" to direct Thor at one point.

No I don't like Reynolds. So I don't get why people are so attached to this idea of him playing Deadpool especially considering his only filmed connection with the character was that POS Wolverine movie that totally messed up the character.

Fox didn't take this long to make Elektra.

His connection in general goes back to Blade Trinity though and has been the one responsible for getting the film moving, Rated R and having the film stay in tone with the comics. No Reynolds, no Deadpool.

If its not filming after RIPD like they mentioned, then its in trouble.

So what. George Clooney for years has steered the ship in getting A Man From UNCLE movie going and I think he wanted to play the lead. That more than likely isn't happening right now.

As far as movement, I see nothing right now. There is no movie or R-rating period. I doubt Fox would let it get out with the R-rating anyway.

This has a script, Director and Lead. Tim Miller was hired to Direct because he came cheap and they needed that in order for them to do the film they want (which is a hard R) they wont have a big budget like other Super Hero flicks.

Donner on the R rating
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Inte...ool-And-Delayed-Japanese-Wolverine-26644.html
If we make the movie it needs to be a rated R film. Otherwise you can’t make it. As for Tim, most of the advertisements for the games you play, everybody plays, he does those. He’s just…it would give it a very different look, a very different feel, which would be totally appropriate for Deadpool. Again, I don’t want people to feel like they’ve seen these movies before. Every movie has to have its own identity, and he will bring a whole different visual style to it. Very different visual style. And he’s funny! He fits right into that world. He fits right in. He’s perfect.
More things lead to it being R then not. The Script they have will need to be scrapped if they want a pg-13. But your right, there is no movement right now, doesnt mean its not gonna happen for sure. There is zero evidence of that besides the "If we make it" that gets mentioned every now and then. Its said to shoot next year. Nothing has been mentioned of that not happening.

Last edited:
If it gets made it will be rated R. They are gonna make it for like 50 million dollars. A Deadpool film wouldn't, and shouldn't, be a 100 million dollar movie.

I still want Woody Harrellson though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"