The Dark Knight New Joker Details

I could see that, but then what happens to Dent in the meantime. Or does he simply delay the Joker until the real Batman makes his grand entrance? And what's with teh kitchen closet stuff?

Hmmmm.

He probably DOES stall Joker. Or Joker, thinking he finally has Batman, wants to revel in it and embarrass Dent as much as possible.

Or, like Bruce would do, as soon as Joker crashes the party, Bruce makes a bee-line for his panic room. Not wasting any time. Then, Dent "confesses" that he's Batman, hoping to stall Joker before the REAL Batman gets there, so Joker doesn't kill anybody.

He probably DOES stall Joker. Or Joker, thinking he finally has Batman, wants to revel in it and embarrass Dent as much as possible.

Or, like Bruce would do, as soon as Joker crashes the party, Bruce makes a bee-line for his panic room. Not wasting any time. Then, Dent "confesses" that he's Batman, hoping to stall Joker before the REAL Batman gets there, so Joker doesn't kill anybody.
That would make the most sense to me, if it didn't contradict a few key lines in the original post:

The scene will go something like this:
By this point the Joker has given Gotham city an ultimatum: Give me Batman or I'll kill all the people on the "A-list" of Gotham's who's who. Including Comissioner Gordon, Harvey Dent, Bruce Wayne...etc. Harvey Dent realizes that Batman will never come forward and thus takes the title upon himself. At some point before the party Harvey Dent declares himself Batman to help distract the Joker from his list of kills.

Consequently, Joker crashes Bruce Wayne's party at his penthouse (since the party is full of such A-listers) looking for Harvey Dent. Dent is indeed at the Party and Bruce quickly hides Harvey in a kitchen closet and runs to his bedroom. While there Bruce enters a panic room where his suit and armor are equipped upon his body and then returns to the penthouse room (in a very elaborate entrance) and a fight ensues. At one point someone is thrown out of the penthouse window.

I think the Joker should kill a few innocent guests at random in front of everybody, just for the sheer hell of it. Maybe that's a little much, but I want people to actually die because of Batman's choices, not just suffer

I think the Joker should kill a few innocent guests at random in front of everybody, just for the sheer hell of it. Maybe that's a little much, but I want people to actually die because of Batman's choices, not just suffer
Totally. I think it would be truly Joker beyond anything else to shoot up the place, leaving a few guests dead. Then as Rachel tries to be heroic, standing next to a pane of glass with a bullet hole in it, Harvey emerges, and with a massive grin on his face the Joker kicks Rachel through the glass to her death 80-odd stories below.

Combine this with the choice Harvey has to make about the two boats (assuming that's the route they're taking) and the acid that he receives in the face, and the tragic downfall of Harvey Dent is complete.

You're not all serious about Rachel being the one who falls out the window, are you?

'Casue that would be awfully cliche to have the "villain kills superhero's girlfriend thus giving him drive to beat the villain" plot.

Not telling you guys to stop the discussion, but move it somewhere else please?

I was actually going to segway my Spidey 3 comment into this whole "new look" subject, but got lazy decided to stop typing.

I'm not too thrilled about the whole joker wearing white white make-up idea, but I'll give Nolan credit for making sure there is some creativity to the series in that a chemical accident won't create an insane villian in the Joker and then another chemical accident creates another insane criminal in Two Face, etc. We'll get some variety here. Unlike Spider-man.

Although I was hoping for a bleached Joker, as long as I get a great Batman story and Ledger is a great interpretation of the character - then in the end I won't care how or why the Joker looks like he does. And I think most us geeks can agree on that.

You're not all serious about Rachel being the one who falls out the window, are you?

'Casue that would be awfully cliche to have the "villain kills superhero's girlfriend thus giving him drive to beat the villain" plot.
I am. He's not killing the superhero's girlfriend, he's killing Harvey Dent's. Hence why Dent gets destroyed internally.

And I don't think, as far as superhero movies go, I've ever seen that angle used in a climax. In movies like the Punisher its an origin, and in Spiderman they utilise the damsel in distress, but full out killing, can't say I can think of an example.

But having the Joker wearing makeup isn't variety. Within the Batman universe, maybe, but a Joker who simply dyes his hair and paints his face seems just like every other "look-how-crazy-I-am-becuase-I-wear-a-costume" villain/horror movie slasher.

And, attributing his looks to makeup and costume implies an alter-ego of some sort. And I'm not keen on the Joker having an alter-ego.

