Discussion: Gay Rights XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum Carnage

Tanned User
Reaction score
Amazing article; this sums up EXACTLY what I've been getting at in my last few posts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mikko-alanne/chick-fil-a_b_1734305.html

On August 1, hundreds of thousands of Americans went to bed with a belly full of chicken, feeling they'd been warriors for free speech.
After calls from the LGBT community to boycott Chick-fil-A for its president Dan Cathy's prolific anti-gay activity, former Governor Mike Huckabee called for a national "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day." All over the country, lined up patrons were talking about how much they loved free speech and were there to support it and fight for it.

Funny. I don't recall all those people lining up outside JC Penney when that company hired Ellen DeGeneres as its spokeswoman, and an organization calling itself "One Million Moms" (actually just a web project of the anti-gay American Family Association) was calling for her to be fired simply because she is gay. (Said "Million Moms" are now calling for a boycott of Amazon.com over founder Jeff Bezos' support of marriage equality).

Or remember the throngs of free speech lovers, lined up around the block outside Starbucks, when another deceptively named Right-wing anti-gay organization calling itself "The National Organization for Marriage," was trying to drum up a national boycott against the company because they support marriage equality?

I don't either. Because they weren't there. They never have been. And that's because the people who lined up outside Chick-fil-A to support Dan Cathy don't really love free speech. They loved what Dan Cathy said.
Except that it wasn't actually Dan Cathy's words that were being protested. It was his actions.

And while I'm talking about the American "Family" Association (which runs "One Million" Moms [aka 20 moms, lol]) check out this article!! Absolutely disgusting and ****ed up.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bryan-fischer-condones-kidnapping-children-of-gay-parents

In the past, Fischer had always stuck to the men and women in the GLBTQ community, taking aim at them by stating he felt they were possessed by the devil or responsible for the spread of AIDS worldwide.
This time, he changed his target in the GLBTQ community, reiterating his views on gay parenting but directing his anti-gay views to the children of gay and lesbian parents. Fischer justified his anti-gay views by tweeting how he feels the children should be kidnapped from their homes and ‘delivered’ to new homes where there are no same-sex parents.

This is Fischer’s first tweet from August 7, 2012: "Head of Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households goes on trial. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-crime-mennonitebre8751h... …"

This is his second tweet from the same day: "Why we need an Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/08/6065"

True, but there are many like myself that didn't boycott Target, didn't boycott JC Penney, didn't boycott Chick-Fil-A, and won't boycott Office Depot, and I won't be boycotting Amazon either....who believe everyone's beliefs can be respected, whether I totally agree with them or not....to each his/her own.

And yeah, many that were interviewed in the lines that I saw, said that they were in line because they felt that Chick-Fil-A stood for the family values they believe in, that's their beliefs, and they stated that...that is a part of their First Amendment rights to be able to believe that way, and eat at a restaurant that believes that way....others believe differently, that is how life is, people believe different things.

So, an "ex-gay" converted lesbian mom kidnaps the child from her former partner, who is in rightful custody, and escapes to a different country. And the American Family Association's president is ok with that. And wants ALL children in LGBTQ families to be kidnapped. Smfh.

I'm done, guys. I'm catching a doomed plane flight over a set of desert islands, where I'll live the rest of my life as a castaway. I give up with humanity.

If you don't see senators up in arms, and doing exactly what they have done in cases like this....the one that comes to mind is the Dad who's ex-wife took their son to Brazil.....if you don't see your elected representatives on the phone, flying there, etc....THAT IS WHO you get mad at...not some doofus President of an organization, good grief. You need to learn where to focus your anger...

True, but there are many like myself that didn't boycott Target, didn't boycott JC Penney, didn't boycott Chick-Fil-A, and won't boycott Office Depot, and I won't be boycotting Amazon either....who believe everyone's beliefs can be respected, whether I totally agree with them or not....to each his/her own.

And yeah, many that were interviewed in the lines that I saw, said that they were in line because they felt that Chick-Fil-A stood for the family values they believe in, that's their beliefs, and they stated that...that is a part of their First Amendment rights to be able to believe that way, and eat at a restaurant that believes that way....others believe differently, that is how life is, people believe different things.

and no one is taking that away from them. But people also have the right to disagree and speak out against it. No one is saying "CFA can't do this" they're saying "they're A-holes for doing it" which is fair. Everyone is allowed to believe what they want, but that also doesn't mean every belief is a good one or should be respected. The Gov should treat those beliefs fairly.. but i think that's where one draws the line. At least for me, when a belief starts harming or effecting someone else who may not share in that belief.. that's when one should lose the "freedom of belief" angle.. because they just took it up an notch and took it from something intangible and made it something very real and enforced it upon others.

and no one is taking that away from them. But people also have the right to disagree and speak out against it. No one is saying "CFA can't do this" they're saying "they're A-holes for doing it" which is fair. Everyone is allowed to believe what they want, but that also doesn't mean every belief is a good one or should be respected. The Gov should treat those beliefs fairly.. but i think that's where one draws the line. At least for me, when a belief starts harming or effecting someone else who may not share in that belief.. that's when one should lose the "freedom of belief" angle.. because they just took it up an notch and took it from something intangible and made it something very real and enforced it upon others.

