Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 4

Ever since Disney bought Marvel in 2009, I've been checking in here, pretty much every day, hoping to find a glimmer of a hope that Disney/Marvel could somehow get the FF rights.

And now that it's actually happened, I don't know what to do with myself. :funny:

It's like we can't be happy even when it has reverted, because now there's nothing to keep hope alive about regarding that! The keeping hope was more rewarding than the end result itself!

It's like we can't be happy even when it has reverted, because now there's nothing to keep hope alive about regarding that! The keeping hope was more rewarding than the end result itself!
Keep hope alive Spidey reverts?

Now is the time for endless speculating on what can be done with those rights and it feels like the Marvel Films board has exploded on that front. Fun times for me at least.

I am hoping for Storm, Phoenix, Rogue, Emma, Dazzler, Polaris and Psylocke are in the same age. The thing about the Foxverse, is either some characters are in different time period and some just look older (Rogue is younger than Jean and Storm / Psylocke are older than Jean / Storm). While Jubilee, Kitty and Iceman could be the younger ones in the team.

Finally i understand, why Feige often said, that Marvel has so many characters (and there may be no fourth movie about Iron Man, Thor oder Cap). As well as there may be no "phase 4". And why it was easy for FOX to make "Logan", because they did know, that Wolverine will go to the MCU...

-> no phase 4 because it will be very difficult to bring all these characters "together"!

He did know, that F4 and X-Men will come back. And that brings the whole MCU in a new direction. And we still have the two "IW" movies coming, which will also change alot... (i think)

I still think, that it is a bad idea not continuing with Thor, Iron Man or Cap movies, but i can see, now, that Spider-Man, F4 and the X-Men are in/coming to the MCU, there is not much room left for their solo-movies. (even with three movies a year)

We still, i think, will see some Avenger-movies, Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2, GotG 3... every second year a Spider-Man movie.. plus F4 (once every three years) and maybe every year an X-Men movie (solo - Deadpool, Wolverine etc. or team).

That is a full schedule...
Plus, i think we will get a Illuminati movie - and i am looking forward to it!

I just hope, that Feige finds the right casting, especially for the X-Men. I think, that it has shown, that teenage-mutants are not really working. (last X-Men movie (Apoc.), First Class, and for sure the new X-Men movie)

On the other side i have to say, that the MCU have to be careful with bringing in the F4 and the X-Men. They could destroy everything, they build till now.
Because F4 and X-Men was FOX and the MCU arc are the Avengers with Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk.
So, if they "kill" their best horses and continue with the "Fox-ones", it will - maybe - have no good impact for the MCU. Especially, as there are more and more complaints about the f.e. humor of the latest MCU movies (Thor 3, Spider-Man or GotG 2).

If you now continue - after "IW2" - with the wrong moves, it could be a problem for the whole MCU!

If i was Feige, i would do the following...

- 4 movies a year (with one X-Men movie a year)
- staying with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America and try to make a movie every three years
- Iron Man -> Illuminatis
- Thor and Captain America -> still Avengers (Thor, if he gets a fourth movie maybe not in the next Avengers - movie)
- a F4 movie every three years
- Spider-Man every second year
- Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Iron Man -> Illuminatis with Richards and Prof-X

The best bit about this news is that they will have fresh team ups and pairs to last them years. So I am sure it will be (once F4 and X-Men are in the MCU) 4 movies a year and a different styling and the odd event movie every 3 years may still not unite every hero in these movies. So that will be fun.

The best bit about this news is that they will have fresh team ups and pairs to last them years. So I am sure it will be (once F4 and X-Men are in the MCU) 4 movies a year and a different styling and the odd event movie every 3 years may still not unite every hero in these movies. So that will be fun.

I really think we will see 4 films a year in future.

So does anybody else wanna see Jean as her original alter ego: "Marvel Girl" something different from the previous incarnations

If you think about it, in 2018, we're going to get:

Black Panther
New Mutants
Infinity War
Deadpool 2
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Venom
Dark Phoenix

Now that Marvel will control everything (except for those goofy Sony projects and hopefully they can work something out with Sony on those), they could easily do 4-5 films per year without flooding the market

If you think about it, in 2018, we're going to get:

Black Panther
New Mutants
Infinity War
Deadpool 2
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Venom
Dark Phoenix

Now that Marvel will control everything (except for those goofy Sony projects and hopefully they can work something out with Sony on those), they could easily do 4-5 films per year without flooding the market
Yeah, all the planned Fox spots there can now be used by them without increasing the number of overall CBMs from all studios per year. And it looks like WB will be calming their schedule for the foreseeable future too.

I don't know. What I like about Fox merging with Disney, is we wouldn't get so much superhero Marvel films in a year. And there would be more excitement waiting for 3 films next year, than have 7 to 8 films, like some of those films feel like an obligation to me to watch because I watch every Marvel film and I don't want to feel obligated. I also think about quality control. 4 films per year under Marvel Studios means we might be getting like twenty films in 5 years and that's a bit much especially most of the solo heroes probably completed a trilogy by that point.

