Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i know its incredibly early for this....but rumors are already starting to go, and ill continue to post news and rumors here, cause i love the show :)

rumor has it the 3rd season will be based loosely on book 2, Dearly Devoted Dexter.

this is a word of mouth rumor so dont hold me to it or ask where i heard it cause no one on here knows them.

Dexter returns September 28.

[YT]5vj-kYudBO8[/YT]

Daniel Licht's brother did that song, and I absolutely love it. Simple, and very well written.

I still need to watch the fifth season. Hopefully the DVD comes out soon.

apdvdc.jpg

This season: Kill Deb, let something happen to Dex that actually changes up the story a bit, get some interesting new characters.

yes i know its incredibly early for this....but rumors are already starting to go, and ill continue to post news and rumors here, cause i love the show :)

rumor has it the 3rd season will be based loosely on book 2, Dearly Devoted Dexter.

this is a word of mouth rumor so dont hold me to it or ask where i heard it cause no one on here knows them.

Dexter returns September 28.

Ummmmm . . . you do know that season 3 is long past right? They've already done season 4. Season 5 will be out on DVD this August, and season 6 will be starting in September.

Ummmmm . . . you do know that season 3 is long past right? They've already done season 4. Season 5 will be out on DVD this August, and season 6 will be starting in September.

That was the first post of the original thread. The Thread Manager bot copied it over when it created the new thread.

That was the first post of the original thread. The Thread Manager bot copied it over when it created the new thread.

I guess that makes sense. My mistake. Although that was kinda misleading.

This season: Kill Deb, let something happen to Dex that actually changes up the story a bit, get some interesting new characters.
Deb's gotta find out about Dexter's murderous side first. Although I wouldn't mind if they split up the season--half about Deb dealing with the knowledge of Dex's secret, the other half with Dex dealing with Deb's death.

Deb's gotta find out about Dexter's murderous side first. Although I wouldn't mind if they split up the season--half about Deb dealing with the knowledge of Dex's secret, the other half with Dex dealing with Deb's death.

Although with there only being about 10 episodes per season, it might be better to make that a 2 season story arc. In Season 6 Deb finds out Dexter's secret, then spends most of the season trying to come to terms with how she feels about her brother being a serial killer. By the end of the season, Deb decides to keep Dexter's secret because she can't stand the thought of losing her little brother. Besides, she figures she could use his insights to help advance her career and there are worse things a serial killer could be doing than killing the killers that the police can't catch. But then in the season finale, the Big Bad that Dexter's been chasing all season kills Deb and gets away.

Then in Season 7, Dexter is trying to come to terms with Deb's death and at the same time hunt down her killer and avenge her death.

Meh. That would just be rehashing what happened to Rita.

I think it'd be far more interesting for Deb to have to live with the knowledge. Does she hold her tongue while Dex kills. Does she lie for him? Tamper with evidence? What happens when she finds out about Harry?

The real question is...how much will deb find out? will she discover that dexters been killing all these years or will she just think that he's killed a couple of people?

I really thought we'd see Deb find out this last season, I mean not only did she get close to literally catching Dexter, but we're starting to see her character being able to justify his actions. The whole "the ends justify the means" idea is becoming quite apparent to her, so I think it's only a matter of time before she finds out. Can't say I see her dying though

Last edited:
Who knows, the show might get by right to the very end without her ever finding out.

Why does people keep on wishing for Debs to get killed? Why do you hate her character so much?
I hope they won't kill her, and i0 have to say... I really hope the 6th season will be the last. The Show doesn't deserve what happend to "The X Files" and from what it seems...This is the path the show's taking.

I think people are calling for Deb to die because this show has largely skewed our thinking towards death, particularly violent death, as the primary means to a resolution for any character on this show. Kind of like a video game, but with better writing.

I don't want Deb to die, because she really represents the last real contact Dexter has to the human race. If she did die, there wouldn't be a heckuva lot stopping Dexter from becoming a true predatory serial killer and for the police to be really hunting after him, which would make for an interesting final season plotline if not for the fans screaming "character betrayal."

Yeah, death is kind of how plots are resolved on Dexter. If someone does find out about Dex's killing: boom, dead. The Bay Harbor Butcher, Layla, Doakes, Miguel, Trinity, Liddy, etc. are all dead as a result, directly or indirectly, of learning that Dexter murders people in his free time. We all want to see Deb finally find out about Dex because the show teases us with it virtually every single season, but pretty much the only resolution once they cross that threshold is to kill her off.

On the other hand, Lumen learned about Dex, joined him, and then apparently gets to go home and resume her normal life with just a promise to keep Dex's secret. So maybe the writers do have some new tricks up their sleeves. Either way, I really want to see either Deb or Quinn learn about Dexter's serial killing next season and explore the possibility of Dexter having an actual police accomplice.

Yeah, death is kind of how plots are resolved on Dexter. If someone does find out about Dex's killing: boom, dead. The Bay Harbor Butcher, Layla, Doakes, Miguel, Trinity, Liddy, etc. are all dead as a result, directly or indirectly, of learning that Dexter murders people in his free time. We all want to see Deb finally find out about Dex because the show teases us with it virtually every single season, but pretty much the only resolution once they cross that threshold is to kill her off.

On the other hand, Lumen learned about Dex, joined him, and then apparently gets to go home and resume her normal life with just a promise to keep Dex's secret. So maybe the writers do have some new tricks up their sleeves. Either way, I really want to see either Deb or Quinn learn about Dexter's serial killing next season and explore the possibility of Dexter having an actual police accomplice.

I expect the series to end with Dex dying in a noble way (saving Harrison or Deb or someone he cares about and taking the season big bad out with him). Deb will find out in the process, cover up his crimes and Quinn will carry Harrison out of Dexter's death scene, essentially becoming the new Harry.

Quinn has been set up to follow in Harry's footsteps, IMO. There are so many thematical (and even physical) similiarites between the two. I foresee him becoming Harrison's mentor in the end.

I expect the series to end with Dex dying in a noble way (saving Harrison or Deb or someone he cares about and taking the season big bad out with him). Deb will find out in the process, cover up his crimes and Quinn will carry Harrison out of Dexter's death scene, essentially becoming the new Harry.

Quinn has been set up to follow in Harry's footsteps, IMO. There are so many thematical (and even physical) similiarites between the two. I foresee him becoming Harrison's mentor in the end.

Hell yeah. That'd be an awesome ending. :up:

So he'll just screw Harrison up the way Harry screwed Dexter up? The whole show has been about how the Code and Harry's personal demons ended up messing Dexter up way more than his urge to kill did. :csad:

I think subconsciously Deb already knows who Dexter is.

She was there beside him when Harry was on his deathbed when he advised Dexter about his addiction, and I think it has slowly been building in her mind, and the way she "knew" the vigilante survivor had a male lover says to me she had an instinct about Lumen the instant she met her.

I really like that idea. Because it leaves two openings. Deb and Quinn (assuming they're together) raise Harrison to be the good person Dexter hoped his son (and himself) would be...or the cycle repeats and the Dark Passenger continues on.

So he'll just screw Harrison up the way Harry screwed Dexter up? The whole show has been about how the Code and Harry's personal demons ended up messing Dexter up way more than his urge to kill did. :csad:
We don't know how Quinn could raise Harrison, but he would be a father figure to him.

I like that suggestion for the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back