Discuss what you LIKED about X3

wow- youre like the only one. i watched the tv premiere of X2 in the UK and realised how much i loved that movie. i thought X3 was good but not in the same league.they both felt like x men movies but 2 different eras. i think singer was in the nineties and inspired by the cartoon, ratner was definitely up to date. it felt like ultimate to me.

People act like as if there is too much action in the movie and not enough character moments. What about the moment between Logan and Scott, Xavier and Logan, Beast and Leech, Xavier and Jean, Young Angel and his dad, Jean and Logan. There are plenty of quiet moments. I think some people believe there is too much action, but in reality, the action is 10x's better than X1 or X2. Perhaps not up to par with X2 emotionally, but still an xcellent action/adventure/drama.

You got a good point there Snikt, but I guess it wasnt as subtle and sweet as it was in X2. The character moments in x3 were nice but most of the characters were new, so it didnt really have that much of an impact for me.
With x2 subtle things made me notice it, like jean stopping scott's laser blast and him telling her he will never let anything happen to her. But I think the key character moment in x3 for me would be the skating between bobby and kitty. They have a nice brother/sister relationship at the moment and it will be nice to see how that develops.

True is wasn't as subtle, but sometimes subtle can be a little boring. I loved Singer, but there are quite a few times where I did get a little bored with X2. X1 and X3 I never get bored with I guess because they aren't as long as X2, but the quiet moments to me are a little more entertaining.

I think X3 was a big disappointment, but I still like the way they show Magneto's fine-line between Mutant & Human by the way he forsakes Mystique after she is 'cured'.

I liked callisto's cleavage and Beast being perfectly cast. That's all.

well for me i didnt get bored with any of the xmen. Its probably my favourite trilogy out there and although x3 did disappoint some, it was entertaining and i will still watch it. X3 was also quite sad for me, sure many characters were "killed" (supposedly..) but its amazing how much we feel for them after only 3 movies. Of course most of us here have been fans of these characters for a while, but we did grow attached to these characters the actors portrayed.

to be honest i hated the movie but what i liked about it is.......jean :D

Rebecca Romijn (especially the nekkid part)

Halle Berry and Dania Ramirez too

I Liked the new Rapidly flippin Marvel Logo in the Begining :woot:

^Like ntcrawler said, that was the first sign that the movie had pacing problems :D

flavio_lebeau said:
eewwwww pizza, that was the worst part about the movie :p

:D :p

CapBeerCino said:
I like the soundtrack.

There was a soundtrack.:huh:

I liked Ian McKellen(sp?), what little Patrick Stewart had, Ellen Page and the fact that it ended.:up:

Snikt said:
People act like as if there is too much action in the movie and not enough character moments. What about the moment between Logan and Scott, Xavier and Logan, Beast and Leech, Xavier and Jean, Young Angel and his dad, Jean and Logan. There are plenty of quiet moments. I think some people believe there is too much action, but in reality, the action is 10x's better than X1 or X2. Perhaps not up to par with X2 emotionally, but still an xcellent action/adventure/drama.

Co-signed! After reading all the X3 bashing on this forum I watched the movie again just to see if the movie was really as bad as alot of people are saying, and I just dont see it. WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT THIS MOVIE??

If this movie is so terrible than what movies are good? Is there something wrong with me? Am I just too easy to please? The characters are solid. The acting is "first rate". The story has alot of depth. The pacing is perfect. The script is great. Its got great emotional moments. Its easy to get into. The action is intense. You care about the characters which makes the action even better. So tell me..

WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT THIS MOVIE?!

I wouldn't ask that question here if I were you. People are listening...

Horhey, all im gonna say is you're not alone. Im sure there are plenty of people who love the movie, whereas there will be some who dislike it.
As for me, I did like it. There's always gonna be someone who will dislike a movie so i wouldnt care, its your opinon that really counts.
But i will say this..whilst i can watch xmen 1 and 2 over and over i cant really do that with x3. I guess despite the entertainment it wont beat the indepth story from x1 and 2.

Best score of all three films. Powell is genius.

I like Jeans choir in the end.

Duh nah nah nah NUH NUH NUH danananana!

The score for the Logan and Jean infirmary scene is brilliant, that creepy music as Phoenix seduces Wolverine!

all the scores of this movie are fantastic. its the only movie out of the 3 i bought the soundtrack for and downloaded lol

only score i loved in x2 was just Nightcrawlers intro and i dont remember any scores i loved in x1 so that prob means it didnt stand out much for me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"