I am. He's not killing the superhero's girlfriend, he's killing Harvey Dent's. Hence why Dent gets destroyed internally.

And I don't think, as far as superhero movies go, I've ever seen that angle used in a climax. In movies like the Punisher its an origin, and in Spiderman they utilise the damsel in distress, but full out killing, can't say I can think of an example.

It's predictable.

And perhaps it doesn't happen in movies, but I can think of several examples where this happens.

-Spiderman: Gwen Stacy had her neck snapped by the Green Goblin, leading to Peter and the Gobin's "final showdown".

-James Bond: His wife is murdered by Ernst Stavro Blofeld, prompting Bond to get revenge on him.

There are several more. And the sheer fact that this is what the fans have been predicting and wanting since it was confirmed that the character would return, makes me believe that it's not going to happen.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind giving out a few more of these "several" examples of the hero's girl being killed? The 2 you gave were the only ones that came to mind. :p

Erm...I'm sure there's more...did they do that in Superman...hey, don't your read? Look 'em up yourself!:oldrazz:

And, attributing his looks to makeup and costume implies an alter-ego of some sort. And I'm not keen on the Joker having an alter-ego.

Not if he's already Joker before his face getting slashed. Know what I mean? As in the film starts off with the Joker wearing a mask, but he's still the Joker. The face slashing makes him decide to loose the mask and make the clown face a permanent thing. Just a thought. I don't want a Joker origin in this film, but I could handle an explanation to his look while keeping his actual history a total mystery.

It's predictable.

And perhaps it doesn't happen in movies, but I can think of several examples where this happens.

-Spiderman: Gwen Stacy had her neck snapped by the Green Goblin, leading to Peter and the Gobin's "final showdown".

-James Bond: His wife is murdered by Ernst Stavro Blofeld, prompting Bond to get revenge on him.

There are several more. And the sheer fact that this is what the fans have been predicting and wanting since it was confirmed that the character would return, makes me believe that it's not going to happen.
Sometimes predictable doesn't necesarily matter. All you need is for the audience to be pulling the entire film for Rachel and Harvey. We all know Harvey will become Two-Face but will it make it any less tragic? Doubt it.

The impact it would have is massive. If you have the audience on Rachel's side, then Harvey, Bruce and the audience will all be devastated. Furthermore, the idea of Rachel falling to her death (which I think Nolan could pull off pitch perfect) is so chilling, that idea that she knows she'll die before she does. Having Harvey forced to watch as the woman he loves is sent to her death, knowing he can never say goodbye to her.

I'm not saying its a must, and maybe it can't be pulled off without seeming corny as all hell, but I personally could see it being one of the most absolutely devastating moment you'll ever see captured on film.

But how does a scar in the general vicinity of his mouth make him think, "Hmmm I do believe I'm going to paint my face white, wear lipstick, and dye my hair green now!"

I know he's crazy, but it should at least make sense.

Considering every source UNTIL strikezone has been saying that the Joker's skin is permanently white (including, amongst others, Miranda and Anjow), and strikezone's information seems, at best, shady, something tells me this debate is moot.

Good then.

Well, what shall we talk about?

Considering every source UNTIL strikezone has been saying that the Joker's skin is permanently white (including, amongst others, Miranda and Anjow), and strikezone's information seems, at best, shady, something tells me this debate is moot.

Yep.

Good then.

Well, what shall we talk about?

Concur, I already said I prefer perma-white.

Anyways - anyone catch Entourage tonight? One of the best episodes of the series.

So we can actually see Jokers Mayhem, instead of PG-13 implied gore. These scenes would be BA with the freedom of an R rating IMO.

A rated "R" Batman would do nothing but harm.

An "R" rating means that a large chunk of the audience, kids, will be lost, meaning a large chunk of that money will also go with it. Not to mention that when kids go see movies, there parents go with them, so that's more money lost.

TDK underperforms severely, and WB doesn't want to shell out another $200,000,000 to make Batman 3.

Plus, it's just unnecesessary.

So we can actually see Jokers Mayhem, instead of PG-13 implied gore. These scenes would be BA with the freedom of an R rating IMO.

A rated "R" Batman would do nothing but harm.

An "R" rating means that a large chunk of the audience, kids, will be lost, meaning a large chunk of that money will also go with it. Not to mention that when kids go see movies, there parents go with them, so that's more money lost.

TDK underperforms severely, and WB doesn't want to shell out another $200,000,000 to make Batman 3.

Plus, it's just unnecesessary.

There you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"