Dexter - Part 6

dat new thread smell....
ioGoi26UxwJuV.gif

I kind of feel bad for anyone that just gets started with Dexter and then this is the thread the get into

I feel bad for anyone who starts watching Dexter then gets to the final season. The first few are great, the middle is bumpy with a good/bad mixture then you get the last season and it's all bad.

Maybe it wouldn't seem so bad if the final season of Breaking Bad wasn't so much better. :p

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/arts/television/the-dexter-finale-expect-controversy.html?_r=0

I’ll admit here that I’ve seen the finale and know the answers to my initial questions. I won’t give anything away, except that I expect that it will be controversial — prepare for a Twitter storm around 9:45 p.m. on Sunday — and that while I didn’t buy everything in the episode, I bought the ending. You may or may not think that Dexter’s final resting place is the one he deserves. But it works.

Here we go, haha. To all that have read the spoilers please use tags if you think you know what he's referring to.

Maybe it wouldn't seem so bad if the final season of Breaking Bad wasn't so much better. :p
I'm not watching it yet (and the constant comparisons are annoying) so no, it's just bad on its own.

So, as far as finale spoilers, I've read three:

The first was that Deb does die, but Dexter does end up killing Saxon (or at least he dies in some way), but Dexter and Hannah still go to Argentina and live happily ever after.

The second was essentially the same, but Quinn reveals he's known about Dexter the whole time during all this, admires him, and Dexter leaves his tools and Quinn takes over while Dexter and Hannah leave.

And I think someone posted something about how we find out in the end that all the stuff with Hannah was just some weird daydream (and I presume the entire season?) about Dexter's desire to have a normal life or something. I was never clear on how that ending panned out

None of those are that good. The first would be my clear choice as the best if it ends up being true, simply because it would at least follow through with the rest of the season. The second would be alright because of the same, but the random element would be dumb. And that last one is just flat out trash.

So is this weeks the last episode? How many do we have left?

The third possiblity just affects the end of the episode alone and nothing prior as far as I can tell. Although [blackout]the entire season would be preferable as a crazy dream nightmare that never happened[/blackout] in the minds most viewers. Whatever happens will be known to all in a little over a day.

It would have to effect the whole thing, though, because [blackout]if Hannah never came back, it'd indirectly affect everything that happened, at least in the second half of the season[/blackout]

As I remember it being stated [blackout]Dexter is dying or captured or something and he imagines his life with Hannah and Harrison in Argentina without actually leaving Miami.[/blackout] It would be like if [blackout]he were dying and his last thoughts were of how nice that life would be[/blackout] although it could also apply if [blackout]he were just arrested and it ends with a return to reality as he's led away in handcuffs[/blackout]. I think the former is more likely than the latter. Or it's entirely possible it isn't true at all. And I doubt it would be the whole season because that's not practical to do, even if the fans would disagree. :funny:

Last edited:
Rumor has it Lithgow, Camargo, King, Hanks whoever the **** jordan chase is will be returning as an army of Robos. Hurricane DemonDex has become out of control so they had to resort to Doakes and Friends.

Remember the Monsters?

Apparently these spoilers have been debunke...

No Quinn becomes the new Dexter.
No Matthews kills Dexter.
No bodies washing up on shore.

and the finale is said to have brilliant moments, some scenes that will hit you hard and stick with you, an interesting conclusion... but is still a complete mess and sucks ass,

For some weird reason, the only redemption to this show would be didn't out Quinn knows and is ok with it... But him being Dexter 2.0 was pushing it.

it woul have been much better had Quinn kept pursuing his suspicions especially after what happened to Liddy back in season 5.

Damn it. Now I'm mad the spoilers might not be true. I'm already prepared for that. Damn it

"a great ending for the character of Dexter, but a disappointing ending for the series."

and apparently MCH is amazing in the in the last act.

If the spoilers are debunked then there might yet be hope for the finale. Or it might be even worse. I'm hoping for something better but expecting the worst.

Apparently these spoilers have been debunke...

No Quinn becomes the new Dexter.
No Matthews kills Dexter.
No bodies washing up on shore.

and the finale is said to have brilliant moments, some scenes that will hit you hard and stick with you, an interesting conclusion... but is still a complete mess and sucks ass,

I'm having a hard time imagining an ending worse than those spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"