• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Decoding THE MATRIX TRILOGY anyone? Discuss the films here.

Kevin Roegele said:
No Wachowski commentaries. But there are commentaries by guys who hate the films! Seriously.

In the UK, DVDs fall in price so quickly. I picked up the 10-disc set for £20, when it was released only a year and a half ago for £70. :up:
it went down from 52$

to

30$:(

what does it have that the other seperate dvds dont?

xwolverine2 said:
so much money$:(

are the commentaries good?...i have yet to listen to them. i love listening to commentaries.... but the wachowskys dont speak, just like god

Both commentaries by cornel west and ken wilber and strangely by critics are good.
But if the Return to the source segment is better IMO

xwolverine2 said:
it went down from 52$

to

30$:(

what does it have that the other seperate dvds dont?

* Disc 1: The Matrix
* New digital transfer
* A written introduction by the Wachowski Brothers
* 2 new commentaries by philosophers and critics
* ROM feature
* Disc 2: The Matrix Revisited
* A feature-length mind-expanding look at The Matrix from conception to phenomenon
* 17 behind-the-scenes and making-of featurettes
* Music-only audio track
* Disc 3: The Matrix Reloaded
* New digital transfer
* ROM feature
* Disc 4: The Matrix Reloaded Revisited
* Go to the second chapter's furthest reaches
* 21 behind-the-scenes and making-of featurettes
* 23 extra scenes shot for Enter the Matrix video game
* Disc 5: The Matrix Revolutions
* ROM feature
* Disc 6: The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
* The cataclysmic final confrontation is chronicled
* 29 behind-the-scenes and making-of featurettes
* Disc 7: The Animatrix
* 9 short films from pioneering anime directors exploring the world of The Matrix
* Disc 8: The Roots of the Matrix
* Cinematic, historical, philosophical and technological inspirations are explored
* 2 insightful new documentaries
* Disc 9: The Burly Man Chronicles
* Probe the society of actors, craftspeople, and filmmakers who shaped the movie trilogy and Enter the Matrix video game
* 21 featurettes
* Disc 10: The Zion Archive
* Production assets developed for The Matrix Universe
* Concept artwork
* Storyboards
* Drawings
* Music videos
* TV spots and trailers

Basically, there's so much stuff there than after watching it all, you'll feel like you made the films yourself.

If you wanna compare the transfers of the old M1 dvd with the new transfers see the pics below :

THE_MATRIX_16X9LB_N_AMERICA-0_1100546855.jpg

Matrix-0_1100546879.jpg

THE_MATRIX_16X9LB_N_AMERICA-10_1100546983.jpg

Matrix-11_1100547052.jpg

Oh and if you want to know the running time of the extras

Disc 4 Reloaded Revisited :
ETM scenes , 23 in total all of them being more or less a minute long 23 min
I'll Handle Them ( 4 parts) , discussing the chateau fight 17 min .
Car Chase ( 8 parts) , discussing the car chase. 55 min
Unplugged , details the Burly Brawl 40 min
tea House fhgt ( 2 part) 7 min.
Total running time around 2 hours and 22 min.

Disc 6 Revolutions Revisited :
Crew ( 4 part) ,talks about the crew of Reloaded and Revolutions 24 min
Hell ( 6 parts) , talks about the Hellcoat scene , including all the S&M people 27 min
SuperBurly Brawl ( 4 parts) , talks about the superbrawl 17 min
Aftermath (4 parts) , talking about the score , sound effects and editing 36 min
Total Running time around 1 hr and 44 min

Disc 8 :
Return to Source: The Philosophy of The Matrix 1 hour
The Hard Problem: The Science Behind the 1 hour
Total Running time 2 hrs

Disc 9 : The Burly Man Chronicles
Details the shoot of Reloaded and Revolutions
94 min
There are 23 short scenes that you can also access during the shoot. They also take some time ( i think it's also one hour long).
FTotal running time here : two and a hal hour.