The thing is, there are ways to change those things, and honestly I think a lot of time and effort are being focused on the wrong people....I mean after a while of focusing on businesses, etc...both the Suffrage Movement, and Civil Rights Movement turned its focus on Washington D.C., and when that happened, that is when changes began to come....

The thing is, there are ways to change those things, and honestly I think a lot of time and effort are being focused on the wrong people....I mean after a while of focusing on businesses, etc...both the Suffrage Movement, and Civil Rights Movement turned its focus on Washington D.C., and when that happened, that is when changes began to come....

that's just what you see on here, and where ever you get your information from. I can assure you things are pressed on DC just as much as everywhere else. Hell, i was in the National Equality March in DC in 2010 with Speedball. It's being pressed on by every angle imaginable all at once.. this leads to there being times (when something new pops up and people get angry at) where it seems like it's focused on less because of this new event... but its not. same amount as always.

Not to mention, some of you believe when it is eventually taken to supreme court.. they will let the states decide. And if that's so.. then DC wont matter at all.. it's trying to enlighten each individual person that you can that will.

People fear and hate what they aren't around and don't understand. (Hell look at a map of conservative areas, the majority are all rural, isolated from a city, predominantly white, and usually towns where people are born there and die there rarely getting out of their bubble. Yes there's exceptions to that, but the vast majority seem to fit that pattern.) So i'm a firm believer in Coming Out (it's hard but it's imperative) and enlightening others the best way you can.

There should be something illegal about actually openly advocating for children to be kidnapped from their legal parents.

Underground Railroad? Comparing stealiing children from their parents to helping slaves escape to freedom is just....smh. He has far more in common with the people the slaves were escaping from than the people behind the Underground Railroad.

And these people have the right to say whatever they want, but if they're going to say **** like gays and lesbians should be rounded up and put behind an electrified fence, then please, please, please stop calling yourselves Christians while doing it, because you're just...not.

And these people have the right to say whatever they want, but if they're going to say **** like gays and lesbians should be rounded up and put behind an electrified fence, then please, please, please stop calling yourselves HUMAN while doing it, because you're just...not.

fixed ;)

and i agree completely.

There should be something illegal about actually openly advocating for children to be kidnapped from their legal parents.

I'm amazed there isn't. Hate speech may be protected but not when it intends to instigate violence and harm in others directly. I would say kidnapping by someone is pretty harmful. Then maybe I don't understand the laws all that well.

He came out and reaffirmed his beliefs, by the way folks. Children of gay parents should be kidnapped, according to the American Family Association. :o

He came out and reaffirmed his beliefs, by the way folks. Children of gay parents should be kidnapped, according to the American Family Association. :o

Then I think he should be kidnapped by the gay secret alliance. Fair is fair.

Wait, can we have a gay secret underground railroad for kidnapping bigot "family" association leaders?

Who will be our Harriet Tubman?

Saw this on Facebook today. Thought I should share.

428890_4353166595947_661122703_n.jpg

Well the Old Testament is also okay with a Hebrew making raping children of both sexes of those of people he had defeated in battle and conquered. Not to mention raping grown men and boys who fought against them in battle for the purpose of humiliation. Slaves were not people either until Jesus said so so that makes them prime targets for same-sex rape. So based on that logic if you want homosexuals in America because as long as you make them slaves first it's okay...

Wait so when I beat someone in a fight I can't rape them and their children? Man my love life just took a downward turn.

Saw this on Facebook today. Thought I should share.

428890_4353166595947_661122703_n.jpg

The correct answer to the Adam and Steve argument is:

"So gay marriage is bad, but incest is ok. Gothca." :p

Gothca??????? is that hebrew?

Wait so when I beat someone in a fight I can't rape them and their children? Man my love life just took a downward turn.

If it's a holy war called upon by Yahweh you sure can or you need the land and natural food resources to survive.

If it's a holy war called upon by Yahweh you sure can or you need the land and natural food resources to survive.

God is always the one that tells me to get into the fights, him or that evil leprechaun that only I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"