Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do have a good script. But it's too "out there" for Fox. It makes fun of one of their movies in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I can honestly imagine these philistine studio execs sitting there reading the script with bemused looks on their faces and not understanding the meta humour and satire.

Ryan Reynolds during Green Lantern panel:

"Deadpool is not a villain, he's an *******," Reynolds clarifies. Reynolds tells a fan he doesn't want to discuss the prospects of a Deadpool feature film, saying there are too many unknowns, but he enjoyed playing the character, would have done some things differently, and if they do a movie, they'll do it the right way — "hard R."

http://www.newsarama.com/film/wondercon-2011-green-lantern-movie-110401.html

If Green Lantern is a hit, I bet you Warner Bros. won't let him play Deadpool.

So root for Green Lantern to fail ;) .

Warner Bros don't have him tied down to some golden handcuffs deal do they?

I don't think Green Lantern will fail, per se, but i don't see it being a major success anyway.

Well, movie companies want actors in other movies. The more movies the actor is in. The better it is for them. More exposure the actor has... The better.

Ign interview with Reynolds. Mentions Deadpool. Says it could happen this year and there is a Director being mentioned that everyones excited about. Talks about Deadpool at 1:35.

Good to hear.

[YT]AWVMXiCfi_8[/YT]

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/x-men-vfx-wiz-tim-miller-to-direct-deadpool/
EXCLUSIVE: Tim Miller, who has done strong visual effects work on X-Men and other VFX-heavy films, is negotiating with 20th Century Fox to make his feature directing debut on X-Men Origins: Deadpool, the X-Men spinoff film expected to star Ryan Reynolds. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are writing the script and Lauren Shuler Donner is producing. In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Reynolds made his first appearance as Deadpool, also known as Wade Wilson, a smart-mouthed mercenary with terminal cancer who undergoes military experiments in an attempt to replicate Wolverine's mutant healing factor. He comes away with the ability to heal quickly, but for the price of being indestructible he is rendered severely scarred. His acerbic attitude remains, though, earning him the nickname "The Merc with a Mouth." Reynolds will next be seen starring as another superhero, Green Lantern for Warner Bros.

It looks like I could be wrong and this actully gets made.If Deadline says a Director Is In Negorations then It IS almost certainly true.

They do have a good script. But it's too "out there" for Fox. It makes fun of one of their movies in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I can honestly imagine these philistine studio execs sitting there reading the script with bemused looks on their faces and not understanding the meta humour and satire.
How do you know that? If the script was leaked on the net can you give the link on this thread:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=351265

His resumé, according to IMDB.

2010 Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (creative supervisor: Blur Studio)

2006 Night at the Museum (inferno supervisor: Rhythm & Hues)

2004 Friday Night Lights (compositing supervisor: montage - as Timothy I. Miller)

2003 The Rundown (lead Inferno artist: Rhythm & Hues)

2003 Gigli (Inferno artist)

2003 X2 (Inferno artist)

2003 Daredevil (Inferno artist)

2001 Planet of the Apes (Inferno artist)

2001 Cats & Dogs (Inferno artist)

2001 Dr. Dolittle 2 (Inferno artist: Rhythm & Hues - as Tim I. Miller)

2000 How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Inferno artist)

2000 X-Men (Inferno artist)

1998 Babe: Pig in the City (Inferno artist: Rhythm & Hues)

1995 Johnny Mnemonic (visual effects animator: SPI)

should be interesting keep in mind Joe Johnson and James cameron did Visual Effects before becoming directors themselves

Im just stoked its finally moving ahead. Sounds like Zack Galifinakis had to drop out of RIPD for some reason so hopefully thats another sign of Deadpool advancing quicker.

So did the Brothers Strause

There are ****** Directors everywhere. Cant judge this guy till we see his work. Would have prefered someone with a decent Directing resume but they do have good writers and the perfect actor for Deadpool. I dont think anyone wants to mess him up again.

Fincher did effects first...yeah, he sucks.

I dont give a **** who directs it. As long as they use that script, and Reynolds, i'm so ****ing sold. I'm excited. YES!

There are ****** Directors everywhere. Cant judge this guy till we see his work. Would have prefered someone with a decent Directing resume but they do have good writers and the perfect actor for Deadpool. I dont think anyone wants to mess him up again.
Of course. But let's not bring up James Cameron and pretend it always works out like that.

I really don't see RR doing this film at this point based on his GL franchise, the director choice, and the other films he has lined up.

Soooo, fingers crossed?

I really don't see RR doing this film at this point based on his GL franchise, the director choice, and the other films he has lined up.

He confirmed many times at wondercon hes still go for the role and Green Lantern has no impact on him playing Deadpool or not.

Could go either way.

I'm not too confident though; first time director under FOX...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"