Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
24175385_219324381942427_5773243486790746112_n.jpg

Disney will end up buying Fox because The Simpsons already predicted this happening years ago!

Oh damn! :funny:

Last edited:
What I still find interesting is that James Cameron would even comment on the situation. In most cases, people would shy away from talking about it as nothing has officially been announced.

There's been enough fuel dumped on the fire, that at this point the bigger question seems to be what concessions Disney will make (if any) to clear DOJ review.

What I still find interesting is that James Cameron would even comment on the situation. In most cases, people would shy away from talking about it as nothing has officially been announced.

There's been enough fuel dumped on the fire, that at this point the bigger question seems to be what concessions Disney will make (if any) to clear DOJ review.

Cameron? What did he say about it?

Cameron? What did he say about it?
He was asked how much Avatar would be impacted if Disney buys Fox. He said "not much", and then added "Disney actually has more of an investment in Avatar than Fox does". Referring to the Avatar theme park at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

He was asked how much Avatar would be impacted if Disney buys Fox. He said "not much", and then added "Disney actually has more of an investment in Avatar than Fox does". Referring to the Avatar theme park at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Oh, interesting.

That can only be a positive too given that he's (totally) in charge of one of the biggest franchises in question.

Oh, interesting.

That can only be a positive too given that he's (totally) in charge of one of the biggest franchises in question.
Yeah. He would be one to have an idea, given his position as an insider. Which is why I found it so interesting that he would even comment on it. In most cases, people will decline to comment citing rumors & speculation, etc.

If nothing was going on, then it wouldn't be prudent of him to answer a question about his partner (Fox) being potentially bought out by a competitor.

Yeah. He would be one to have an idea, given his position as an insider. Which is why I found it so interesting that he would even comment on it. In most cases, people will decline to comment citing rumors & speculation, etc.

If nothing was going on, then it wouldn't be prudent of him to answer a question about his partner (Fox) being potentially bought out by a competitor.

Normally senior execs say nothing whatever the truth is until it's time to announce the deal. Cameron's a bit unconventional lol. But the words can only be encouragement for Disney knowing that one of the biggest characters and possible spanners in the works is ok with a potential switch.

This is a interesting quote I know it's probably been posted

You made Titanic for 20th Century Fox, which has been your longtime studio home. And you’re making the Avatar sequels for them, but there are reports now that the Murdochs are interested in selling the movie studio. What would that mean for you and your films?

Probably not that much. I’ve always had a good relationship with Fox. If they sold to Disney that wouldn’t be bad because Disney actually at this point in time has a bigger investment in Avatar than Fox does in terms of spent money.

Because of the Pandora—The World of Avatar themed land at Disney World?

Yeah, exactly. So I get along great with Fox; I’m sure I’d get along great with Disney.

I think Cameron, much like Schuler Donner, is just signaling he can play ball with whoever is in charge.

Last edited:
avatar sequels are about only fox productions that will continue at disney.
there is avatar as part disney them parks.donner will get executive producer credit and be pushed out on x-men

So Bryan Singer left his FOX movie and it's now been halted

Disney would be smart to make some concessions, It would speed up the process and they could gain some rights from their subsidiaries back quicker (i.e. remaining spiderman rights, remaining hulk/namor/etc rights, theme park rights, indiana jones 1-4 distribution rights). It would be a tremendous play by Iger, pretty much that walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th in game 7 of the World Series in his last ever game as he gets ready for retirement.

Disney would be smart to make some concessions, It would speed up the process and they could gain some rights from their subsidiaries back quicker (i.e. remaining spiderman rights, remaining hulk/namor/etc rights, theme park rights, indiana jones 1-4 distribution rights). It would be a tremendous play by Iger, pretty much that walk off grand slam in the bottom of the 9th in game 7 of the World Series in his last ever game as he gets ready for retirement.
I'm starting to see a two pronged attack by Iger. An example would be they will be in a position to negotiate with Sony from an even stronger position. They'll have something Sony really, really wants in the James Bond home distribution rights. Which will help Sony with any ongoing negotiations for any of those rights for that property. Whether or not they can make adjustments to Spider-Man remains to be seen.

They'll have to make concessions, but there lies further opportunity for them to gain many of the things you laid out.

I'm starting to see a two pronged attack by Iger. An example would be they will be in a position to negotiate with Sony from an even stronger position. They'll have something Sony really, really wants in the James Bond home distribution rights. Which will help Sony with any ongoing negotiations for any of those rights for that property. Whether or not they can make adjustments to Spider-Man remains to be seen.

They'll have to make concessions, but there lies further opportunity for them to gain many of the things you laid out.

I agree. They could give up some things but gain others. I feel this deal would go through regardless of concessions by Disney, but making them will get clearance cheaper while opening the door for them to gain full control of other properties they own.

I think Cameron, much like Schuler Donner, is just signaling he can play ball with whoever is in charge.

Yeah, and this makes it all more attractive knowing that there will be much less hassle on those fronts. You need Cameron happy and on board for all the Avatar films, they are totally his baby and noone else will care about them as much. Plus a pissed off Cameron would be a real pain in the ass given how stubborn and outspoken he can be.

They have a lot to gain. Things that are worth much more to them than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"