The Trump Thread!!! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just look forward to Trump winning Iowa and all of the bragging/"sky is falling" takes it will inspire, with everyone completely forgetting that Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee were the last two winners of the Iowa Caucus'.

Trump pretty much has the rest of the nation locked up. The real story will be the turnout in Iowa.

In 2012, Santorum had 29,839 votes, and Romney was a close second at 29,805 votes.

High turnout = bad news for the Democrats. I myself am curious to Trump's ability to bring in people who are not likely voters, or have not voted in an election ever, as most scientific polls are based on likely voters.

If Trump can bring in a new group of voters at a +10%-30% margin over his opponents he's not only for real, it will show just how popular he is.

Time will tell, but if Trump pulls in 1,000's of non-likley into the Republican tent, he's not only for real, he's going to beat anyone the Democrats nominate.

Trump pretty much has the rest of the nation locked up. The real story will be the turnout in Iowa.

In 2012, Santorum had 29,839 votes, and Romney was a close second at 29,805 votes.

High turnout = bad news for the Democrats. I myself am curious to Trump's ability to bring in people who are not likely voters, or have not voted in an election ever, as most scientific polls are based on likely voters.

If Trump can bring in a new group of voters at a +10%-30% margin over his opponents he's not only for real, it will show just how popular he is.

Time will tell, but if Trump pulls in 1,000's of non-likley into the Republican tent, he's not only for real, he's going to beat anyone the Democrats nominate.

Them's is lotsa "ifs".....not to mention some suppositions they may not be entirely true.

Not sure you're really going to see that in a party caucus like Iowa. But it will be interesting.

Not sure you're really going to see that in a party caucus like Iowa. But it will be interesting.

Yes it will. Iowa is a blue state in presidential elections, however if Trump can draw new voters into the tent, the Republican establishment better kiss is rear ASAP, because they have been talking about doing that for years.

There's a lot of money and political pork on both sides. Trump isn't playing that game which is whey they aren't for him....for now.

Yes it will. Iowa is a blue state in presidential elections, however if Trump can draw new voters into the tent, the Republican establishment better kiss is rear ASAP, because they have been talking about doing that for years.

There's a lot of money and political pork on both sides. Trump isn't playing that game which is whey they aren't for him....for now.

But Iowa is a party caucus, meaning you have to be a registered Repub to vote in it. You're not going to see people who arent already registered Repubs voting for Trump in a caucus (which is where all his support comes from already). Unless you're contention is that people are registering Republican in droves there to vote for him in the caucus? But I haven't heard that.

I think you're more likely to see if Trump has any ability to bring in new voters in a state with an open primary in a purple state like Indiana or North Carolina. Trump is really only a threat to other Repubs in a state like Iowa.

Last edited:
Trump's supporters are vocal (and idiotic), but I don't think there are that many of them. I think there are more rational minded people who don't vote in polls and keep to themselves than people who support Trump. I highly doubt he will be president. I think the non-vocal majority will make sure he doesn't become president.

Birds of a feather???

And, heretofore (I love archaic and formal speech), Kid Rock was one of my idols. He's right up there with Ted Nugent in my book. He always came off as so intelligent. Where o where did he go wrong? Teddy N, of course, remains in my good graces. Met him and Sarah Palin on a right to life hunting expedition I did......yeah, that's the ticket....right to life....yeah.....we need to run public entities like a business....yeah....it'll work for everyone....that's the ticket..

"My feeling: Let the motherf—ing business guy run it like a f—ing business. And his campaign has been entertaining as ****," he adds.

Is Kiddy Rock aware that Trump is a horrid businessman? I love folks that thing Trumps business skills make him eligible for the presidency. Dude is horrible at it. Bankruptcies left and right.

Aware? I'm wondering, and please excuse my use of not-so-non hyperbolic statements, if he should be considered sentient. Still, he does walk on 2 legs which I suppose gives him and my dear friends Teddy and Sarah a however slight evolutionary advantage over our four legged friends.

OK. It's a little bit early, but my fears have come true. I think Rubio is the biggest winner, then Cruz, then Trump. The reason this scares me is that I don't think Cruz can get the nomination if he's going head to head with Rubio. Rubio has been my nightmare for quite some time.

Trump, IMO, is much less relevant than he was 24 hours ago. My nightmare election is Rubio v Clinton. Clinton v anyone else is a better chance with more downside. Sanders v anyone other than Trump is beyond scary.

Lord save us all.

Oh lorrrdyyy lorrrdyyy lorrrdyyy. I'm listening to Rubio and this guy is scary.

Yikes. This guy scares me more than almighty god.

Please remember the 1st amendment.

Listening to Trump....Huckabee.....live feed. Tramp is soooooo happy his family is doing speeches...love NH...god love him....proclaiming victory he hopes...and he will beat Hillary. I'd pay him to not buy a farm in my state if I had the money to pay him off.

Rubio, to my fears, won.

I'd be surprised if Cruz won anything else other than Iowa.

Can't say I'm surprised by the results. Cruz put a lot of resources into Iowa and his natural constituency is a state like Iowa so for Trump to come as close as he did is a good result. The last 2 winners of the Iowa caucus for the Republicans didn't amount to much afterward so I get the feeling it'll play out again like that. Most surprising result is Rubio getting around 23% when he was polling around 15-18%. Seems like support from most of the lower tier candidates shifted to him late.

^ Yeah, pretty much. Clinton, Bush and Reagan didn't win Iowa either I believe.

I find it a bit odd that Trump can get 200,000+ at rallies but isn't able to win 50,000 in the Iowa caucus? Odd...

giphy.gif

^ Yeah, pretty much. Clinton, Bush and Reagan didn't win Iowa either I believe.

Iowa is a very poor state for the Clintons. Hillary finished 3rd last time, and Bill didn't even compete in 1992.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"