Devil May Cry Coming To The Big Screen

Sorry do disappoint, new footage was revealed on this years E3.

[YT]jP7fTiT0TTE[/YT]

Everything anyone liked about the previous games is gone. That includes the badass heavy metal tracks. Now we get some lame ass punk.

lol...they actually did change his hair up a bit...and it looks like when he devil triggers, he get's white hair. Lame attempt is lame. The gameplay looks fun and all...but it appears the soul of the original game is now dead.

It was never about taking itself seriously and trying to make a emotionally deep story while trying to be stylishly relevant. It was about being a cocky/hilarious human demon hybrid and feeling like a complete bad ass with stylish and crazy combat. The humor in the stories was part of the game's charm.

I'm not liking this new angle at all and I've hated everything the director has had to say about, basically, trying to make it appeal to teen style and angst.

Last edited:
Well, the soul of the games were actually its gameplay. I mean, I like the older Dante model better. I think, outside a small minority, almost all the fans do. But, frankly, that kind of stuff just wasn't all that important in DMC. It was all about the crazy, over-the-top and outright dizzying action. If they can deliver that, I don't really care, they can make Dante a pre-op Tranny wearing half a dress and half a pair of jeans. The stories and characters of all the other games were paper thin, in the end, and that's what it was all about.

I guess you can make a larger case for the music, though. It kind of sucks to lose that aspect, but even that aspect isn't something that I see as a gamebreaker necessarily.

The new devil trigger is just dumb. Now he changes his hair color... It's like a damn Super Saiyan transformation.

Well, the soul of the games were actually its gameplay. I mean, I like the older Dante model better. I think, outside a small minority, almost all the fans do. But, frankly, that kind of stuff just wasn't all that important in DMC. It was all about the crazy, over-the-top and outright dizzying action. If they can deliver that, I don't really care, they can make Dante a pre-op Tranny wearing half a dress and half a pair of jeans. The stories and characters of all the other games were paper thin, in the end, and that's what it was all about.

I guess you can make a larger case for the music, though. It kind of sucks to lose that aspect, but even that aspect isn't something that I see as a gamebreaker necessarily.

Yes, it was all about the game play, but also the vibe the game gave off. Playing a cocky, ridiculous and cheesy guy, showing off crazy moves to awesome heavy metal tracks in the background. What good is the best gameplay in the world though, if the character and the world he occupies don't appeal to me anymore?

Last edited:
By "soul" I meant the vibe of the game, as Nathan described so well above. The characters, the story, the feeling of the game. Gameplay alone does not always a game make. Give you an example: in Prototype, you played as a guy who was experimented on and his trail towards vengeance...but really, you were just a completed *****e bag who didn't care what innocence got in the way of your ultimate goal (kinda like Kratos...but the GOW story, art direction, and mythology is actually interesting). In the end you got your vengeance...but you didn't feel justified in it. Ultimately I felt like a complete D-bag. The game was fun and being completely overpowered in a sandbox was fun as well...but I'm not really super drawn to it because at it's core (or "center" or "vibe") I didn't care what happened to the main character or the story. If the main character died...I'd be like "meh."

In the original Devil May Cry...you do care, because Dante is hilarious and awesome and add to that the abilities your given and the gameplay and that's a major winner in my book. The "paper thin" story works because it doesn't take itself seriously. The game never felt pompous. This new angle screams POMPOUS to me, and it's a major turn off...ESPECIALLY given what we've had previously.

Last edited:
While I don't like his hair I don't mind the new Dante.

I know this is kind of one of those 'to each their own' type of deals, but I can honestly that DMC would probably be utterly forgotten if not for its gameplay. Not to say I don't necessarily dislike the mythology of the series, or the characters, but in the end there's just not that much to them. It'd basically be a Chaos Legion situation or something. Action beat'em ups have pretty always been about the gameplay and such. The story was, more or less, a means to an end to get to beating the **** out of things. I mean, things have changed somewhat due to God of War taking a really good narrative to the formula, but even still games like Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta and etc. That's really what brought them to the ball. If the story had been better, more developed and such, I would probably agree, but as is...it's just not that big of an issue if the gameplay can deliver it to me.

I'll try it but what makes them think changing him to a twilight vampire is cool, last time I checked hardcore gamers arent fans of twilight and that whole hairstyle he has is about the stupidest thing ever. Yea it might be a fun game but this is far far faaaaaarrr from the dmc I know.
Dante's new look is cooler than his original the developers say? please !

ok im done.

I don't know. Ninja Theory's DmC has grown on me and it's essentially the same minus the visual difference. plus their last game 'Enslaved' was not only awesome but damn underrated.

I played the demo at Comic-Con and E3 and I liked it.

This is a different style and take on Dante. Here's the thing. The old games kind of ran their course IMHO and there wasn't much else they could do. Dante was always fairly underdeveloped as a character and I didn't care for that.

I like that this is a more involved and personal story for Dante. I like that he's got a bit more of an attitude now. In the old games he was almost like a cipher at times.

The way Ninja Theory described the new take on Dante, they said old Dante was how rock stars used to be big and flamboyant and really dressed up. And now rock stars like to dress down and dress more casual.

How was the gameplay Vileone? As good as DMC 3? I heard there is no lock on target in this one and it locks on enemies automatically.

The main reaoson I liked the original games were cause of the gothic anime influenced type style with the hyper combat. With DmC the whole Dante VS Bill O Riley and V for Vendetta Virgel stuff just isnt setting right with me at the moment. Same with new Dantes attitude or look. Level design looks awesome but the in your face modern political allegories were never a thing I was dieing to see in a DMC game.

Ill give it a shot. They have yet to impress though. I liked the characters and art design in the original, didnt need this big of a change imo.

Last edited:
It is funny that they go out of their way to rip off Bayonetta, though I doubt it plays as good, but then in the process turn the game into some annoying grunge thing with random profanity.

It is funny that they go out of their way to rip off Bayonetta, though I doubt it plays as good, but then in the process turn the game into some annoying grunge thing with random profanity.
Yeah the cursing just comes off forced and without reason other then trying to be edgy. If it plays even close to the level of Bayonetta Ill grab it. Cant get better then that gameplay in the genre.

So they're going to put out a trailer before the movie itself has even begun production ???

hope they dont base dante off that twilight emo looking dante

honestly who would you rather see

this
183979-dante.jpg

or this
Dante_Wallpaper_by_xFinalFantasyFreakx.jpg

dante-devil-may-cry-4-10625828-700-525.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they could make this movie right! And I have played the Devil may Cry before.

The other movie adaptation for Capcom videogames sucked (Resident Evil and Street Fighter).

Look at the trailer you posted yourself. Take a good and long look at his face.

They're not using that emo, drug addicted beaten up look on the game. They've changed his appearance ever since they released that first image.

It's easy to compare when you post the worst image available for something that isn't of your preference, then post a good image of whatever you're supporting.

he does'nt really look much different he still does'nt look like a bad ass like the dante we know and love

I also prefer the original Dante and want to see him in the movie - if it is done - but the look of Dante in that old pic isn't fair to what he is now. Looks can speak volumes about a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"