The Dark Knight Details on a few scenes... [MAJOR SPOILAGE]

DareDemon

Hi! I like shorts!
Reaction score
Well, I hope you guys believe me.

My friend told me a year ago that his cousin is an extra in The Dark Knight. Well, with graduation rolling around, there's been a lot of parties. My friend had one too. With family and friends. I met the cousin.

I spoke with him a while about what he's doing, and he told me some details I had never heard before. I even have it on tape, but for his sake I am not going to upload it. However, I do want to reveal some plot points I hadn't heard of before.

First off, he's in a scene with Bruce driving the lambo. He crashes into a truck or a truck crashes into him to make a distraction for the cops. Not sure why this needs to be done. Bruce and Gordon tlk to each other and he's right behind one of them, the camera has him perfectly.

He's also in a scene in a bar. The Joker hijacks a TV station and appears on TV just like in the '89 movie. The Joker warns everyone he's going to blow up the bridges (which makes people get on the barges, which we all know he also tries to blow up). I asked if this could perhaps be the part where Joker says "Starting tonight, people will die. I'm a man of my word" and he said he's pretty sure this was that same part. He said "Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that is the scene he says that!". He said it may be harder to see him in this scene because he's in the back and the camera might not be focusing at his depth.

He also confirmed Joker as a nurse to me. He also said the Joker dresses as a cop with a Uzi at one point. He was almost one of the cops in the funeral marching down the street (he was impressed I already knew it was
Loeb's
funeral). He couldn't be a cop because he's 6'4'' and they didn't have uniforms that big.

His last scene is when "Bruce is driving a fancy motorcycle, probably and Italian one". That's all I know about that scene.

I wanted to ask him more, like stuff about Two-Face and Rachel, but his family had to go home. All that was enough to get me excited though.

Also, he said he goes to the Hype! I dunno if that means he posts here or not, but he's been here before, so that's cool.

Now I'm going to do the classic move liars do and disappear (loooong day and it's 4AM). But I'll be back tomorrow.

Huh. Interesting if true.

His last scene is when "Bruce is driving a fancy motorcycle, probably and Italian one". That's all I know about that scene.

I'm guessing it's either a playboy scene or perhaps a reference to the climax of Year One, with Bruce saving Gordon's baby in regular clothes in the daylight.

Well, I hope you guys believe me.

My friend told me a year ago that his cousin is an extra in The Dark Knight. Well, with graduation rolling around, there's been a lot of parties. My friend had one too. With family and friends. I met the cousin.

I spoke with him a while about what he's doing, and he told me some details I had never heard before. I even have it on tape, but for his sake I am not going to upload it. However, I do want to reveal some plot points I hadn't heard of before.

First off, he's in a scene with Bruce driving the lambo. He crashes into a truck or a truck crashes into him to make a distraction for the cops. Not sure why this needs to be done. Bruce and Gordon tlk to each other and he's right behind one of them, the camera has him perfectly.

He's also in a scene in a bar. The Joker hijacks a TV station and appears on TV just like in the '89 movie. The Joker warns everyone he's going to blow up the bridges (which makes people get on the barges, which we all know he also tries to blow up). I asked if this could perhaps be the part where Joker says "Starting tonight, people will die. I'm a man of my word" and he said he's pretty sure this was that same part. He said "Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that is the scene he says that!". He said it may be harder to see him in this scene because he's in the back and the camera might not be focusing at his depth.

He also confirmed Joker as a nurse to me. He also said the Joker dresses as a cop with a Uzi at one point. He was almost one of the cops in the funeral marching down the street (he was impressed I already knew it was
Loeb's
funeral). He couldn't be a cop because he's 6'4'' and they didn't have uniforms that big.

I wanted to ask him more, like stuff about Two-Face and Rachel, but his family had to go home. All that was enough to get me excited though.

Also, he said he goes to the Hype! I dunno if that means he posts here or not, but he's been here before, so that's cool.

Now I'm going to do the classic move liars do and disappear (loooong day and it's 4AM). But I'll be back tomorrow.

Meh :dry: the stuff about the TV station is interesting, we already know about his public broadcasts because Jonathan Nolan said he had based the Joker on his first two appearances in which he publicly announces he will kill person X in advance. He almost puts the Cops on guard and "says try and stop me if you can.":word: We know about the barges but the bridges are interesting.

From everything ive read about spoiilers, that all seems pretty true.

I believe you. Pretty cool stuff. Wonder how BW crashes?? Also, if you listen to the first teaser spot. When he says "starting tonight people will die, im a man of my word" It does sound distorted. Like its off TV. Just a guess. Good stuff.

The ferrari crash, Gotham evacuation and joker on TV have been mentioned before. We believe you :yay:

With the Ferrari scene, for some reason I'm of the understanding it involves AMH (?), and that Bruce is tailing him

The ferrari crash, Gotham evacuation and joker on TV have been mentioned before. We believe you :yay:

With the Ferrari scene, for some reason I'm of the understanding it involves AMH (?), and that Bruce is tailing him

Did you see the toy Lamborghini? It's like a transformers car with hidden weapons, personally I's run that Mike Engel into a light pole and claim the insurance.

We're all expecting a trademark Nolan super-twist, right? Well, maybe the bombs actually being planted on the boats is the super-twist. I can actually see that playing out well on-screen, if served as a twist...

