• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dem's are to blame?

I'm sorry I thought it was the people who actually took Trump aka King Joffrey seriously!

Hell yes they are to blame.

2 main demographics that SHOULD have voted for Clinton.....kept their asses at home in a HUGE WAY, in 4 states that have historically been strong democrat blue states...so yeah, that is exactly who is to blame for Clinton's loss.....now you want to talk about Trump getting to be the Republican candidate in the first place? well that is a whole different story.

The low turnout of Dems probably screwed up their chances down ballot too. Now GOP has control of the entire congress.

I read 46.9% of eligible voters didn't turn out. The Democrats **** the bed this election. Plain and simple. They picked an uninspiring candidate and refused to actually take the pulse of the country. I hope this is a moment of sober self reflection for the Democratic Party. It's time to wake up. Good enough isn't good enough anymore. Trump should have been easy to beat. The Dems just need a candidate that could inspire voter turnout, not apathy.

I read 46.9% of eligible voters didn't turn out. The Democrats **** the bed this election. Plain and simple. They picked an uninspiring candidate and refused to actually take the pulse of the country. I hope this is a moment of sober self reflection for the Democratic Party. It's time to wake up. Good enough isn't good enough anymore. Trump should have been easy to beat. The Dems just need a candidate that could inspire voter turnout, not apathy.

Yup, Dems have the blame squarely at their feet. I thought Hillary's low turnout at her rallies was simply because everyone knew how bad an option Trump was but even if that is the case they did not turn up to vote. Maybe next times the Dems nominate the candidate that has the record breaking turnout and excites the youth?

The low turnout of Dems probably screwed up their chances down ballot too. Now GOP has control of the entire congress.

That is how we know that those voters that normally vote Dem but didn't this time are such a huge reason for Trump winning.... The house should have been down at least 13 seats by the end of last night....no where near that.

2 main demographics that SHOULD have voted for Clinton.....kept their asses at home in a HUGE WAY, in 4 states that have historically been strong democrat blue states...so yeah, that is exactly who is to blame for Clinton's loss.....now you want to talk about Trump getting to be the Republican candidate in the first place? well that is a whole different story.
Yep. Idiots.

You do realize that you are saying the exact same thing that Republicans were saying in 2008 and 2012? ..... ;)

Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden... why....

While I like Hillary as the candidate, if Joe Biden had been the Democrats' choice (not Bernie), I think he would've had been able to beat Trump handily. He has the right amount of charisma and gravita, not to mention experiences and zero scandals, to defeat anyone facing him. Alas, it was not meant to be.

And I hope Democrats will study the outcome of this election like an analyst would, to find the root of the problem and why large percentage of their supporters stayed home. As the old saying goes, those who failed to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Democrats have to regroup for the midterm elections and 2020, and if they can and are willing to correct their mistakes they will have a chance to take back the Congress and the White House. If not, they will be marginalized and become an ineffective party.

You do realize that you are saying the exact same thing that Republicans were saying in 2008 and 2012? ..... ;)

I do realize. And now the Republicans won the government. The Dems need to do a similar post election autopsy.

I do realize. And now the Republicans won the government. The Dems need to do a similar post election autopsy.

Let's not give the GOP credit where they certainly don't deserve it. They listened to nothing of the autopsy that was done after McCain or Romney. In fact, they damn near did the opposite. The Trumpster fire was his own special brand of destructive political tornado and I'd much prefer the Dems never nominate anyone even remotely in the same vein.

Here's hoping Elizabeth Warren says "**** this" and makes a play in 2020. Maybe get Michelle Obama as her VP?

The Biden and Sanders trains have passed. Both will be too old, and if Biden's heart wasn't it it before I doubt it will be four years from now.

Yup, Dems have the blame squarely at their feet. I thought Hillary's low turnout at her rallies was simply because everyone knew how bad an option Trump was but even if that is the case they did not turn up to vote. Maybe next times the Dems nominate the candidate that has the record breaking turnout and excites the youth?
That was Bernie and they rigged it against him for Queen Clinton.

This is the most inept I've ever seen the Democrats be. The Country wanted an outsider and the DNC put all their chips on the insider with massive baggage. They thought Hillary's genitalia was going to propel her higher.

Biden failed to step up, and now his legacy is going to pay the price.

And I hope Democrats will study the outcome of this election like an analyst would, to find the root of the problem and why large percentage of their supporters stayed home. As the old saying goes, those who failed to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Democrats have to regroup for the midterm elections and 2020, and if they can and are willing to correct their mistakes they will have a chance to take back the Congress and the White House. If not, they will be marginalized and become an ineffective party.

Iuno man, seemed to work well for the Republicans when they doubled down with Trump, regardless if they wanted to or not. I'm just hoping the Democrats don't take notes on THAT, and come up with a Trump of their own. If John Kasich won, I would've bought into that mantra or learning from failure. But clearly, this election is breaking every single rule in the book, so don't expect the Democrats to be sensible in all this.

110,000 people who voted in MI did not enter a candidate for president.

God damn kids. #@$#@@^#@$##%^ :cmad::cmad::cmad:

This is becoming more likely by the day that the protest votes were the ones that did Hillary in.

And because of that we're getting Red Wedding's, Negan'd, Michie'd*, you name it

*Yes, I made a Kamen Rider Gain reference

Ooooooooooooh definitely.

Just as recent as last week, the talk here was how the GOP is going to survive as a party after this. In the fashion of a Shyamalan twist, turns out the Democrats are now on life support, losing the trifecta. So what are you guy's thoughts on the future of both parties?

Will the Democrats dissolve now, after losing the trifecta? Or will they be more unified after this **** up and this is just one giant speed bump for them?

Are the GOP still in danger of being phased out? Or has winning the trifecta given them a resurgence of power, potentially being able to roll back some progressive mandates set by the previous administration?

And how about the differences in the GOP themselves between the more sane members (Ryan and Kasich) vs the their supervillain counterparts (Giuliani and Gingrich)? The thought of the latter two being part of the cabinet is a scary thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"