Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the unfortunate part of these mergers.

Will definitely be a shame if they shut it down.

Until they announce it's shutting down I'm imagining Feige getting Tom Rothmans old corner office for himself

I'm willing to bet that they've known, for quite some time, how they'd integrate the X-men and the FF into the ever-expanding MCU. Obviously no scripts have been written or concept art produced, but there have undoubtedly been extensive conversations.

Aloha,
That would reflect the kind of forward thinking that Feige has become associated with. Of course you are right.
Spidey rules

I am not writing off the possibility of a side deal to allow some characters to make MCU appearances before it finalizes.

There is a possibility for such a clause as well. The key issue here is ownership. Fox is the current "holder" of the film rights, but with respect to ownership that falls onto Disney/Marvel. So a contingent contract could be written after the announcement to allow for a fast track of certain characters into the MCU. Any side agreement could be written as being contingent on the process continuing to proceed with the acquisition and be rendered null if the acquisition deal were to be terminated for any reason.

Fox was VERY eager to sell and to sell fast. If Disney wanted to work in a deal that they could Use the F4 in the next 3 years and at least have the rights to say the word "mutant" in MCU films/TV starting next year, I don't find that a stretch they made that happen. I'm not saying they did, as it really may not have been as important to them (as it would to us as fans), I'm just saying that's a small thing to give when you are trying to unload your studio.

Some analysts are already speculating that Disney may save hundreds of millions of $$ by scaling 20th Century back, closing and selling their lot in Hollywood, and said to be considering consolidating it as well.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/For-Disney-CEO-Bob-Iger-Fox-deal-is-about-future-12425295.php

Not surprised in the slightest, figured it would happen.

I want 2022. 4 years after Dark Phoenix and I want a first weekend of May release.

I go back and forth if I want a origins story or have them already be a team? People know these characters, like Spiderman, so I don't think we need another origins story. Yet, if they already are a team, how do we explain that and why they have not showed up before?

Be a team already and they are divided into three squads, Blue, Gold and Red.

Blue - ny/mansion affairs (Cyke, Jean, Xavier, Warren, Bobby, Hank, Kitty)
Gold - international affairs (Ororo, Logan, Remy, Rogue, Betsy, Piotr, Jubilation, Shiro)
Red - space affairs (Lorna, Alex, Kurt, Bishop, Forge, Sean, Sage)

Set them in mutant verse, then build up the impending Avengers cross over for Secret Wars or AvX - with two universes colliding.

Last edited:
Start of with the originals, cast them young. No need to say they've been working as the full fledged X-Men unknown until now. Make it their literal premiere on the world stage.

The audience then is on the same page as the characters, rather then getting a bunch of unseen back story that has to be doled out for at minimum six heroic characters (Scott, Jean, Warren, Bobby, Hank and Xavier) that would have been having far reaching adventures before we even meet them. That's sort of exactly what they did at Fox. Why retread that?

Give us what Fox didn't I say. Start with the core original team and expand out from there.

Eh... Outside of the obvious diversity issue, I don't see a compelling reason to have to have Storm right away.

That is a compelling reason and not simply the race. Having Jean be the only female with 5 males sounds boring. Another female is needed for balance

If you want to watch a team of white guys plus one woman just watch Marvel's future Fantastic Four movie lol. There's no way Marvel should go the 05 direction with their X-men film.

Ideally, for me, Storm would be a foundational and integral character to the team. I'd make the first movie about the Shadow King and have Forge on the roster to set up their tragic romance and the loss of her powers in later films. I'd also put Scott, Jean, Iceman, Rogue, and Nightcrawler on the main team and have a bunch of students from different generations of X-kids in the comics (Jubilee, Kitty, Ilyana, Armor, etc)

Easiest thing to do would be Uncanny X-Men and give the Fantastic 4 an origin film, unless the F4 show up in another film first.

hmmm.... if the Shadow King is the antagonist of the first movie, Marvel could have the original roster, which I prefer, BUT have Storm join the team midway through the film as the first new recruit since the original 5.

Easiest thing to do would be Uncanny X-Men and give the Fantastic 4 an origin film, unless the F4 show up in another film first.

Oh god not another origin film. I'd be perfectly fine if they go the Spider-man route and jump right into the action

I know this isn't the "how would you make the MCU X-men movie" thread (does that exist?) but I don't see why the 05 would be a selling point. Scott, Jean, and Iceman I get: Scott's the leader, Jean's the heart, and Iceman is the perfect character for Marvel to adapt. But Beast and Angel could be replaced with more interesting characters and there's no reason to limit the team to five members.

Oh god not another origin film. I'd be perfectly fine if they go the Spider-man route and jump right into the action

I get where you're coming from, but I think they'd almost need one. I could see it going either way though.

I know this isn't the "how would you make the MCU X-men movie" thread (does that exist?) but I don't see why the 05 would be a selling point. Scott, Jean, and Iceman I get: Scott's the leader, Jean's the heart, and Iceman is the perfect character for Marvel to adapt. But Beast and Angel could be replaced with more interesting characters and there's no reason to limit the team to five members.

I think there might be a thread in the X-Men section.

Anyway, I agree...for the most part. I just need Scott and Jean plus Beast would make sense and could even become an Avenger.

Who else they end up filling out the group with is anybody's guess and frankly, too soon as of now.

because that's the team people who grew up with them wants to see. starting with the second generation would be like starting the FF franchise with She-Hulk instead of Thing. Sure, it was cool, when it happened, but it is not the FF you want to see

I think they can and should get creative with the roster. I mean, hey, they didn't exactly adhere to the Avengers' original lineup either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"