Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what his reasoning is behind this decision. Seems like he had a pretty decent level of support.

bilde
Here is one taken in Iowa in the month of June.

sinewave said:
weird. i would have thought, just based on all i've heard about him on these boards, that he'd have been more popular than that.
Me too. I was rather surprised when I finally came across some of these polls a couple days ago.

I think that of all the potential Democrat candidates for 2008, Mark Warner would've been the most viable one. I thought that he would've emerged during the primaries as the "not Hillary" candidate, and he could've won the general election. Makes me wonder who has the best chances of winning the nomination, besides Hillary Clinton. I like Joe Biden, and his profile has been rising as far as the polls go, but we will just have to wait and see.

What dissapointing news, I would have voted for him if he had run, he did such a great job in my state.

Jon Stewart should run for President.

He'd get my vote. :up:

Warner, who enjoyed high popularity ratings in the Republican-leaning Virginia when he left the governorship in January. . .

That's an understatement. The majority of Republicans around this area really enjoyed his tenure.

He's one of the best examples of bridging party lines imho.

Hmm...his name has been thrown around a lot, and I'm guessing he gave it serious consideration, and I'm disappointed he isn't running. He could have taken McCain's bipartisan advantage. Anyone else left on the Democratic side who can even compare?

Like I said before in the exact same thread, all hope is lost!

Wait, you guys actually thought the Dems would pull together and get the White House?

Darthphere said:
Wait, you guys actually thought the Dems would pull together and get the White House?
Yes:o

NOFX said:
Like I said before in the exact same thread, all hope is lost!

Yes, and by that, I mean choose someone that is similar to their leadership showing that they learned nothing from the 2004 election :o

how many threads are going to be made on this?

Another thread about this guy?! Good grief... I don't think he was that big of a candidate.

For the Dems, Hillary and John Edwards are the front runners.

Just merge the threads, Truthteller. :up:

My bad....my search option kept freezing,..and since I didn't see a thread on the first two pages...I didn't think there was another thread.

Edit: Warner had the background, accomplishment, network, and base to have won the whole thing and barring McCain could have beaten anyone. I think he could have defeated Edwards.

farmerfran said:
Just merge the threads, Truthteller. :up:
I will as soon as I find them. I know there was one other earlier today. Have there been more than two? :huh:

If so, then damn. Maybe this dood should have run! :D

SentinelMind said:
My bad....my search option kept freezing,..and since I didn't see a thread on the first two pages...I didn't think there was another thread.

Edit: Warner had the background, accomplishment, network, and base to have won the whole thing and barring McCain could have beaten anyone. I think he could have defeated Edwards.
Not a big deal man. Thanks for being a stand up guy about it. And welcome to the Hype! :)

Future Prez said:
Anyone else left on the Democratic side who can even compare?
There's one person that no one really talked about who I really liked and can really give Hilary a run for her money if she decides to run she's not too liberal or too conservative. Yes its a she! And she's a Democrat governor in a conservative state Kansas!
Everyone keeps talking about we need Democrat who can win Republican states, Kathleen Sebelius has done it and she's a woman?!

Here's some of her intiatives and more info about her.
http://www.governor.ks.gov/initiatives.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Sebelius

ShadowBoxing said:
A poll for Democrat Primary
http://www.democrats.com/presidential-primary-poll-1
Mark Warner only carried 4% of the vote in the poll:csad: . Al Gore (not running:cwink: ) carried 37%, while Hilary only carried 11%.

Warner doesn't have massive name recognition (but neither did a guy named Bill Clinton in 91) but out of those guys, once Warner got his campaign rolling and his accomplishment out there, he'd have defeated Feingold (that guy's going nowhere, sorry calling for gay marriage and censuring Bush isn't gonna get you the White House), Daschle (the guy was Minority Leader lost his own Senate seat,..yeah a great Presidential candidate), Vilsack obviously has hometurf bias in this poll. The other candidates are just the typical big names. Warner had the best shot as a newcomer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"