• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Decoding THE MATRIX TRILOGY anyone? Discuss the films here.

Sentinel X said:
Why....? :confused: they dont explain why he had powers in the real world...so....

and Im also mad that you are calling me an idiot indirectly :cmad:....:(
idiot:ghost:

xwolverine2 said:
Then explain why he had powers in the real world...cause that made no sense if the real world wasn't another program of the matrix...and all that orange code neo was seeing(similar to the green code in the matrix)...???

I wanted Revolutions to explore The Architect character a bit more.

"What do you think I am? Human?"-Architect

Who thinks Morpheus should have played a much more larger, important role in Revolutions?

I certainly think so...

Sentinel X said:
Then explain why he had powers in the real world...cause that made no sense if the real world wasn't another program of the matrix...and all that orange code neo was seeing(similar to the green code in the matrix)...???

The real world was not part of the Matrix. Neo is connected to the machines. That's all the explanation the films give you.

MARVELous M said:
Who thinks Morpheus should have played a much more larger, important role in Revolutions?

I certainly think so...

I love Morpheus' character arc. He goes from being a mysterious, charismatic Obi-Wan/Yoda figure to being just a normal, humble man in Zion (in a red jumper). He was the obsessed visionnary searching for a saviour only he believed was out there, and when he found him, Morpheus became like everyone else, a normal person hoping that the hero he found would save them all.

Who esle thought the huge throwdown in the end of Revolutions was pretty badass?

That was my favorite part of that sequel. The music made that scene.

I'll say yes to that. The entire sequence is just mindblowing.

One thing I remember is that I saw the teaser at the end of Reloaded a million times, because at the time I was working for a movie theater. When Neo and Smith run at each other, it immediately cuts to the big simultaneous punch that sends them each flying.

Then, when I finally saw the movie, I was excited when, after running towards each other, they do a bit of fighting before the "punch." Every time I watch that fight scene I think of that, because I saw the teaser so many damn times.

Sentinel X said:
thats one of those things where you can interpret in different but the same ways

KAENUWEEVES-2f.jpg

Ofcourse, I love the first one. Great, surprsing, refreshing action sequences. And a valuable addition to pop-culture. I liked the philosphical element, even though it was really screaming: Look! I'm The Allegory of the Cave by Plato!

The second one is just mind-numbing. And is little more than a string of action sequences. Which goes for revolutions as well. Hugo Weaving is awesome in all three though.

And why does the final part of a trilogy always require characters dying? it's just becoming predictable. When Trinity died I was like; yeah, sure!

He's a great way to uncode the trilogy...

The Matrix - Great
The Matrix Reloaded - Sucked
The Matrix Revolutions - sucked even more then Reloaded

Watching 2 and 3 it's hrad to imagine they were made by the same guys that made the first one. Reloaded and Revolutions are self-indulgent, preachy, talky, long-winded and boring. The third one is embarrasingly bad.

He's a great way to uncode the trilogy...

The Matrix - Great
The Matrix Reloaded - Sucked
The Matrix Revolutions - sucked even more then Reloaded

Watching 2 and 3 it's hard to imagine they were made by the same guys that made the first one. Reloaded and Revolutions are self-indulgent, preachy, talky, long-winded and boring. The third one is embarrasingly bad.

You're just saying that Reloaded and Revolutions were bad because you didn't "get" them, with all their multi-layered metaphors and deeper meanings and religious references and....

No, just kidding. You're right - they both sucked big time. :word:

I am currently in the process of viewing the trilogy. It was my original plan to watch all three in one night but, things don't always go my way.

I watched the first one a couple weeks ago and Reloaded tonight. Reloaded WOULD have been better if they had not 'overpacked' the highway chase. It was just too much, for me at least, and really threw me off track with the rest of the movie.

In my opinion, it would have been better if they only included the Twins and not the agents. There was WAY TOO MUCH going on there and it made the rest of the movie seem bland.

Still, The Matrix Trilogy IS one of he best trilogies ever and does wonders for expanding the conventional realms of normal, everday human reality.

It's my plan to watch Revolutions tomorrow or Sunday which means, It'll probably be a couple weeks before I watch it.

Nonetheless, I'll post a fresh review of Reloaded and the trilogy when I've finished.

And in case your wondering, I have seen them all before.

You're just saying that Reloaded and Revolutions were bad because you didn't "get" them, with all their multi-layered metaphors and deeper meanings and religious references and....

No, just kidding. You're right - they both sucked big time. :word:

You had me there for a second...or two.

amazing films any which way you want to cut it and leaps and bounds above the standard action sci fi fare. i think some of you need to watch the 2nd film with the subtitles on...you may see a new film that you missed amongst the 'kung fu' for 20 minutes.

Amazing first film. The second two were good too, but I only have the first simply because things got too complicated for me to keep up with. I'm usually pretty film-competent but I had a lot of trouble with a lot of what the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions put on the table.

There were some great scenes in the sequels -- Neo vs. all of the Agent Smiths and the Machines war were both really cool.

i think some of you need to watch the 2nd film with the subtitles on...you may see a new film that you missed amongst the 'kung fu' for 20 minutes.

That's a double edged sword. You might ovelook the terrible acting a bit but the laughably bad diaogue would stick out even more.

That's a double edged sword. You might ovelook the terrible acting a bit but the laughably bad diaogue would stick out even more.
I think they kinda had bad dialogue in all of them. In the first one Neo doesn't get to say more than 3 sentences at a time until the very end. :oldrazz:

But yeah, the dialogue in Reloaded just slapped you over the head with, "Hey! There's an important theme in here! Pay attention! Or heck, I'll just mention it in extreme detail so you know we did a lot of research on this thing!"

I think they kinda had bad dialogue in all of them. In the first one Neo doesn't get to say more than 3 sentences at a time until the very end. :oldrazz:

But yeah, the dialogue in Reloaded just slapped you over the head with, "Hey! There's an important theme in here! Pay attention! Or heck, I'll just mention it in extreme detail so you know we did a lot of research on this thing!"

I wouldn't say it was bad in the first one, just basic. A raw dialogue for a film that kind of shocked most of us how cool it was.

The second and third seemed like they were written by mental institution patients. So preachy and rediculous, it's just funny now. If the sequels are on, I watch them and I think of them as a Mel Brooks spoof.

It still shocks me that after the great first one, that was the best they could do?

The ultimate failing of many sequels: They try so hard to be better than the original that they eliminate what made the original popular in the first place.

Love the first Matrix, hate the sequels.

I loved the first.
liked the action in the second.
and loved the last battle between Neo and the agent in the third. just this. that's it.

Anyone else find it hilarious how a major portion of Matrix Revolutions was just shooting and screaming?

I rank 'em like this from my favorite to least favorite.

1. The Matrix Reloaded
2. The Matrix
3. The Matrix Revolutions

I was disappointed in many areas with Revolutions.
I HATED that Neo was blinded.
and besides that, it just didn't give enough closure IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"