Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan Jones is in talks now for directing Wolvie.

He's a great director. I doubt he'll do it though. Unless he is willing to be messed with a bit. Aronofsky didn't leave because of travel or whatever the crap excuse was. He left because he couldn't make the movie he wanted to make.

I'd put a million bucks on it.

Duncan's going to get on the **** list soon.....poor guy. Fox is going to **** with his face.

He's a great director. I doubt he'll do it though. Unless he is willing to be messed with a bit. Aronofsky didn't leave because of travel or whatever the crap excuse was. He left because he couldn't make the movie he wanted to make.

I'd put a million bucks on it.

You lost the bet. He only accepted the job because of $$$, but since Black Swan was a surprise box office success he found himself getting the money to invest in the movies he actually wanted to make. It's in this article.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/second-thoughts-on-darren-aronofskys-the-wolverine-exit/

It was all about the money for him this whole time for this movie, not that it's that bad.

Makes sense. Sucks though, every fan really wanted him to make that flick.
Would have been cool to see.

Hey, there's no proof of that, just some thoughts. Money could've been a factor, but I'm with Morn, they were probably forcing him.

Also, why in the **** did they HAVE to FILM it in Japan? Why not go somewhere else?

Was wondering the same thing. They could easily use other locations or sets.

Because that was where the movie was set? Japan has such a unique landscape, you can't fake that up. Also, that's not how Dazza rolls

Well, yes you can. You can fake any location. Grab some plants, grab some blue screen, and you're golden child.

Toronto is basicly New York now according to movies. Vancover has been pretty much any mid west any town USA.....

So there's no excuse why they HAD to film in Japan.

Hey, there's no proof of that, just some thoughts. Money could've been a factor, but I'm with Morn, they were probably forcing him.

I just don't think that was the case. Sure, it's easy to blame Fox, really easy, and it definitely could be a "Boy who cried Wolf" situation. But they had a script in place and dropped out during location scouting. Once again the travel could another reason but I believe Deadline since Deadline is pretty much the most reliable movie news source in Hollywood.

Well, yes you can. You can fake any location. Grab some plants, grab some blue screen, and you're golden child.

Toronto is basicly New York now according to movies. Vancover has been pretty much any mid west any town USA.....

Typically for American productions, New Zealand replaces Japan, for example The Last Samurai.

I just don't think that was the case. Sure, it's easy to blame Fox, really easy, and it definitely could be a "Boy who cried Wolf" situation. But they had a script in place and dropped out during location scouting. Once again the travel could another reason but I believe Deadline since Deadline is pretty much the most reliable movie news source in Hollywood.
It might not be a huge forcing...but even a little bit of forcing, if you dont agree can be really annoying.

CelticPredaot said:

You clearly don't know the way Arrenovsky works then.

Well, i'm obviously not him.

You clearly dont know how filmmaking works. Take that!

It might not be a huge forcing...but even a little bit of forcing, if you dont agree can be really annoying.

Maybe they could forced a little. I just don't think Fox would be dumb enough to get away with forcing Aronosky, a guy who is a higher caliber than Gavin Hood, Brett Ratner, Tim Story and Mark Steven Johnston.

I know how your idea of 'generic filmmaking' works sure, but I also know that not every film maker applies to the lazy, 'plants and green screen' approach. While Fox might be happy with that take (Wolverine was so painfully NOT Canada it just hurt me....I also recognised about 10 different Sydney locations. So lazy) that is the exact opposite of the way Arrenovsky likes to make films.

With the exception of perhaps The Fountain, which was largely made on a sound stage because of budget cuts, he makes his films as authentically as possible, not only filming in the real, actual locations of the films but he gets his actors to do some improvised type method actory stuff within those locations, like Mickey Rourke working at a Brooklyn Supermarket for the Wrestler and Natalie Portman actually training for Ballet in that very centre for 2 months leading up the film.

Also, this is the guy who left Robocop after writing a full script, the moment MGM mentioned '3D'. Are we really surprised he left Fox? He was also going to do Batman at one point too. He's got a bit of a history with this kind of thing.

But I don't know how film making works, so don't listen to me.

You might have until you used that emoticon.

Childish people... and this is the Hype..... so it wasn't exactly an outlandish assumption.

Thought it was Fire in the Sky? Havnt seen that for awhile.

Im glad Arronofsky didnt do Batman. WB took him off the project I think. He admitted to doing that just for a paycheck and so he could make The Fountain, this could easily be the same situation. He probably has another movie he would rather make now.

Of course filming in Japan would be preferred but given the situation over there and if if this film wants to get made this year I say use other locations. Other locations can be used well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"