The Dark Knight New Joker Details

sasquatchs

Sidekick
Reaction score
Large plot spoilers

Someone mentioned the other day that a poster called TragicVillain at JustPressPlay had some new Joker details. I sent him an email, he says this comes from conversations with higher-ups in the production. Whether true or not its pretty nice info, here's the 2 posts he's given to JPP so far, there's another to come. Seems to dovetail nicely with the sides and other nuggets. Fairly spoiler heavy

http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/the-dark-knight/news/

*SPOILER ALERT*
It has been confirmed that a major aspect of The Dark Knight plot will involve two barges full of Gothamites evacuating the city.
Sources say the evacuation will stem from the Joker planning on destroying Gotham city. However, the evacuation won't go exactly as planned. Supposedly there will be bombs aboard each ship... and an insidious plan hatched by the Joker.
What will the bombs be for? One hint involved Gotham city officials being forced to decide which barge to explode...if they don't choose the Joker will destroy each one...
An added wrinkle: One boat houses the innocent of Gotham...and the other the convicted...seems to be an easy question...but who comes out clean?
**SPOILER**
It has been verified that the location in Chicago previously identified as the Wayne Penthouse (which was ironically located at ground level on Wacker St.) will hold a major scene wherein the Joker and Batman get to face off.

The scene will go something like this:
By this point the Joker has given Gotham city an ultimatum: Give me Batman or I'll kill all the people on the "A-list" of Gotham's who's who. Including Comissioner Gordon, Harvey Dent, Bruce Wayne...etc. Harvey Dent realizes that Batman will never come forward and thus takes the title upon himself. At some point before the party Harvey Dent declares himself Batman to help distract the Joker from his list of kills.

Consequently, Joker crashes Bruce Wayne's party at his penthouse (since the party is full of such A-listers) looking for Harvey Dent. Dent is indeed at the Party and Bruce quickly hides Harvey in a kitchen closet and runs to his bedroom. While there Bruce enters a panic room where his suit and armor are equipped upon his body and then returns to the penthouse room (in a very elaborate entrance) and a fight ensues. At one point someone is thrown out of the penthouse window.

Interesting. The movie seems to be foreshadowing Two-Face already (the two barges with the innocent and guilty).

1. i like hte joker plot.
2. i like what harwvey does. i like that he says that he is batman. that could be the reason why someone scars him.

3. batman crashing at the party. ok i just hope for one thing. i dont want to see batman fighting joker and hes guys at normal lightining. this is extreme important. i hope he will shut down the light so thatit will be dark.

That is plain awesome! Indeed insidious of the Joker to utilize some explosives that would result in mass devastation and casualties. ;) Hope the actors can pull it off, along with the director. So far the premise is very interesting.

I dunno......sounds...iffy to me. I just love that we'll get to see someone fall out a penthouse window.

Splat!

The first was already confirmed by the casting sides wasn't it?

I like the Joker plot. Joker probably doesn't tell the police which barge the criminals are on and which has the innocent on it....a nice little "in joke" for the Joker.

I also like that he is going after the elite...very Batman #1. And also announcing that he is going to kill these people ahead of time is also very Batman #1/The Man Who Laughs material.

I don't, however, like the Joker asking for Batman in exchange for the city....too cartoon. I hope they pull that off well if they do it.

Other than that, great stuff.

-R

Nope.....it sounds good but too simple of a plot. I think the Nolans are much more capable.

Love that Harvey is being made out to be a hero in this situation. Can't wait to see the penthouse scene. :up:

Is this being trusted?

I mean....could all be made up. Sounds kinda..cutesy though.

Curious. I like it though.

Someone mentioned the other day that a poster called TragicVillain at JustPressPlay had some new Joker details. I shot him an email, he says this comes from conversations with higher-ups in the production. Whether true or not its pretty nice info, here's the 2 posts he's given to JPP so far, there's another to come. Seems to dovetail nicely with the sides and other nuggets. Fairly spoiler heavy

http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/the-dark-knight/news/

Sounds good!!!

"I like it already! hehehe"

Sounds great! Joker's such a bastard.

Sounds believable to me, but I am not going to blindly believe it.

I don't think that's too simple a plot. Add in the mafia conflict to this and it actually becomes quite the complex scenario and a very different version of Joker nad just Batman movies in general. We've never seen this before in this way actually. Perhaps close to Batman Forever and the circus scene, but not like this....

Rachel's probably the one thrown out the window.

Also interesting is that whatever Joker's doing is BAD ENOUGH to make Gotham be evacuated. So...it has to be pretty serious. It could be just that he's threatening to gas the city and, Gotham city, having seen what happened to the Narrows, is reacting with due vigor.

Well....anyone remember that guy a year and a half ago that popped into the Spidey-boards and posted the infamous/famous "Q and A's"? They ran him out of the forum....turns out, 99.9% of the things he said were right. So I'm taking this with a larger grain of salt than normal.

-R

Also interesting is that whatever Joker's doing is BAD ENOUGH to make Gotham be evacuated. So...it has to be pretty serious. It could be just that he's threatening to gas the city and, Gotham city, having seen what happened to the Narrows, is reacting with due vigor.

That part matches with a few details Miranda Fox PM'd me with, she says the cliched "city in peril" plot is a ruse to get everyone aboard the boats. She also mentioned Joker targetting high profile members of society, which is why I'm fairly confident about this stuff

I don't think that's too simple a plot. Add in the mafia conflict to this and it actually becomes quite the complex scenario and a very different version of Joker nad just Batman movies in general. We've never seen this before in this way actually. Perhaps close to Batman Forever and the circus scene, but not like this....

Rachel's probably the one thrown out the window

dark_b hopes for a scene where batman jumps after here and then..........riggid cape :ninja::wow:

I like It but I don't believe it. lol I honestly believe Nolan will do the same thing that Joker did In his first Appearance In batman #1 and start killing everyone by gas

sounds pretty bad ass to me, if true.

Well....anyone remember that guy a year and a half ago that popped into the Spidey-boards and posted the infamous/famous "Q and A's"? They ran him out of the forum....turns out, 99.9% of the things he said were right. So I'm taking this with a larger grain of salt than normal.

-R

Happens all the time lol

Do you have those Q and As?

I really think Harvey Dent is the one to make the choice:

"An added wrinkle: One boat houses the innocent of Gotham...and the other the convicted...seems to be an easy question...but who comes out clean?"

I dunno....sounds believable.....it's just,....I dunno....seems iffy.

I'm just too cynical for my own good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"