Discussion: Third Parties, The GREEN Party, The LIBERTARIAN Party, and Other Third Parties

It won't buy him the votes he needs.

They really wanted to make him a new Bernie.
LOL.....someone would need to be rational and be able to speak in complete sentences to be a new Bernie.

She "saved the senate filibuster" and thus tanked any chance at real progress and action in int.

Quick reminder.

RFK Jr and other third party news goes in this thread.

I've been saying for awhile that dealing with RFK Jr needs a 2 pronged strategy. The first is to air ads that appeal to anti-vaxxers and conspiratorial theorists. Make him ATTRACTIVE to those people. Trump is saddled with bringing the vaccine to the public via "Operation Warp Speed" and gets some boos when he says the vaccine is effective (so he doesn't talk about it anymore). Air commercials that explicitly contrast RFK Jr and Trump to show RFK Jr is the "real" anti-vaxxer (aka nut job). At the same time, enlist Kennedys to talk to Dem voters about just how freaking crazy their brother, cousin, etc. is. Attack him from both side with a similar, but tailored message that appeals to some and completely turns off others.

I've been saying for awhile that dealing with RFK Jr needs a 2 pronged strategy. The first is to air ads that appeal to anti-vaxxers and conspiratorial theorists. Make him ATTRACTIVE to those people. Trump is saddled with bringing the vaccine to the public via "Operation Warp Speed" and gets some boos when he says the vaccine is effective (so he doesn't talk about it anymore). Air commercials that explicitly contrast RFK Jr and Trump to show RFK Jr is the "real" anti-vaxxer (aka nut job). At the same time, enlist Kennedys to talk to Dem voters about just how freaking crazy their brother, cousin, etc. is. Attack him from both side with a similar, but tailored message that appeals to some and completely turns off others.

I think this has the risk of backfiring by providing free marketing.

I think that's fair: liberals stop protesting injustices when they're committed by a Democratic president, so there's no domestic opposition on progressive issues.

When Obama was elected, people largely stopped protesting the Iraq war and federal torture facilities.

When Biden was elected, people largely stopped protesting Black Lives Matter, MeToo, and largely stopped worrying about COVID.

It's really too bad but it does seem like partisanship rules almost everything.

But Kennedy could become a much better candidate by coming out against the Gaza conflict. I suspect that he too wants to please his donors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"