The animatrix and the matrix revisited disc are the same.

holy crap!..........i should have got those!:(x1,000,000,000

why is it that they dont advertise it like that!!!...i would have totally bought it!

How many here think that this Trilogy should have been the trilogy for this Generation. Instead of LOTR or STWR PRQLS?

It's great to see the quality of the transfers, I love how they have put the Matrix green in M1.

Sorry if this has been posted before, there are some cool easter eggs on disc 8 of the ultimate collection, I think if you go to languages or set up and click on the Warner Brothers company information in the center of the screen, the screen turns into Matrix code and there is a mini doc on M1 as Joseph Campbell's Hero's journey and other cool stuff. One guy explains that a billboard in the highway chase reads STEAK, this is an access code on the Matrix official site. Someone explains what the numbers shown in the trilogy means. For example when Smith appears in the car in Reloaded the license plate reads IS5416. In the bible, Isiah 54:16 is - Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth coals in the fire, and bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have the waster to destroy.

Maximum_Carnage said:
How many here think that this Trilogy should have been the trilogy for this Generation. Instead of LOTR or STWR PRQLS?

*raises hand*

Me , i think this should've been this generation's trilogy.
Who's with me *echo*echo*

It's the epic trilogy for me. You can keep going back to it and finding new things. Your opinion on what it all means can change totally.

Isn't there also supposed to be in this set all of the FMVs from Enter The Matrix Video Game ? At least the live Action stuff

What are FMV's :confused:

I know that this set does include all the live action game footage of Enter The Matrix so is that what you mean ?

Okaaayyyy........

I don't play any games , so yeah . Dunno the gaming lingo that well :o

In some ways, I wish they never made the sequels to the Matrix. That film is a classic and should stand on it's own.

Hey to each his own. :)

Some people , like me , love the sequels.
Some don't .

I love the sequels too. They don't really hold a candle to the first, but they're underrated in my opinion.

matrix_ghost said:
Hey to each his own. :)

Some people , like me , love the sequels.
Some don't .

I mean, the sequels are enjoyable, but I just think they were unnecessary. Plus, they went way over the top with the material and lost the edge of the original in the process.

I love the good parts of the sequels. However the story doesn't flow as cohesively as it did in the first one and some parts are just overdone cgi fx for the sake of cgi fx. That's not good filmmaking. The fx should only serve to enhance the story not overshadow it.

Wesyeed said:
I love the good parts of the sequels. However the story doesn't flow as cohesively as it did in the first one and some parts are just overdone cgi fx for the sake of cgi fx. That's not good filmmaking. The fx should only serve to enhance the story not overshadow it.

Exactly. :up:

theShape said:
In some ways, I wish they never made the sequels to the Matrix. That film is a classic and should stand on it's own.

This is the way I feel, the sequels just didn't deliver, the ending of the Matrix was awesome, that last line should've laid the groundwork for the sequels "I'm not hear to tell you how this end, only how it will begin. I'm going to hang up this phone and show the people a world without you, without boundaries" obviously not an exact quote, but the sequels should've exploited that Neo waked more people up, showing them the world they're living in isn't real. Also, Zion should've been very low tech, I hated how high tech it was. Ultimately the sequels failed in my mind because it feel into the same old sequel trap, bigger action, bigger explosions and in the case of the Matrix bigger pschyobabble.

The Matrix had an ending much like Unbreakable, it was the beginning of the story and I wish I didn't see the middle and end, the origin was more than enough.

xwolverine2 said:
i pity those idiots
Why....? :confused: they dont explain why he had powers in the real world...so....

and Im also mad that you are calling me an idiot indirectly :cmad:....:(

matrix_ghost said:
Okaaayyyy........

I don't play any games , so yeah . Dunno the gaming lingo that well :o
so you didnt play enter the matrix?.........

awesome game........short......but awesome

However the story doesn't flow as cohesively as it did in the first one
i think thats the reason people hate it.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"