Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is the writers rarely dare going with a different direction but instead playing it safe and threading more or less in the same waters, god I don't want to come across as a whiny fan but ever since season 4's finale it's been sinking, I feel like they aren't really putting any effort on the subplots and for an example season 5 for Dexter's journey was engaging at the first but there's no sense of progression and it's the same case here, I just hope it won't end up the same by Dex getting a "reboot" in a way for the next season and acts the same.

Wow, I thought I was the only one around here feeling this way. I liked season 5 too but this season while it has still been damn good television just isn't as good as it should be. This and True Blood both pale in comparison to their first 2 seasons. Now things like Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire have come along and nothing seems quite as good anymore lol

Pretty much. I hate how the writers are always having him at odds with his dark passenger and the code when it would be a much better show if he just embraced them. A lot of people seem to enjoy watching Dexter become more of a human being though so maybe I'm in the minority.

I think Dexter struggling with his humanity is a good thing, and allows for richer character development. My problem is that they don't let him actually struggle. Every time he's faced with what could be a moral dilemma, a convenient plot point emerges from out of nowhere to make the decision much easier for him.

Right now Walter is an immensely more edgy character than Dexter is. The episode with Brian was the first time in a while that his character had some of that malicious and sadistic edge to him that he did in earlier seasons but they backed away from that quickly.

Pretty much. I hate how the writers are always having him at odds with his dark passenger and the code when it would be a much better show if he just embraced them. A lot of people seem to enjoy watching Dexter become more of a human being though so maybe I'm in the minority.
Well it's called development or evolution rather! Dexter became more "human" and I think that's a good thing for the show, also see his reactions when it comes to Harrison, it gets a smile on his face!

I can't lie, I loved Dexter back in the days, in Seasons 1-2 when he was more of a serial killer than ever, but I like the way he evolved, even it's just a bit. I think that his character staying 100% the same throughout 6 seasons (for example), would be really boring.

I like the idea of him becoming 100% normal in the end of this show!

Anyone else think that Debs shrink will play somewhat of a larger role somewhere down the road? I have a hard time thinking that this storyline between Debs and her shrink is just so we can listen to Debs complain.

Something needs to happen to shake up the show's status quo. They can't maintain it for another season, because it's already starting to get boring, and it's stretching credibility that no one in Miami Metro suspects Dexter. The writers need to start taking risks again, because they've been playing it safe for far too long.

Deb has to find out. If she won't, I'm giving up on this show.

This season is a lot stronger when the focus is on Deb and what he thinks about his brother. We know Dexter it's a little weird, and it's finally time for some of the main characters to start noticing about it and, more importantly, that the writers should start doing something about it.
Deb and her shrink could be a hint of what's to come. If that's the case, then I'm very excited about the possibilites. The arc of Hanks Junior this season was a bit of a let down, but the show has so many interesting characters and subplots that is hard to hate.

The season with Lumen, she got pretty close.

The most unforgivable moment in the history of the show. Even Jennifer Carpenter called ******** on that one.

Yeah, I read an interview where she's a little frustrated that her character is a little blind about her brother.

It was ********. THE moment for her to find out was right after Dexter and Lumen killed Jordan Chase. I was beyond pissed when she just let them run off. All that build up for her to find out and they chickened out at the last second.

That moment is the definitive proof that the writers lost their balls after S4. If they chicken out again, I'm giving up on this show.

It was ********. THE moment for her to find out was right after Dexter and Lumen killed Jordan Chase. I was beyond pissed when she just let them run off. All that build up for her to find out and they chickened out at the last second.

Maybe they were testing audience reactions to Deb finding out. It appears they are going that route now, in the last couple of episodes Dexter behaves like s**t around Deb, and she's talking a lot about him with the shrink.
The next last couple of seasons will definetely be related to both (I wish)

Last year it would of made the most sense for her to find out and pretty much accept it. All season long she was talking about she was glad someone has stepped up to do what nobody else will do and take down these people that get away with it and think they are invincible.

Now it seems to be kind of forced with all the shrink stuff.

I'm sure they won't forget about that when she finds out.

I'm glad we're getting insight into Deb's character, the writers are actually doing something besides giving her another guy to cry over. That's basically all her character was for 5 seasons, Deb always choosing wrong guy. It started to almost feel like a running gag.

I still have patience with where the show is going and I didn't mind the end of S5 because in the end it proved that Deb wasn't all talk. She was willing to let the killer walk showing when it came down to it she could also look the other way with Dexter.

Hanks Junior is fine, it's the character that's killing him, the story feels forced and unbelievable.

Colin Hanks is not fine. The dude shows no emotion, no matter what character he's playing. For this role, it's borderline acceptable because he's playing a psychopath. But if you watch his other acting jobs, he's wooden as ****.

But this episode didn't really do much for me. Dexter's escape at the last minute was laughable and written just to keep the story going. Deb's dream sequence was cheesily over done. Laguerta's new "influence" over Deb makes sense...if she didn't already have superiority over her because she was ALREADY her boss.

The only interesting thing about this episode was the whole 2 minutes of screen time Louis had and the preview for next episode.

I'm ready for this season to show us what changes are coming to the status quo so we can get on with next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"