I think 3 films per year should be the regular plan.

I don't know. What I like about Fox merging with Disney, is we wouldn't get so much superhero Marvel films in a year. And there would be more excitement waiting for 3 films next year, than have 7 to 8 films, like some of those films feel like an obligation to me to watch because I watch every Marvel film and I don't want to feel obligated. I also think about quality control. 4 films per year under Marvel Studios means we might be getting like twenty films in 5 years and that's a bit much especially most of the solo heroes probably completed a trilogy by that point.

If you feel obligated to watch every Marvel film, then they need to get working on a Scott Buck big screen version of his Inhumans. You can see in IMAX once again Medusa's skinhead, Karnak's head injury and Blackbolt's imitation of the confused smiley :huh:

But we're not talking any additional films at all. Even with 4 films a years it could just be the regular 3 films we are getting anyway and then 1 Fox related project instead of 1-3 as Fox have built up to putting out. It just mean the Fox related project will be made by Marvel instead.

The thing is Iron Man, Captain America and possibly Thor are on their way out. fantastic Four, X-Men and Silver Surfer would just fill up the void. While Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man probably completed a trilogy even before we see the Mcu's first X-Men film. So that just leaves out Capt. Marvel, Dr. Strange, Avengers and Black Panther. If someone else that I haven't mentioned would get a solo trilogy treatment, it would probably just be one or two.

While Fox-relatd films like Deadpool 3 and X-Force probably won't be touched by Marvel Studios just like they don't contribute to the Netflix Marvel films. So I wouldn't count them as Marvel Studios films.

Would they use the FOX logo to do R-rated Marvel movies or maybe create a Marvel Max line for that?

Frell that. If the movies are good, I'm down for 1 a month. I just don't think it would be possible to have quality with that quantity. That and others aren't me.....

Would they use the FOX logo to do R-rated Marvel movies or maybe create a Marvel Max line for that?

They'll figure something out. To me, that's a side issue. Disney and everyone else knows there's BO potential for DP, Logan, etc. If there's money to be made, they'll figure out a way to make it. Ideology isn't going to get in the way of Disney making money.

The main issue with R rated films is making it clear that a film is R Rated so that no one is in any doubt and accidentally takes their kids to something not appropriate just because it's Disney or Marvel. It's pretty clear with the Netflix shows and would need to be equally clear for any films. Plus if characters from the R Rated films are used in other non R Rated films then of course they can't be doing anything R rated in those.

The thing is Iron Man, Captain America and possibly Thor are on their way out. fantastic Four, X-Men and Silver Surfer would just fill up the void. While Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man probably completed a trilogy even before we see the Mcu's first X-Men film. So that just leaves out Capt. Marvel, Dr. Strange, Avengers and Black Panther. If someone else that I haven't mentioned would get a solo trilogy treatment, it would probably just be one or two.

While Fox-relatd films like Deadpool 3 and X-Force probably won't be touched by Marvel Studios just like they don't contribute to the Netflix Marvel films. So I wouldn't count them as Marvel Studios films.
Ok but you were responding to my comment on 4 films a year and I wasn't differentiating. You're talking about Disney/Marvel doing more than 4 CBMs a year overall in that case which is a different matter and something more people might have concerns with. It's 4 films total regardless of classification which most are fine with as one per quarter seems ok.

The main issue with R rated films is making it clear that a film is R Rated so that no one is in any doubt and accidentally takes their kids to something not appropriate just because it's Disney or Marvel. It's pretty clear with the Netflix shows and would need to be equally clear for any films. Plus if characters from the R Rated films are used in other non R Rated films then of course they can't be doing anything R rated in those.
Bob Iger said it would be made clear (He said Deadpool sequels will still be R-Rated) so they'll probably create a new banner, They could even bring back "Marvel Knights"

Bob Iger said it would be made clear (He said Deadpool sequels will still be R-Rated) so they'll probably create a new banner, They could even bring back "Marvel Knights"

If they do that then there's nothing stopping them from getting the best of both worlds. Fox have launched Deadpool as well as anyone could have and that is an extra boost to the value of getting these rights to Marvel. And Deadpool is a great character to be taking the piss out of the whole situation and being able to comment on all these new characters. :woot:

If its under Marvel studios, I don't think you should expect to see Fox's logo. Besides from Deadpool and the other films already in development under Fox.I doubt Disney would let them do Marvel films that aren't under Marvel Studios.

FOX's pay TV deal with HBO runs through 2022, meaning FOX branded Marvel films would have to be available to that network before showing up on Disney's new streaming service. For that reason I see the Marvel rights reverting to Disney Studios, though I could see them setting up a MAX or KNIGHTS banner for films that may not fit into the cinematic MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"