I remember seeing a set pic of a Ducati (i think) truck parked up. That ties in with what the OP says.

didn't they have trouble filming a scene with a motorcycle? Police were stopping them from filming and Bale was walking around all pissed off. according to some scoopers and my hazy memory

I knew we would be getting a scene with Heath without his Joker makeup. If he has any dialouge it's going to be weird hearing that voice come out of Heath's mouth.

I knew we would be getting a scene with Heath without his Joker makeup. If he has any dialouge it's going to be weird hearing that voice come out of Heath's mouth.
I don't think so. Heath looks just as menacing, if not more so, without the make-up. He looks truly evil in the leaked picture.

I agree. He looks so determined without the make-up. Heath looks like he would kill you in 5 seconds or less.

He's also in a scene in a bar. The Joker hijacks a TV station and appears on TV just like in the '89 movie. The Joker warns everyone he's going to blow up the bridges (which makes people get on the barges, which we all know he also tries to blow up).

Interesting that Joker is only going to blow up bridges... I thought he threatened to destroy the 'entire city'.

Maybe the city is already in enough damage (hospital is blown up) that people are trying to get out and Joker is just ;lowering their options to the barges (which he has rigged with bombs)?

The ferrari crash, Gotham evacuation and joker on TV have been mentioned before. We believe you.

This is the first I have heard of the Ferrari scene. If it is Bruce tailing someone then I'm stoked. The detective is here at last.

We're all expecting a trademark Nolan super-twist, right? Well, maybe the bombs actually being planted on the boats is the super-twist. I can actually see that playing out well on-screen, if served as a twist...

We already KNOW the boats have bombs, we have known that since the sides first came out. It was one of the first things posted in the 'spoilers and speculation' thread.

If it is the movies 'big twist' than it is one hell of a twist for the GP, but for us, well we already know.

hyperhead.gif

We already KNOW the boats have bombs, we have known that since the sides first came out. It was one of the first things posted in the 'spoilers and speculation' thread.

If it is the movies 'big twist' than it is one hell of a twist for the GP, but for us, well we already know.
And that's our own fault for letting ourselves be spoiled. It's still an awesome twist, in of itself; we simply chose to spoil ourselves silly. That's not Christopher Nolan's doing.

I think this is the big twist of the movie. The Joker threatens the city; everyone evacuates via boats; the bombs turn out to be wired up to the boats. That's a good twist, right there, and I'm sure it will lead up to a tensional grand finale.

And that's our own fault for letting ourselves be spoiled. It's still an awesome twist, in of itself; we simply chose to spoil ourselves silly. That's not Christopher Nolan's doing.

I wouldn't have it any other way

Sort of, an extra told me about this scene.

After Reese's visit to the TV station where AMH has his show, Reese gets in an SUV with Gordon and Bruce tails them.

2d8gx95.jpg

13414281235c9bb37830ovi1.jpg

At an intersection a pickup truck tries to ram the SUV but Bruce sandwiches himself in the middle, destroying the lambo. Gordon gets out and arrests the crooked cops in the truck (no idea why they're targeting Reese), then Gordon and playboy Bruce have a converstation. Gordon tells him that was a brave thing to do and Bruce quips about running a red light, then asks if he watches the news and what he knows about Reese.

There's an explosion in the distance and Gordon yells into his talkie, "Did you get Dent out?"

*edited*

Nevermind, I misread and thought Bruce and Gordon were riding together.

I like that we see Bruce Wayne and Gordon interact at some point though.

After Reese's visit to the TV station where AMH has his show, Reese gets in an SUV with Gordon and Bruce tails them.

13414281235c9bb37830ovi1.jpg

At an intersection a pickup truck tries to ram the SUV but Bruce sandwiches himself in the middle, destroying the lambo.

Gordon gets out and arrests the crooked cops in the truck (no idea why they're targeting Reese), then Gordon and playboy Bruce have a conversation.

Gordon tells him that was a brave thing to do and Bruce quips about running a red light, then asks if he watches the news and what he knows about Reese.

Sounds like a cool scene. Has a little bit of 'detective' to it, and what sound like a really funny on-liner about running a red light. (I'm smiled just reading that).

Also it's nice to know we'll be getting some 'Bruce' action instead of there only being action while he is in the suit and it's cool that Bruce and Gordon have interaction (though I hope it's minimal)

But... I don't understand what you mean by the bolded part... Bruce asks if Gordon watches tv??? Or Gordon asks Bruce.... why is Gordon asking some civilian' about a police investigation or something... or is it cause Reese is a TV personality type? I thought was more of a field reporter and Engel was the tv guy.... could you clear this up.

Gordon asks Bruce, he's suspicious of Bruce's involvement I suppose. TBH the scene doesn't sit all that well with me, but it sounds interesting

I don't think Reese is a reporter, my understanding is that he goes to see Engel about Batman's identity and this creates a **** storm, because of the publics obsession with Batman. Reese also has a scene with Fox, the whole thing seems to be acknowledging everyone's problem with Batman's link to Wayne Enterprises

Gordon asks Bruce, he's suspicious of Bruce's involvement I suppose. TBH the scene doesn't sit all that well with me, but it sounds interesting

I don't think Reese is a reporter, my understanding is that he goes to see Engel about Batman's identity and this creates a **** storm, because of the publics obsession with Batman. Reese also has a scene with Fox, the whole thing seems to be acknowledging everyone's problem with Batman's link to Wayne Enterprises

As long as by the end of the film no one alive knows Bruce's secret identity other than Alfred and I guess Rachel then I'm fine.

...I hope Lucius dies

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"