Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I merged it because he is a republican and possible seen as a major player in in the party's future. This thread is about the party and it's future. In the past, the only people that have had their own threads are primary or general election candidates. Rubio is not currently a candidate.

Well that sucks, I have no wish to discuss the Republican party as a whole, just how much I hate Marco Rubio.:o

...but you can do that here. This thread is an umbrella thread that allows discussion on everything related to the party and republican politicians. :huh:

...but you can do that here. This thread is an umbrella thread that allows discussion on everything related to the party and republican politicians. :huh:

Eh, it's a bit like wanting to discuss Spider-Man and merging his discussion into a general Marvel thread where eventually the discussion will go off into 18 different directions. Whatevs as the kids say.

So now GOP officials in Texas are calling for secession... again. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Let them, just don't come back crying to the US when you need help. :o

Yeah, let the 10 jerks who actually want to secede move to an island. Idiots don't speak for all of us in Texas.

Last edited:
They'll probably use the popular votes as a sign that they don't need a lot of tinkering, just a true conservative as candidate to help them go over the hump.

What popular vote? The Republicans lost the popular vote by more than Kerry did when Bush "won" a mandate.

I merged it because he is a republican and possibly seen as a major player in the party's future. This thread is about the party and it's future. In the past, the only people that have had their own threads are primary or general election candidates. Rubio is not currently a candidate.

i know the clintons have their own threads, and O had his first in 2006. ;)

What popular vote? The Republicans lost the popular vote by more than Kerry did when Bush "won" a mandate.

I should probably also add all the votes haven't been counted yet. I am guessing when we count the remaining ~10M votes Obama will probably gain a percentage or 2 on Romney since most the remaining votes are in heavily democrat favored areas.

Yeah, let the 10 jerks who actually want to succeed move to an island. Idiots don't speak for all of us in Texas.

That's "secede", and I agree with you. And let them take Chuck Norris with them.

On the subject of Texas, don't they have the power if they want to break up into 5 States? Might not be a bad idea if they want more Republican Senators, although the negative part of that would be a couple of those states might go Democrat and they lose those electoral votes.

Last edited:
On the subject of Texas, don't they have the power if they want to break up into 6 States? Might not be a bad idea if they want more Republican Senators, although the negative part of that would be a couple of those states might go Democrat and they lose those electoral votes.

Texas does not have a magical right to secede from the Union. This is a myth carried on by wishful thinking.

i know the clintons have their own threads, and O had his first in 2006. ;)

The Clintons and George W Bush have their own threads because two are former presidents and one was a major party candidate. :huh:

Besides, I'm pretty sure Hillary's threads have all been locked or moved into the Clinton thread.

Texas does not have a magical right to secede from the Union. This is a myth carried on by wishful thinking.

I think they could secede but it's a tough tough process. That being said I do believe becoming 5 states is a choice they have when they decided to become part of America

This is how I think the most reasonable way of them breaking up should go

244czo0.jpg

and this is the more likely way it would happen given political motivations

120909_ss001.jpg

Yeah, I think breaking themselves up into 5 states was part the treaty that brought them into the US.

Does anyone watch Revolution on NBC?

347wn01.jpg

I like how everything has a description like commonwealth, republic, federation, nation. And then there's just Texas :p

And it looks like they absorbed Louisiana, Arkansas, and part of Oklahoma. Oh, the Oklahomans can't be liking that :D

Y
Does anyone watch Revolution on NBC?

Yeah I watch it here, the map sort of reminds me of the way the US broke up in Jericho

AD-map-JerichoUS.jpg

I guess I am a sucker for any media of the world goes to poop type shows

I also like the alt-verse US in Fringe
2ywxpg5.jpg

It's huge

That 73% is definitely a problem, but a good chunk of their base aren't exactly fans of immigrants. So, they're going to have to do a balancing act, and that's hard.
Most (or actually, probably all) of my conservative friends don't have a problem with gay marriage, but most of them do have very strong opinions against illegal immigration. So compromising on immigration without pissing off their base might be pretty difficult....

The Clintons and George W Bush have their own threads because two are former presidents and one was a major party candidate. :huh:

Obama wasn't a candidate yet. ;) But no worries marx, I dont care anymore ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"