Discussion: The 2010 SuperHeroHype! Awards

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
hypeawards2010main.png

The annual awards extravaganza known as the SuperHeroHype! Awards has officially returned! Over the years, the awards have become a nice way to close each year out and remember all the things that have happened. (From heated conversations on various topics, to members being devoured by the 'board monster', and everything in between.)​

This year marks an especially important year in SuperHeroHype! history...​

IT'S THE TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Since this marks the Hype's tenth year, I thought it would be cool to bring it 'back to the basics'. The awards are not about flashy graphics and photoshopped artistry - they are about you!​

Some of you might be familiar with how this works, and some of you may not...so here are the rules and guidelines.

* Each category will have an 'official' nomination thread for you to post your nomination in.
* You do not have to nominate someone for every category if you do not want to.
* For the categories that you do participate in, please only nominate one person for each category. (Or two people for 'pair' and 'rivalry'.) (One thread for 'Thread of the Year'.)
* Please do not nominate yourself. (As great and wonderful as I'm sure you all are, if other people feel the same way...they will nominate you!)
* Only the 'Top 3' nominations in each thread will make the cut.

I would really like the nominations to come to a close in ONE WEEK but I am not opposed to extending them if the demand is there.

Once the nominations have been tallied into a 'Top 3' for each category, the voting will begin!​

With that said, let's start nominating!!!!​

Last edited:
I demand a category that caters to me and my personal awesomeness: Best Sarcastic Poster.

Stealing? As far as I know there had been absolutely no talk of an awards ceremony this year...

And the award for Poster that should've joined us in SuperHeroSkype goes to...

Someone doesn't spend enough time in Community. :o

I spend quite a good deal of time in Community and the only thing I have seen even regarding the Awards was Asteroid-Man asking if anyone was planning them.

We need to add a new category...

Super Duper Mostest Serious Ever Poster

I nominate Marx!

new category suggestion(s):

Most Likely to be Banned Next Year

or does that sound more like a high school superlative lol

We should have a category like "Post of the Year"

I know it'd be hard to find anything worthy, bit that's what the TiVo thread is for!

Hmm, I really have no idea how these Awards will go. There are so many new people...I feel like I don't know most of the regulars anymore.

Maybe we can throw in "Most Likely To Be A Mod"?

I second the ''Most Likely to be Banned" nomination, if only to see the chaos it would cause.

I also think a ''Hype's Best Villain." is in order.

I second the ''Most Likely to be Banned" nomination, if only to see the chaos it would cause.

I also think a ''Hype's Best Villain." is in order.

Isn't that basically 'Biggest Dick'...err, 'Dick of the Year'? :oldrazz:

After further consideration, the 2009 Class of Newbies and 2009 Class of Banned Members got the short end of the stick when it comes to the awards. The 'Newbie of the Year' and 'Banned Poster of the Year' categories are being expanded to include 2009.

I nominate myself for everything! :awesome:

Now to wait for my win in the hyptothetical "Most Self-Absorbed" category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"