Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

Compared to the Molotov cocktail Trump lobbed at Senate Republicans, both moderate and left wing Democrats are united in getting Covid relief to Americans. AOC and Tlaib didn’t waste any time with a quick amendment to the bill upping the amount.

An all comprehensive for everyone's least favorite branch of government.
Part 1, Lily? How presumptuous of you that there will even be a congress by the time we might need a part 2. :o

Last edited:
Compared to the Molotov cocktail Trump lobbed at Senate Republicans, both moderate and left wing Democrats are united in getting Covid relief to Americans. AOC and Tlaib didn’t waste any time with a quick amendment to the bill upping the amount.
Getting relief? Yes. The amount? Nah.

Those trashing Pelosi continue to underestimate her. It doesn’t bode well for Perdue and Loeffler’s runoffs if they have to vote down the $2,000 direct payments.
Do you really think she was playing 4-D chess and knew Trump was going to do this all this time? I'll go with: she's at least barely shrewd enough to know when to jump all over an opening when one comes out of nowhere to save her from the beating she's been taking for the last few days.

And look at the surge of support for this idea and how it's being pounced on from various sides. It's almost as if offering Americans material goods is a WINNING ISSUE.

Do you really think she was playing 4-D chess and knew Trump was going to do this all this time? I'll go with: she's at least barely shrewd enough to know when to jump all over an opening when one comes out of nowhere to save her from the beating she's been taking for the last few days.

And look at the surge of support for this idea and how it's being pounced on from various sides. It's almost as if offering Americans material goods is a WINNING ISSUE.
It's almost like when people say Trump is playing 4-D chess the entire time. And people say Dems and Republicans don't have anything in common!

Cty0089.gif

Those trashing Pelosi continue to underestimate her. It doesn’t bode well for Perdue and Loeffler’s runoffs if they have to vote down the $2,000 direct payments.

She is playing Trump and Mitch like a virtuoso violinist.
Honestly, it looks like she saw an opportunity and took it.

Honestly, it looks like she saw an opportunity and took it.

That’s what I mean. She has been playing Trump since Day One.

If Mitch doesn’t up the amount, he and Senate Republicans look like the Scrooges they are and potentially lose the GA runoffs. Especially since he tacked on the $600 to keep the latter in play.

And she knocks the critics who said it was “her” fault for accepting a watered down deal when it was Mitch’s fault all along. It’s a win-win for her.

That’s what I mean. She has been playing Trump since Day One.

If Mitch doesn’t up the amount, he and Senate Republicans look like the Scrooges they are and potentially lose the GA runoffs. Especially since he tacked on the $600 to keep the latter in play.

And she knocks the critics who said it was “her” fault for accepting a watered down deal when it was Mitch’s fault all along. It’s a win-win for her.
I just don't see how we're under-estimating her when she was handed a gift and then made the most blatantly obvious political maneuver of 2020.

Ossoff called $600 "a joke". I don't think we've heard from Warnock. Loeffler and Perdue pretty much have to support it because the overseer says so. They're just going to have to explain why they didn't support it earlier.

Now we see why Bernie wasn't gung-ho to eliminate the filibuster.

I find it funny that Fox News cut away from Schumer when he spoke and MSNBC didn't even air it. CNN actually showed Schumer and Sanders arguing for a vote.

I find it funny that Fox News cut away from Schumer when he spoke and MSNBC didn't even air it. CNN actually showed Schumer and Sanders arguing for a vote.
MSNBC did about an hour ago, but you don't watch it cause you're a meanie Rachel hater. :gibbs:

BTW, I hardly ever watch her show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"