Dexter - Part 6

The second season of New Blood, which ranks as Showtime’s most-watched series in Showtime history, focuses on Dexter’s son Harrison, who survived his tumultuous reintroduction with his father and flees to New York City where he must wrestle with his own violent nature and whether, like his father, he too is compelled to kill. Dexter: New Blood will explore the kinds of themes and scenarios seen in the original series but through a new lens.

Watch Masuka get a phone call in the finale about Harrison, only for the episode to end before we learn that he's forgotten who Harrison is.

Also, if the origins piece is about Dexter just joining Miami Metro, I know the article said we'll meet younger versions of the characters, but at the very least I hope we see Doakes, given the longstanding hatred we know he had for Dexter.

Oh it’s a given we’ll see young Doakes and I can’t wait see that early dynamic between the two. We got a glimpse of that in that one flashback from the later seasons.

They shouldn't have ended New Blood like that if they wanted a second season. Now I actually want them to
have Dexter survive somehow, even though that seems impossible, I don't care anymore at this point :o
Nobody wants a Harrison spin off. That prequel might be fun though, if they do it right... but I kind of feel like both of these shows will get canceled. I don't know if people want more Dexter after being burned twice.

They shouldn't have ended New Blood like that if they wanted a second season. Now I actually want them to
have Dexter survive somehow, even though that seems impossible, I don't care anymore at this point :o
Nobody wants a Harrison spin off. That prequel might be fun though, if they do it right... but I kind of feel like both of these shows will get canceled. I don't know if people want more Dexter after being burned twice.
They certainly will need both a stellar cast and a glorious story for either to succeed.

They certainly will need both a stellar cast and a glorious story for either to succeed.
Agreed and that starts with casting young Dexter because that has to be on point.

I remember being disappointed after season 2 when they said that the show will not be doing anymore flashbacks and move on to ghost Harry in season 3. Dexter’s early years has always intrigued me and I loved the Dexter: Early Cuts webisodes that Showtime did. So now that we’re getting a full prequel series I couldn’t be more excited and glad that Clyde Phillips is running the upcoming series. I hope that they get Melissa Rosenberg as consult for this since she also wrote some of the best episodes in the earlier seasons and yes casting has to be on point. Really jazzed about this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"