Dexter - Part 6

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]462909[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]450425[/split]

3. HighFivingMF Welp.

Fresh new thread to ***** about the finale in, guys!

4. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

dat new thread smell....

5. georgec Not a hero

[​IMG]

6. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I kind of feel bad for anyone that just gets started with Dexter and then this is the thread the get into

7. Teelie Jokerface

I feel bad for anyone who starts watching Dexter then gets to the final season. The first few are great, the middle is bumpy with a good/bad mixture then you get the last season and it's all bad.

8. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Maybe it wouldn't seem so bad if the final season of Breaking Bad wasn't so much better. :p

9. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/arts/television/the-dexter-finale-expect-controversy.html?_r=0

Here we go, haha. To all that have read the spoilers please use tags if you think you know what he's referring to.

10. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

11. Teelie Jokerface

I'm not watching it yet (and the constant comparisons are annoying) so no, it's just bad on its own.

12. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

So, as far as finale spoilers, I've read three:

The first was that Deb does die, but Dexter does end up killing Saxon (or at least he dies in some way), but Dexter and Hannah still go to Argentina and live happily ever after.

The second was essentially the same, but Quinn reveals he's known about Dexter the whole time during all this, admires him, and Dexter leaves his tools and Quinn takes over while Dexter and Hannah leave.

And I think someone posted something about how we find out in the end that all the stuff with Hannah was just some weird daydream (and I presume the entire season?) about Dexter's desire to have a normal life or something. I was never clear on how that ending panned out

None of those are that good. The first would be my clear choice as the best if it ends up being true, simply because it would at least follow through with the rest of the season. The second would be alright because of the same, but the random element would be dumb. And that last one is just flat out trash.

13. Travesty Registered

So is this weeks the last episode? How many do we have left?

14. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Tomorrow is the finale.

15. Teelie Jokerface

The third possiblity just affects the end of the episode alone and nothing prior as far as I can tell. Although [blackout]the entire season would be preferable as a crazy dream nightmare that never happened[/blackout] in the minds most viewers. Whatever happens will be known to all in a little over a day.

16. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

It would have to effect the whole thing, though, because [blackout]if Hannah never came back, it'd indirectly affect everything that happened, at least in the second half of the season[/blackout]

17. Teelie Jokerface

As I remember it being stated [blackout]Dexter is dying or captured or something and he imagines his life with Hannah and Harrison in Argentina without actually leaving Miami.[/blackout] It would be like if [blackout]he were dying and his last thoughts were of how nice that life would be[/blackout] although it could also apply if [blackout]he were just arrested and it ends with a return to reality as he's led away in handcuffs[/blackout]. I think the former is more likely than the latter. Or it's entirely possible it isn't true at all. And I doubt it would be the whole season because that's not practical to do, even if the fans would disagree. :funny:

#17 Teelie, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  18. Reek _____

Rumor has it Lithgow, Camargo, King, Hanks whoever the **** jordan chase is will be returning as an army of Robos. Hurricane DemonDex has become out of control so they had to resort to Doakes and Friends.

Remember the Monsters?

19. Reek _____

Apparently these spoilers have been debunke...

No Quinn becomes the new Dexter.
    No Matthews kills Dexter.
    No bodies washing up on shore.

and the finale is said to have brilliant moments, some scenes that will hit you hard and stick with you, an interesting conclusion... but is still a complete mess and sucks ass,

20. antsman41 Unseen Arkham Prisoner

For some weird reason, the only redemption to this show would be didn't out Quinn knows and is ok with it... But him being Dexter 2.0 was pushing it.

21. Reek _____

it woul have been much better had Quinn kept pursuing his suspicions especially after what happened to Liddy back in season 5.

22. Maximus One Eklypze Is Dead

Damn it. Now I'm mad the spoilers might not be true. I'm already prepared for that. Damn it

23. Reek _____

"a great ending for the character of Dexter, but a disappointing ending for the series."

and apparently MCH is amazing in the in the last act.

24. Teelie Jokerface

If the spoilers are debunked then there might yet be hope for the finale. Or it might be even worse. I'm hoping for something better but expecting the worst.

25. The Navigator Registered

I'm having a hard time imagining an ending worse than those spoilers.