Discussion: UK Politics

In the millennial era the conservatives have been so terrible that it's not surprising.

In the millennial era the conservatives have been so terrible that it's not surprising.
What gets me is that it seems to be true across multiple countries, not just one. Like a sickness that keeps spreading. :(

What gets me is that it seems to be true across multiple countries, not just one. Like a sickness that keeps spreading. :(
Trump inspired a lot of the worst elements by getting to power in the US (something that felt impossible beforehand) ) and emboldened them that facts don't matter any more.

I was watching GPS with Fareed Zacharia this morning and he too said the UK economy hasn't done well since Brexit. He suggested the UK rejoin but that's easier said than done. :(

I was watching GPS with Fareed Zacharia this morning and he too said the UK economy hasn't done well since Brexit. He suggested the UK rejoin but that's easier said than done. :(

Norway route would be easier, though more expensive, but maybe less humiliating.

Just saw that Nicola Sturgeon is resigning (Furst Minister, Scotland).

That's one of the only semi-grownup leaders in the U.K. leaving. To be fair, she was around for longer than many recent prime ministers (since 2014).

As an American, I have.... many questions.

1. What the **** is modern slavery protections? Isn't it all outlawed?
2. And then, why the **** are you making that protection provisional?

As an American, I have.... many questions.

1. What the **** is modern slavery protections? Isn't it all outlawed?
2. And then, why the **** are you making that protection provisional?

Well, somebody has to work in the sweatshops, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"